Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is a college coach with the Lancer's now, his name is Roger Kennedy from St. Leo University and he has already done some really good things for kids in the Lancer's club and some of those kids are those that gp and sr promised to help but just lied to. So sad that any person can do that to kids. I followed a coach to fcpc and it was a huge mistake but I have very good friends that stayed with the lancer's and things are nothing like before according to them (everyone is happy and kids are being sent to college and getting better opportunities). What else can us parents ask for. No need to talk smack I just don't like that people always say plant city is always lying, cheating and stealing because most of us are not like that. I think Brandon has had many opportunities because of the high level money and parents in the area and that is truly great for those who can afford it. Like I said most of us cannot afford to pay thousands for our kids to play and we are proud of Plant City and want to make it better here at home as I'm sure you can relate to.
    I thought RK coached at Hernando

Comment

he does double duty

Comment

he does double duty
        Are there two clubs playing out of Plant City and sharing the fields?

Comment

really...that's why Celtic has been named in the last few post?

Give it up already, I told you before....your run is over!
          Ask for the travel and tournament expectations.

Comment

Ask who is going to be the coach! Our club keeps it a secret until the day of tryouts
            There are no clubs really in Florida. Just coaches working under the umbrella of a name. Make sure you find a coach who has a proven track record of developing players to play good soccer. ( yes- that means winning as well, it goes hand in hand with development) someone who relates well to the players, makes training intense, competitive and enjoyable. Someone who knows how to manage the players in the game situation tactically. Someone that has played at a higher level and is licensed. ( preferably with at least a USSF B/A or a UEFA license). It shows they have put the effort into educating themselves. Far too many pretenders in this state who are simply taking our money and not actually giving us what we paid for. The club name isn't really that important. Seek out the coach first, club second.

Comment

Ask for the travel and tournament expectations.
              This is actually great advice. Usually, this discussion does not occur until after you pay. You could be signing up for a big tournament/coach expense budget, and never knew it. Great point.

Comment

Do Your HomeWork

There are no clubs really in Florida. Just coaches working under the umbrella of a name. Make sure you find a coach who has a proven track record of developing players to play good soccer. ( yes- that means winning as well, it goes hand in hand with development) someone who relates well to the players, makes training intense, competitive and enjoyable. Someone who knows how to manage the players in the game situation tactically. Someone that has played at a higher level and is licensed. ( preferably with at least a USSF B/A or a UEFA license). It shows they have put the effort into educating themselves. Far too many pretenders in this state who are simply taking our money and not actually giving us what we paid for. The club name isn't really that important. Seek out the coach first, club second.

Agree with the above comments.
                BE Aware: License Level ALONE does NOT mean Qualified, Do your Homework!

Comment

My confidence has been restored in TS! Great post and information.

Comment

That the Club President's daughter plays for a different club.

Comment

Agree with the above comments.
                      BE Aware: License Level ALONE does NOT mean Qualified, Do your Homework!
                      Also, REPUTATION doesn't mean qualified either! Do your homework, try to talk to parents with kids on that team already. See if the reputation is warranted or not!

Comment

Also, REPUTATION doesn't mean qualified either! Do your homework, try to talk to parents with kids on that team already. See if the reputation is warranted or not!
                        Ok, these posts are making too much sense.....moderator please help!!! We can't tolerate people that are actually thinking on this site.

Comment

I coach. I never played at a higher level. Over the last few years, my team has played against many coaches who did play at a higher level. And every year, we continue to improve relative to our competition. We used to lose to them most of the time, and now beat them consistently. Same group of kids. I'm so tired of the idea that someone is a better coach just because they played soccer at a high level. It has more to do with how well you can teach and inspire kids to learn. Look for the coach who retains the same kids and his team improves relative to others.

Comment

I coach. I never played at a higher level. Over the last few years, my team has played against many coaches who did play at a higher level. And every year, we continue to improve relative to our competition. We used to lose to them most of the time, and now beat them consistently. Same group of kids. I'm so tired of the idea that someone is a better coach just because they played soccer at a high level. It has more to do with how well you can teach and inspire kids to learn. Look for the coach who retains the same kids and his team improves relative to others.
                            Thank you coach Lott. How did your boys team do today in Florida Cup?

Comment

FCPC is having try outs at the end of May, check out FCPC website. Maybe a good year this year if they can get rid of SR, GP is a great trainer, but they will never be a top notch club, unless they get rid of SR, and get the control of everything out of his hands.
                              GP Great Trainer? Lazy as h***. Sup** club pays him to coach his own kids.
                              Only trainer that shows up in spandex shorts and no training equipment. Have to use garbage cans and benches to train. Many years of taking advantage of Plant City's Poor community with mayor as side kick.

Comment

FCPC is having try outs at the end of May, check out FCPC website. Maybe a good year this year if they can get rid of SR, GP is a great trainer, but they will never be a top notch club, unless they get rid of SR, and get the control of everything out of his hands.
                                Do not fall for snake oil sale pitches. My son's whole team is done with this club. Paid competitive fees to play friendlies. We were lied,lied,lied to.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X