Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Absolutely silent and cutthroat. Boys and girls. And it's absurd because many players aren't very good and the parents foolishly think 1)DA is the greatest (it isn't) and 2) their kid will get a great package to a top university. They've no idea how low on the totem pole most local players and clubs are vs the national scene
    A daily blog on this site by you is needed for than ever to educate these face saving Massachusetts dolts.

Comment

Absolutely silent and cutthroat. Boys and girls. And it's absurd because many players aren't very good and the parents foolishly think 1)DA is the greatest (it isn't) and 2) their kid will get a great package to a top university. They've no idea how low on the totem pole most local players and clubs are vs the national scene
      DA boys headed to:

Georgetown
      Stanford
      Harvard
      BC
      Providence

Comment

DA boys headed to:

Georgetown
        Stanford
        Harvard
        BC
        Providence
        GPS:

Brown
        Endicott
        Penn

NEFC:

Baboon
        Brandeis
        Connecticut College
        Clark
        Colgate
        Dartmouth

Comment

Most DA programs are free. Gps is the only club I know who have charged players to play Da.

Although I’m not surprised given the recent publicity about them.

Comment

Most DA programs are free. Gps is the only club I know who have charged players to play Da.

The USSDA was on to the GPS way far before ICE and NESJ. The stripped them of DA a couple of years ago.

Comment

GPS:

Brown
              Endicott
              Penn

NEFC:

Baboon
              Brandeis
              Connecticut College
              Clark
              Colgate
              Dartmouth

Yup. That’s it for NEFC and GPS commits. Eye roll.

Comment

Inly MLS clubs are free. All the rest are pay to play. Here that means the Revs are free, but their track record is lackluster.

Comment

Because the top colleges are just full of recruits from GPS and NEFC? And don’t forget about the MLS teams. They just can’t get enough GOS and NEFC player either. European pro teams? They only wish they could sign a few Massachusetts club soccer players. Eye roll.

Comment

Sorry I wasn’t more clear. Those are the recruited Massachusetts players from GPS. The rest are walk-on practice players.

Comment

How many also attended prep
                      I’ll wait..... most go Bolt and all GPS and some go Revs. They are all average to above average...

Comment

Thankfully, if your daughter is a strong player she can do both. Play HS and then "tryout" for the local DA team .... Boys can do it too. If she plays HS and doesn't make a DA team then you are better off any way. Quite honestly, DA in the Northeast is not good anyways. Unless your daughter is a strong player and her hs is absolutely terrible then perhaps you should consider a prep or private school instead. Nothing wrong with a local strong player trying to turn around a weak program. Kudos to the kid(s) that try .... And even more for those that succeed. Kids today would do well to learn about pride and how to play with it.
                        Oh, OK. We'll just send her to private school. Great idea. I had saved for college, but I guess I'll just spend in private school instead....

You got out of your way to say how weak DA is, then say "if the daughter doesn't make DA"...well, I guess we are talking about a pretty terrible player this is, no?

Comment

Is it worth my daughter missing out on her High School for DA?
                          Absolute!!! Because, after four years of college, employers ask the following questions:

1. Did you play soccer for an academy team?
                          2. Were you willing to sacrifice your school mates and town at the behest of your parents?
                          3. Did you travel all over the country playing mediocre soccer so that your parents could brag on TS?
                          4. Do you have experience blogging?

If the answer to these questions is a 'yes' then you go right to the top of 'the list'.

Comment

Absolute!!! Because, after four years of college, employers ask the following questions:

1. Did you play soccer for an academy team?
                            2. Were you willing to sacrifice your school mates and town at the behest of your parents?
                            3. Did you travel all over the country playing mediocre soccer so that your parents could brag on TS?
                            4. Do you have experience blogging?

If the answer to these questions is a 'yes' then you go right to the top of 'the list'.
                            I've hired dozens of people and never asked them anything about their HS days. That's usually reserved for mom and dad.

Now, if they played a college sport at a high-level, I was interested. I liked to hear about sacrificing, thriving in a team environment, living out of your comfort zones, and the abilities to be nurtured outside of a cocoon.

Comment

I've hired dozens of people and never asked them anything about their HS days. That's usually reserved for mom and dad.

Now, if they played a college sport at a high-level, I was interested. I liked to hear about sacrificing, thriving in a team environment, living out of your comfort zones, and the abilities to be nurtured outside of a cocoon.
                              For women's soccer you can still do that and not have to give up HS soccer. As a hiring manager you also know there's plenty of highly qualified non athletes who also regularly step out of their comfort zones and manage challenging schedules etc.

Comment

For women's soccer you can still do that and not have to give up HS soccer. As a hiring manager you also know there's plenty of highly qualified non athletes who also regularly step out of their comfort zones and manage challenging schedules etc.

Of course. But, I never look at someone's HS, so that reference was a useless data point.

I do have a preference for candidates who have worked in a team environment before and will prod for those examples. The higher the level, the higher the pressure, the more interested I am. It's a factor, but far from the only one. I'm just saying HS soccer doesn't generally factor unless it's an outlying story.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X