Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks to the people that honestly answered an honest question.
    Kind of refreshing Huh?

Comment

Just play the game and be happy

Comment

Thanks for this post. Glad to still be able to read something intelligent on TS - especially with the two TB v BU idiots harping at each other.

I have a question: as a parent considering the BU current U14G for next year, are your comments reflective of that group as well? Does that team only find out on Fri night if they will be playing on the weekend? Is this a systemic club-wide thing or only certain age groups?

Again, I care specifically about this year's U14G team but club culture is important as well. Hope I get some reasoned responses. thx
        The best thing to do is check out each club however on BU website it has a club philosophy page. Here is a direct quote from there. If anybody tells you that you are on a roster and it does not change just read their webpage (here is an excerpt of both the rostering and playing time issue). The point is your child can go from first team to second in a blink, and they are very clear about it. They DO tell kids on Friday night that they will not be playing that weekend and playing time in any game is absolutely not guaranteed.

Those excerpts mean exactly what they sound like...If we find somebody better your kid not playing and no longer even on the roster...and that is exactly what happens since they regularly they add guest players to rosters and remove others, even doing it the week before State Cup.

Our Approach to Competitive Player Development:

We do not believe that players should be placed on a “static” team roster for one year at a time, as is the case with most youth clubs in the United States. We feel that players develop at varying rates, sometimes unevenly, and often unpredictably. Therefore, our players are NEVER simply assigned to a fixed team, but instead may be moved from group to group based on how fast they develop and how their growth compares to other club members at any particular time during the year.

Our goal of developing individual high-level players is not dependent on playing in EVERY game, but rather on playing in MANY games. Although each player will get to play in most games, playing time is NOT guaranteed in every game. The coaching staff is nstructed to manage the playing time of each player over the course of the entire program year.

Comment

The best thing to do is check out each club however on BU website it has a club philosophy page. Here is a direct quote from there. If anybody tells you that you are on a roster and it does not change just read their webpage (here is an excerpt of both the rostering and playing time issue). The point is your child can go from first team to second in a blink, and they are very clear about it. They DO tell kids on Friday night that they will not be playing that weekend and playing time in any game is absolutely not guaranteed.

Those excerpts mean exactly what they sound like...If we find somebody better your kid not playing and no longer even on the roster...and that is exactly what happens since they regularly they add guest players to rosters and remove others, even doing it the week before State Cup.

Our Approach to Competitive Player Development:

We do not believe that players should be placed on a “static” team roster for one year at a time, as is the case with most youth clubs in the United States. We feel that players develop at varying rates, sometimes unevenly, and often unpredictably. Therefore, our players are NEVER simply assigned to a fixed team, but instead may be moved from group to group based on how fast they develop and how their growth compares to other club members at any particular time during the year.

Our goal of developing individual high-level players is not dependent on playing in EVERY game, but rather on playing in MANY games. Although each player will get to play in most games, playing time is NOT guaranteed in every game. The coaching staff is nstructed to manage the playing time of each player over the course of the entire program year.
          I don't care if you believe me or not, but I have two kids at BU. Younger ages all train together during the week with the same coaches and same coaching plan for the week. Again they might move a few fringe players around that are at the top or bottom of the roster but everyone plays during the weekend. With the older teams the core 14-15 kids are on a team. Fringe players might. It make a roster or team but that is because they are not GOOD enough. Never has anyone found out if they are in a roster or not playing on a Friday night, usually by Tuesday you know.

With the younger kids who cares about what team or if they are winning as long as they get great training and coaching and the opportunity to play. Regarding the older teams this is competitive travel soccer only the best players get out on the roster only the best players on the roster get to play. If that is not a situation that you want or can handle then you absolutely should find another club that is better for you and yor kid.

Comment

I don't care if you believe me or not, but I have two kids at BU. Younger ages all train together during the week with the same coaches and same coaching plan for the week. Again they might move a few fringe players around that are at the top or bottom of the roster but everyone plays during the weekend. With the older teams the core 14-15 kids are on a team. Fringe players might. It make a roster or team but that is because they are not GOOD enough. Never has anyone found out if they are in a roster or not playing on a Friday night, usually by Tuesday you know.

With the younger kids who cares about what team or if they are winning as long as they get great training and coaching and the opportunity to play. Regarding the older teams this is competitive travel soccer only the best players get out on the roster only the best players on the roster get to play. If that is not a situation that you want or can handle then you absolutely should find another club that is better for you and yor kid.
            With the exception of your U-18 team, none of your older teams have been competitive. Some of the age groups have no teams because they fell apart. My son was on the U-16 team last year that was a disaster. We all left and the club could not even field a team this year at U-17. I saw it myself. Can you honestly say it is organized and structured there? There is a complete shortage of field space and quality of the fields are very poor. Just because they were granted academy will not change anything. Name one of your boys teams that was a stronger team in the state this year. All you have there is that you can now say your academy. I was there so I can speak the truth.

