X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS a Positive Perspective

Hi
    My player is on a high level GPS team and has been for the last five years. We have been with other clubs and have had a much better experience with GPS then the other clubs in the region. I realize so much of this depends on the coaching and we have been very lucky to have very stable coaching over the years.

My other player with a different club had a terrible experience with the club and coaches in general.

I have no perspective on the legal issues but I can say my player has had a very positive experience with the club, gained a ton of experience, went to some great tournaments and will leverage it into a college program.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi
    My player is on a high level GPS team and has been for the last five years. We have been with other clubs and have had a much better experience with GPS then the other clubs in the region. I realize so much of this depends on the coaching and we have been very lucky to have very stable coaching over the years.

My other player with a different club had a terrible experience with the club and coaches in general.

I have no perspective on the legal issues but I can say my player has had a very positive experience with the club, gained a ton of experience, went to some great tournaments and will leverage it into a college program.
    You can play D3 with just high school soccer.

Comment

You can play D3 with just high school soccer.
      Not the OP...but...so?

Sounds like they had a good experience so why can't you just let it go?

Comment

There is no doubt that GPS have some good coaches and good teams. They will also likely survive this crisis, however, they will be diminished. There will be long lasting effects. I also believe the Bradley brothers will try to disrupt the marketplace. There will be opportunities for others.

Comment

Hi

Ditto for us. We've had a great experience. Every club has bad teams/coaches but we've been very lucky at GPS.

Comment

response

Hi
            I am not sure if my player will end up in the D3 or D1 but our player has options at both. I am new to this site the complete bashing of GPS is off the charts.

GPS has been positive for us and the other clubs not so much.

Comment

Hi

We did too! My son had a great experience and his former GPS coaches continue to support him even though he has moved onto bigger and better things. I would still recommend GPS to anyone looking for a club!

Comment

We did too! My son had a great experience and his former GPS coaches continue to support him even though he has moved onto bigger and better things. I would still recommend GPS to anyone looking for a club!
                I am happy some had a positive experience with GPS.

Many more did not have good experiences with them.

Here is the problem with all youth sports programs. It is a fine line to walk between providing a quality service for young athletes and preying upon their parents unrealistic ambition.

Two things made GPS’s behavior unacceptable. First, the use foreigner’s as “expert coaches” to sell their programs to under educated Americans. Second, was the scale of their greed to fleece the public. These practices made the GPS feel very predatory.

Of course it is not at all surprising that they have mistreated their employees and possibly broken laws to line their pockets because of unchecked greed.

Comment

That's Great. I also support slave labor and human trafficking.

Comment

response

again not commenting on the actual legal implications, just saying we have had a great experience, it might be because of the team our player is on but things have been great

obviously i dont support immigration abuses and financial abuse if true......just giving our perspective

Comment

again not commenting on the actual legal implications, just saying we have had a great experience, it might be because of the team our player is on but things have been great

obviously i dont support immigration abuses and financial abuse if true......just giving our perspective
                      You can have a decent soccer experience delivered by criminals and still realize there is a moral obligation to open your eyes to a bigger problem than just your children and their soccer needs. If you support an exploiter then you are in reality creating a greater opportunity for future exploiters, which may even result in you child or some other falling victim at some point.

Comment

I am happy some had a positive experience with GPS.

Many more did not have good experiences with them.

Here is the problem with all youth sports programs. It is a fine line to walk between providing a quality service for young athletes and preying upon their parents unrealistic ambition.

Two things made GPS’s behavior unacceptable. First, the use foreigner’s as “expert coaches” to sell their programs to under educated Americans. Second, was the scale of their greed to fleece the public. These practices made the GPS feel very predatory.

Of course it is not at all surprising that they have mistreated their employees and possibly broken laws to line their pockets because of unchecked greed.
                        Ok you are beating a dead horse over and over and over. We get it. But accept that fact that there are people who had or are still having a good experience at GPS. Move on to the next crusade now.

Comment

Adding to this thread. We haven't had any complaints as well. Positive thus far.

Comment

Ok you are beating a dead horse over and over and over. We get it. But accept that fact that there are people who had or are still having a good experience at GPS. Move on to the next crusade now.
                            Thanks MH

Comment

Good here too. We will see if any of this impacts us.

Adding to this thread. We haven't had any complaints as well. Positive thus far.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X