Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If it's working out so well why are we trying a new merger every year, last year it was gtfc this tear HDT. Why are we not doing the obvious? Because you the board member have a sweet deal with the chargers?
    Who is "we"? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? If your kid is struggling at F.H. and unable to compete by all means go to WFF so your kids can adjust to the slower play and
    give them a few years/decades to mature - no need to wait for Fishhwak to accept you as a lower tier merger.

(By the way - we all know you are already a wff troll - thanks for playing)

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1519748]I have been saying this for a while but nobody listens. I live in FH. My daughter has always played at WFF and she plays at Newsome. PG's own daughters all went to WFF. That ought to tell you something.[/QUOT

He used to coach at BAYSL, and was on the BOD, his daughter stayed with her team when he left, big deal. Why do you think he left? That ought to tell YOU something.

Comment

Can't wait on the next batch of slow & tiny players that WFF produces this year....genetics I guess.
        The rent for my double wide is more than I make in a month, so proper nutrition for my kid is not a priority.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1519855]
          I have been saying this for a while but nobody listens. I live in FH. My daughter has always played at WFF and she plays at Newsome. PG's own daughters all went to WFF. That ought to tell you something.[/QUOT

He used to coach at BAYSL, and was on the BOD, his daughter stayed with her team when he left, big deal. Why do you think he left? That ought to tell YOU something.
          He left because the boys doc he hired trashed his kid and kicked him out of coaching not because he had issues with board or club. We liked him when he was here.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1519855]
            I have been saying this for a while but nobody listens. I live in FH. My daughter has always played at WFF and she plays at Newsome. PG's own daughters all went to WFF. That ought to tell you something.[/QUOT

She stayed there because yes it was her team but nobody that good plays at FH. I think PG is a good coach. He had a falling out at WFF. He was also coaching young B teams. Just sayin

Comment

Littered??? I think a there are a few former wff players out there....but they are they are kinda weak...sorry dad....truth hurts.

FH has better talent....you can send a few of your boys over...we may consider letting them guest play. There are a couple with average to decent skills.

FH > WFF (or whatever name you are going by this week)
              Written by a 7 year old or the dumbest adult I've ever encountered

Comment

Written by a 7 year old or the dumbest adult I've ever encountered
                That's really saying something considering who you hang out with on the sidelines.

Comment

We are new to soccer so we are still learning the in' and out's. We have had a good experience at Fishhawk so far. However we do hear that WFF is the club to be at when the kids get older. How does this decision get made?

Comment

We are new to soccer so we are still learning the in' and out's. We have had a good experience at Fishhawk so far. However we do hear that WFF is the club to be at when the kids get older. How does this decision get made?
                    The big question is whether your child is falling behind at FH or not. I don't really know to be honest if kids at FH or WFF ages 8-12 are getting better training or not. When my kids were at those ages there was no question that if you played at FH for any amount of time that your kid was falling behind. It may still be the case but I'm not sure. I would say you want your kid training with the best possible coaches and best possible players. Training 3 hours per week with better players will push your child just as much as a good coach. Do some research and ask people you know that have older kids that are "great" players.

Comment

Request to all Fishhawk soccer club members to talk to JD and get him to work with WFF. It's close, they have good coaches just like we do and it makes the most sense for the families that live in Fishhawk. We are to a point where we have to look at moving to WFF but would rather stay at Fishhawk. The pools and the Charger thing just isn't working for us. I talk to Fishhawk residents all the time that have their children an WFF and they like it. This isn't to say they don't have issues but every club has those issues but there are more benefits than drawbacks.
                      Not knowing it is their President and not JD who makes these inquiries and decisions, this post did not come from a Fishhawk parent. During State Cup and as tryouts approach, WFF once again begins its yearly quest for players. If history repeats itself, there will be many of these TS posts during the coming weeks.

Comment

History will continue to repeat itself as it has for the last five years. The good players will continue to migrate over to WFF, particularly on the girls side. It is just the way it is. No reason for drama, it will happen b/c it always happens.

Comment

History will continue to repeat itself as it has for the last five years. The good players will continue to migrate over to WFF, particularly on the girls side. It is just the way it is. No reason for drama, it will happen b/c it always happens.
                          Unfortunately, this time of the soccer year is nothing but drama.

In any event, and as it should be, once they reach the appropriate age the best female players should continue to migrate to an ECNL program and the best male players should continue to migrate to a USSDA program.

Since those ECNL and USSDA programs will accept the best available players that apply, the only real question is whether there is any good reason for those players who are not of ECNL or USSDA age or caliber to leave their local club.

Comment

Not knowing it is their President and not JD who makes these inquiries and decisions, this post did not come from a Fishhawk parent. During State Cup and as tryouts approach, WFF once again begins its yearly quest for players. If history repeats itself, there will be many of these TS posts during the coming weeks.
                            yea i think wff will fold if the fh kids dont come over and save them.

the truth of the matter is no one from fh has ever been able to answer honestly why the 2 clubs don't merge. there is clear benefit to the vast majority of parents but the elite few who pull the strings will not let it happen. lets wait and see who the merger is going to be with this year, maybe spirit.

Comment

Unfortunately, this time of the soccer year is nothing but drama.

In any event, and as it should be, once they reach the appropriate age the best female players should continue to migrate to an ECNL program and the best male players should continue to migrate to a USSDA program.

Since those ECNL and USSDA programs will accept the best available players that apply, the only real question is whether there is any good reason for those players who are not of ECNL or USSDA age or caliber to leave their local club.
                              And there answer is No! WFF provides support and coaching only to their ECNL players on the girls side, so if your kid does not make the ECNL team, she will not benefit from any training at WFF. Don't fall for the ECNL development team crap, it's just their way of saying, low level CDL team, or bench warmers for FSPL.

Comment

And there answer is No! WFF provides support and coaching only to their ECNL players on the girls side, so if your kid does not make the ECNL team, she will not benefit from any training at WFF. Don't fall for the ECNL development team crap, it's just their way of saying, low level CDL team, or bench warmers for FSPL.
                                With respect, I think you're missing the point. Ask yourself why the kids at FH, when they do reach ECNL age, aren't candidates. Many frustrated Brandon parents when their kid reaches that age get the news also - not good enough. Their spot gets taken by a girl from Lakeland, TBU, WC, etc.. but still there are many that get into Brandon early and succeed at ECNL. Show me where the FH kids are coming over late and taking an ECNL spot? Same with DA, those teams aren't made exclusively of Clw kids but a collection from around the area...why not FH? How are these questions unfair?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X