Comment

Well said, thank you. I'm just concerned about 1 or 2 parents from TB that come on here and boost up the girls side with non factual statements. They answer by putting down BU. Their U16 team didn't deserve to be in State Cup in my opinion, then they squeezed by with a 0-0 tie to a very weak team. Thier U17 team is a good team but also played OCYS ranked 62 and Bayside ranked 51. The real deal is the round of 16 all very solid teams with the exception of a few. Come on here and brag when your U16 team beats oone of the top teams. When that happens I will be the first one to tell you great job.
              I guess it's over for TB U16, they have Sunrise in Round 16

Comment

Come on you can do better then that. We all know that sounds like an excuse. I will give you a pass this time. However let me share this with you and with that TB parent that thinks along those lines. I know nothing about Celtic, I have seen them play. I won't make a comment about that. However I will share this from the Celtic thread. This is the team TB tied today 0-0

Good Morning Fellow Celtic Daddy Coaches.........Look for an announcement soon in regards to summer training for all of the Celtic Daddy Coaches......after the struggles of our club on the pitch this season,,,,PW is hard at work revamping the Celtic Boot and Scoot attack, we will be implementing a new version of the Boot and Scoot next year....so all daddy coaches will be required to attend the Boot and Scoot Revision training this summer... Thanks to Sav-A-Lot for donating the ground beef and buns for Daddy Coach Tonners Cheeseburger cook off this coming Saturday.....tell your family and friends about the cookoff......we need the cash.

Ouch........

Comment

With the exception of your U-18 team, none of your older teams have been competitive. Some of the age groups have no teams because they fell apart. My son was on the U-16 team last year that was a disaster. We all left and the club could not even field a team this year at U-17. I saw it myself. Can you honestly say it is organized and structured there? There is a complete shortage of field space and quality of the fields are very poor. Just because they were granted academy will not change anything. Name one of your boys teams that was a stronger team in the state this year. All you have there is that you can now say your academy. I was there so I can speak the truth.
                  My experience is/has only been on the girls side, where all teams are competitive and some are very good. I am sure some the of the girls at the end of the roster are upset if they do not travel with the team or do not play as much, but again, especially in the older ages, this is competitive travel soccer, with teams playing FPL and Regoin 3 and attending showcase tournaments, only the best girls will play.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                    you are talking about one team when 10 team boca teams made it and only 5 boca united teams. Many of those 10 teams finished first in their bracket. By the way, that team you are speaking about made the round of 16 as well. The boca united u-16 girls team also got lucky to survive and finished 2nd in their bracket. Please don't try to compare the two clubs because everyone knows boca united is way behind in number of strong teams. Please also check your state rankings which will prove my point.
                    blah blah blah

Comment

im on the fence when it comes to BD, BUT in the spirit of "fairness" I don't think Mourinho or Wenger played much either!!!!!! In fact I think BD got more girls onto college teams than either of them:)
                      Really, your on the fence when it comes to BD? Isn't he the one behind the scenes getting your girls looked at? Isn't he the one that will get your daughters into D3 Boston schools. Are you saying that if we do our own hard work, make contact with D3 coaches, which by the way isn't hard because they can actually talk to you. Then tell us why we still need him around?

Comment

Ok rainbow DAD, Just make sure you only book 1 night Hotel.. In fact you should do the right thing and tell the parents to vote about going to Auburndale. Is BD going to have all his D1 college coaches at the game? Now remember when FSU is there to see Sunrise play. That doesn't mean they came to watch you too. I don't want to see that Monday morining you making excuses about the game nor do I want you hear you tell everyone that college coaches were at the game. I' expecting you to do the right thing. Tryouts are right around the corner and we don't want to dilute the waters.
                        Big day tomorrow TB

Comment

Big day tomorrow TB
                          Why is tomorrow a big day?

Comment

Big day tomorrow TB
                            They play Sunday Yuck-Mouth

Comment

How dose team boca do it every year they build great teams , year after year .....

Comment

If these guys really cared about the development of the kids they would do this. It makes sense on so many levels. The club would be large enough to put multiple teams in tournaments. The D2/D3 kids would get the exposure they need while elite teams could also be entered and provide club name recognition for the other teams. So come on EE/MC and BD/MA! Make it happen!
                                I don't think there is any possible chance at all for either TB or BU to get an ECNL team and neither should if the league bases it on team results. But TB clearly has a much better history of getting their players recruited and its not just D3 schools like people have stated on here. If you go to their website you'll see many kids recruited to top schools. But I don't think ECNL really cares about that based on the clubs they have already. They are looking for top teams and neither BU or TB has that right now. But there's no question if both Boca clubs merged somehow that could be a different story. Instead of bashing both clubs on here how about a plea to them to put their egos aside (BD & EE) and make it happen. Between EE's technical knowledge and BD's business and college recruiting program & connections these two clubs could be a powerhouse. Let's also not forget that BU's fields are horrible and TB's are about as good as it gets. There's no way that BU could ever get an ECNL just because of their parks. No teams ever want to go there and play and that's a fact. You also take the best coaches at BU and put them together with the best coaches at TB (who are all college coaches) and you have one heck of a staff, probably the best in Fl. BD is a successful businessman who has years of history and connections with college coaches. EE is a technician and more the technical side so it seems like it's a perfect match for a great club together. I don't know BD too well and know EE better but to me it's a great match. Can they put their egos aside and make this happen?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X