Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So not political then. People get butthurt about not getting picked early. Just go to College and excel. Your time will come
    Hahaha. I agree with the poster. For example, how many of those early picks are outta there at BC. Exactly the point.

Comment

Hahaha. Yes it is about polishing, refining, tweaking. I hope you are not a coach. You would suck.

Of course Mace improved at UCLA. That is the point. Take the diamond in the rough and find the gem. Cromwell was able to see that.
      It is much easier to improve when surrounded by talent.

If you have a player that isn't surrounded by it and still improving, which is even harder, pop them into an environment of like minded, they will be even better.

That is what they are not finding.
      You are an idiot. The NT job is top pick then when they are ready. Cromwells job is to pick players that will help her win over time. NTs make mistakes ALL the time but its so easy to criticize in hindsight. UCLA will win games with or without mace. Taking a risk on her for them is easy

Comment

You are an idiot. The NT job is top pick then when they are ready. Cromwells job is to pick players that will help her win over time. NTs make mistakes ALL the time but its so easy to criticize in hindsight. UCLA will win games with or without mace. Taking a risk on her for them is easy
        Why aren"t posters entitled to their opinions. Is that you Eliz Warren? Those who don't agree are idiots?

We are talking about diamonds in the rough. Balcer is another example NWSL rookie of the year. Did not play D1 or N CAA. Played NAIA.

NT's make mistakes. Everyone does. And some don't work out.

Thought all processes as far as player picks are to pick players that can help a team win.

UCLA certainly could have used Mace. Maybe game vs Stanford would not have been a bloodletting.

Comment

Why aren"t posters entitled to their opinions. Is that you Eliz Warren? Those who don't agree are idiots?

We are talking about diamonds in the rough. Balcer is another example NWSL rookie of the year. Did not play D1 or N CAA. Played NAIA.

NT's make mistakes. Everyone does. And some don't work out.

Thought all processes as far as player picks are to pick players that can help a team win.

UCLA certainly could have used Mace. Maybe game vs Stanford would not have been a bloodletting.
          Have whatever opinion you want. To judge on the basis of what players have become is stupidity. Maybe they became that BECAUSE of the path they took. The goal is to get ht e right players at NT level. Part of that is making mistakes at youth level and elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Have whatever opinion you want. To judge on the basis of what players have become is stupidity. Maybe they became that BECAUSE of the path they took. The goal is to get ht e right players at NT level. Part of that is making mistakes at youth level and elsewhere.
            That’s why you see local kids getting a call up at u14 and never again. It’s all fine. They didn’t progress the way anticipated, so the NT moved on.

Comment

Sure Balcer in NAIA became the player she is today. No she had it, current WNT head saw it and tweaked, developed, refined, etc. She was an unknown who wears headgear. And her first time on the field as a pro (not a reserve) scored a rocket on Harris (i was out there and we went to the game).

Of course part of the path is making mistakes. Didn't Ertz nearly cost them the game in first WC win vs Germany (one of the best games in US soccer history next to the Sinclair vs Rapinoe shoot out in Olympics and Brazil game same Olympics).
              That is who they are not choosing. The kids like Balcer not on the best teams but impactful.
              They only just released Carr and Snow despite terrible results vs quality teams. Not very quick to make changes or see through the fog.

Comment

That’s why you see local kids getting a call up at u14 and never again. It’s all fine. They didn’t progress the way anticipated, so the NT moved on.
                That was due to JD and being able to choose via the PDP picks. When you hold the cards, you get to stack the deck.

Comment

Maybe that is what they need NT reserves. Get some unknowns in the system and chart performances.
                  Canada certainly needs to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    That was due to JD and being able to choose via the PDP picks. When you hold the cards, you get to stack the deck.
                    I don’t know if that’s true because I know nothing about the guy. I do know that the ones I’m thinking of are affiliated with NEFC and Seacoast. I’m not saying you are wrong. I’m just saying it’s not what I know.

Comment

so wait...PL was not deserving of natty team looks? She seems to be doing just fine and had a great freshman year at a top program.

Comment

so wait...PL was not deserving of natty team looks? She seems to be doing just fine and had a great freshman year at a top program.
                        NT knows what it is looking for and the college game is largely not it. It really doesn’t matter if they had a good year at a top college program or not.

Comment

NT knows what it is looking for and the college game is largely not it. It really doesn’t matter if they had a good year at a top college program or not.
                          As a Stars parent that saw PL and MA play through the years there is no way you can honestly say they were not deserving of their Callup and time with the NT. Both consistently produced at that level for a long time. To try to take something away from them is shameful and petty. Both had great freshman years in power 5 conferences. A great freshman year doesn't mean you ARE a NT level player, but you would think a National player would do great in college, and they did. Did JD get them a shot kids from other clubs didn't get? Idk, but very likely. What matters is what they did with that, and they made the most of it.
                          I understand the frustration for people from other clubs and even other year classes of us at Stars. JD was an assistant coach for a U16 NT of 00s. He got call-ups for MANY kids on the 00 ECNL team. Many had us shaking our heads too. None of them stuck, and I'm sure JD knew they wouldn't, but he got all he could out of that gig. Can't fault him for that. That goes on all over the NT landscape from u14 to the full team. Carli Lloyd even mentioned it in her book at the full NT level. Even if the system WAS perfect, there would still be many very talented deserving players left out when rosters are only around 20.

Comment

As a Stars parent that saw PL and MA play through the years there is no way you can honestly say they were not deserving of their Callup and time with the NT. Both consistently produced at that level for a long time. To try to take something away from them is shameful and petty. Both had great freshman years in power 5 conferences. A great freshman year doesn't mean you ARE a NT level player, but you would think a National player would do great in college, and they did. Did JD get them a shot kids from other clubs didn't get? Idk, but very likely. What matters is what they did with that, and they made the most of it.
                            I understand the frustration for people from other clubs and even other year classes of us at Stars. JD was an assistant coach for a U16 NT of 00s. He got call-ups for MANY kids on the 00 ECNL team. Many had us shaking our heads too. None of them stuck, and I'm sure JD knew they wouldn't, but he got all he could out of that gig. Can't fault him for that. That goes on all over the NT landscape from u14 to the full team. Carli Lloyd even mentioned it in her book at the full NT level. Even if the system WAS perfect, there would still be many very talented deserving players left out when rosters are only around 20.
                            Not talking about any particular player or club; but at the end of the day the politics, especially at the YNT level, and TS posters confusing good college play with what top international pros do means nothing. England, Holland, France, Japan, etc. don’t give two craps about JD, Stars, or what a bunch of nutty soccer parents think. They just want to take out a US NT and every few years they get closer while we keep playing the old club/college game. That model gave us a leg up in the past, but probably won’t work in the future.

Comment

Thanks coach you ridiculously transparent human. Clap clap

Comment

Thanks coach you ridiculously transparent human. Clap clap
                                Says the man living in his mother's basement trolling soccer chatrooms to bash teenage girls. HEY MA, THE MEATLOAF!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X