Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    start with massive reduction in unneeded expensive travel. That is the low hanging fruit. It is not important to developing youth soccer talent.
    Pay no attention to this guy, he is obviously angry at the guy who owns Anthony Travel, not everyone is poor like you, loser.

Comment

ummmm...hello.........play the competition that is close rather then far away. anyone playing these leagues has experienced the frustration of driving right past half a dozen good teams in order to play against the one that is in the same league. So silly.
      What if we found the competition nearby sucky, and wanted/needed to find another avenue? What if we were looking to try to get college exposure, and there wasn't anything "nearby"?

Comment

Pay no attention to this guy, he is obviously angry at the guy who owns Anthony Travel, not everyone is poor like you, loser.
        A lot of talented players are, you big winner you. Your little superstar is competing in a nice , safe little pond made for her or him by Anthony travel among the others.

Comment

A lot of talented players are, you big winner you. Your little superstar is competing in a nice , safe little pond made for her or him by Anthony travel among the others.
          Why aren't you starting a club with minimal costs where everyone can play each other and improve and get quality coaching and opportunities nearby so everyone can join? I would in a heartbeat.

Also, while you are at it, can you do the same for hockey, skiing, piano, etc.?

Comment

Why aren't you starting a club with minimal costs where everyone can play each other and improve and get quality coaching and opportunities nearby so everyone can join? I would in a heartbeat.

Also, while you are at it, can you do the same for hockey, skiing, piano, etc.?
            because too many parents all have a "top" player. The more leagues we have, the more "top players" we have. I would love all the fish in the same pond. But I have a thick skin and can easily tolerate if there is bigger fish in the pond then my player. There are so many thin skinned snow-flakes out there that all have to have the greatest player. Haven't we all met them? We need lots of "top" leagues for all our "top" players lol.

Comment

because too many parents all have a "top" player. The more leagues we have, the more "top players" we have. I would love all the fish in the same pond. But I have a thick skin and can easily tolerate if there is bigger fish in the pond then my player. There are so many thin skinned snow-flakes out there that all have to have the greatest player. Haven't we all met them? We need lots of "top" leagues for all our "top" players lol.
              If you offer the same competition, training, facilities, exposure and league structure for pennies on the dollar I'll sign up this afternoon.

Comment

My daughter is ranked in the top 5 at her position in NYS, how about your kid??

Comment

Oh brother - I rest my case. there are "top" ranked leagues galore for all out "top" ranked players and lots of money to be made from them.

Pay to play youth soccer in a free market gives us what we have. It rewards as many "top" affluent players as it can find and could give a rats ass about any "top" not affluent players. Enjoy!

Comment

The most important thing every child should hear is “No”

Comment

The most important thing every child should hear is “No”
                      Remember when tryouts used to mean something? Now parents can find their kid a spot on multiple "top" teams. The soccer pyramid is anything but a pyramid

Comment

Oh brother - I rest my case. there are "top" ranked leagues galore for all out "top" ranked players and lots of money to be made from them.

Pay to play youth soccer in a free market gives us what we have. It rewards as many "top" affluent players as it can find and could give a rats ass about any "top" not affluent players. Enjoy!
                        So my kid has both covered, affluent and talented, not to mention gorgeous...

Comment

Where do they rank players by position? Is this really a thing for girls soccer?

Comment

Remember when tryouts used to mean something? Now parents can find their kid a spot on multiple "top" teams. The soccer pyramid is anything but a pyramid
                            The pyramid is upside down.
                            Rec leagues at bottom with a few poor kids
                            “Elite” leagues at top with tons of rich kids
                            Disposable income = Elite

Comment

So my kid has both covered, affluent and talented, not to mention gorgeous...
                              No one is saying the kids are not talented. But the pond is small by design. Out kids swim in it and there is no big pond for them to really test their mettle.

Comment

The pyramid is upside down.
                                Rec leagues at bottom with a few poor kids
                                “Elite” leagues at top with tons of rich kids
                                Disposable income = Elite
                                It's a pyramid but based on bank account as much as soccer talent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X