Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ODP is a dinosaur program coached by dinosaur coaches.

Basically if your club coach coaches one of the age groups you are guaranteed a spot.

Look no further than Brandon McNeil offering spots on Region IV teams if those kids were to come to his club. It’s riddled with demons.
    This is a ridiculous statement. My son was “recruited” to United O4 from another club by players, not coaches. After the DA experiment, the best players wanted to play together. Darwinism meets soccer. Brandon was and is hands off RE recruiting. Any player actually playing for Brandon would confirm this. The idea that he would only offer Regional IV roster spots as a recruiting tool is not only dead wrong but demeans him, United and ODP. This message board has always been a platform for vitriol, ignorance and lies. Speak of which you know.

Comment

When are the ODP rosters for Regionals going to be announced?
      They’re out

Comment

This is a ridiculous statement. My son was “recruited” to United O4 from another club by players, not coaches. After the DA experiment, the best players wanted to play together. Darwinism meets soccer. Brandon was and is hands off RE recruiting. Any player actually playing for Brandon would confirm this. The idea that he would only offer Regional IV roster spots as a recruiting tool is not only dead wrong but demeans him, United and ODP. This message board has always been a platform for vitriol, ignorance and lies. Speak of which you know.
        Good for you Brandon. Well, maybe I should say good try Brandon. Player's do recruit, especially at U15 and above; however, so do you.

Comment

Good for you Brandon. Well, maybe I should say good try Brandon. Player's do recruit, especially at U15 and above; however, so do you.
          Was your son recruited by Brandon? Or is this conjecture? Rhetorical question.

Of course kids recruit (any sport/ activity). Starts on the playground when they’re 7 years old.

Comment

He was sending some of the players on the ODP team texts about banding together at Updx through their social media accounts.

Comment

He was sending some of the players on the ODP team texts about banding together at Updx through their social media accounts.
              He also offered Region IV spots if players came to his club.

Comment

So they are taking all the 07's who made the pool down to Phoenix? How is this an elite program?

Comment

So they are taking all the 07's who made the pool down to Phoenix? How is this an elite program?
                  I can’t speak to the 07s nor can I speak to your definition of elite. For the Portland market, United is the elite program, if the boys (and girls) aren’t playing ECNL or big DA. My son also played at TA. United is a much better experience. Just ask the 8 TA players now at United.

Comment

I can’t speak to the 07s nor can I speak to your definition of elite. For the Portland market, United is the elite program, if the boys (and girls) aren’t playing ECNL or big DA. My son also played at TA. United is a much better experience. Just ask the 8 TA players now at United.
                    I did is to Elite as Carl's jr. Is too fine dining. That 05 team I have all the TA castoffs, but they were cast off for a reason. Honestly, I saw all of them at tryouts if they went around trying to shop themselves as a group and they're just not that good. However, it was no surprise that United took them Lock Stock & Barrel. As United was desperately trying to recruit players from other clubs to come help their last place 05 team. Calling yourself Elite, does not Elite make

Comment

Well said but I have a question. Did your kid make region IV roster?

Comment

I can’t speak to the 07s nor can I speak to your definition of elite. For the Portland market, United is the elite program, if the boys (and girls) aren’t playing ECNL or big DA. My son also played at TA. United is a much better experience. Just ask the 8 players cut from TA who are now at United.
                        Fixed it for you.

Comment

"It demeans him"? Cry me a river. Like Pelosi said of Trump, BM demeans himself. He's a more media-savvy and politically astute MJ Tate, and one who seems to have abandoned all pretense that coaching matters. He wants to build a superteam, and he's gonna recruit like hell to get one--the old school coaches in town who don't know snapchat from a snapping turtle won't know what hit them.

Comment

Looks like they have 2 teams going, and I saw 7 westside kids off the bat. Unless they changed clubs?
                            It appears to be a "big" team and a "small" team, more than an A team and a B team, at least from what I can tell. (The one 05 who made the Region IV team from Oregon last year, for example, is on the B team--he's technically excellent but on the small side. Which didn't keep him from embarrassing anyone who tried to guard him during the training sessions, though he was injured midway through).

Which isn't to say the B team players are all better--in terms of technical skill, the groups appear to have parity. Given that, I would expect the A team to beat the B team head-to-head; with everything else being equal, the bigger, faster, stronger team would have the advantage.

Comment

"It demeans him"? Cry me a river. Like Pelosi said of Trump, BM demeans himself. He's a more media-savvy and politically astute MJ Tate, and one who seems to have abandoned all pretense that coaching matters. He wants to build a superteam, and he's gonna recruit like hell to get one--the old school coaches in town who don't know snapchat from a snapping turtle won't know what hit them.
                              So it seems BM is coaching in the 21st century and the snapping turtles are not keeping pace. This board is constantly disparaging Portland as a youth soccer backwater. BM is building a club that can compete nationally. He’s a good coach. United went 2-2 in the NL tournament last week, besting the number one team in the nation, if you believe GotSoccer. Two United O4B made the ODP national pool, neither were TA. Two out of 23 ain’t bad. Yeah, he was coaching at Interregionals too.

If you really think BM is using Phoenix to recruit players, that’s a serious accusation, you should take it up with PYSA instead of crying unfair on this board. Maybe that will free up a spot for your boy.

Comment

The program itself is meaningless. My daughter did it for four years. The first year the coach was outstanding and it was valuable. The next three years the coaching was not good at all. Pretty much a waste of time and money.

It all comes down to the coach.

My opinion is that a good personal trainer would be a better use of your time and money.
                                The name of the programs is highly deceiving. The experience for us was a complete waste of time. My kid complained that the coaches were half-hearted and didn't care. I went and watched a couple trainings and the level was about 5 notches below our club experience.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X