Which club?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They do play a ton of games (for better and worse). CC's first team plays cdl and npl so they double up.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Actually at u13 I don't mind if they don't play a ton of games and tournaments. This age group should be development and not showcase yet. I'm not sure why they are showcasing u13 teams in CDL.

Comment

Wow. CC is 100 points behind Premier in the junior standings. They have lost more games than they have won and are in 5th place. Celtic, having played almost 40% less games them them, is almost passing them and dropping them to 6th place. Looks like CC needs a lot of help to stay alive 5 years from now. Maybe they need to merge with WFF. Or get taken over by TBU or Premier.

Look at those standing. CC is behind premier in the senior standings and WAY behind premier and others in the junior standings. That does not look good for the future. TBU is not a factor in CDL, but the reality is because TBU puts their top teams in each age group in ECNL and they do not double play to CDL this year. So they are slotting teams a bit above their ability.

Comment

Look at those standing. CC is behind premier in the senior standings and WAY behind premier and others in the junior standings. That does not look good for the future. TBU is not a factor in CDL, but the reality is because TBU puts their top teams in each age group in ECNL and they do not double play to CDL this year. So they are slotting teams a bit above their ability.
        Hey, I agree with you as far as the Junior side. Definitely needs a lot of work and is actually embarrassing.

As far as the ECNL comment, CC does the same with the DA so it's a wash. But...they still dominate in the CDL. Just goes to show you the depth of the club at the senior level.

With that being said, if we can't get the Junior side turned around it won't be that way for long.

Comment

Wow. CC is 100 points behind Premier in the junior standings. They have lost more games than they have won and are in 5th place. Celtic, having played almost 40% less games them them, is almost passing them and dropping them to 6th place. Looks like CC needs a lot of help to stay alive 5 years from now. Maybe they need to merge with WFF. Or get taken over by TBU or Premier.
          Agree totally as far as the junior side as CC. But the comment about Celtic is laughable. Notice how they put most of their Junior teams in the B division to get wins when they should be in the A. Strictly does the same thing. That is the ONLY reason they look good and it's to keep the parents, who don't know any better, happy paying customers.

Comment

TBU does not play their DA or their ECNL boys teams in CDL. So....

Plus, let's be honest, the DA at both TBU and CC are recruited from around the whole area (as those programs should be). The Junior and Senior teams are mostly the home grown talent. CC's senior teams are still competitive, but by no means dominant. The Junior side shows that CC needs a shake up.

I did see that Celtic and Strictly try to get some wins by putting their "A" team in the second division.

Hey, I agree with you as far as the Junior side. Definitely needs a lot of work and is actually embarrassing.

As far as the ECNL comment, CC does the same with the DA so it's a wash. But...they still dominate in the CDL. Just goes to show you the depth of the club at the senior level.

With that being said, if we can't get the Junior side turned around it won't be that way for long.

Comment

CC is not going to spend any money on coaching boys or girls and have dropped off big time in the youth division. It’s been this way for years and they just don’t care. CC girls side is pretty much non-existence

Comment

"Dominate" on the CDL side? Just looked over the numbers. They are in second place overall on the senior side, which is good. They have a .1 average points earn per game lead on the overall first place club, Florida Premier, which is also good. But it looks like that is mostly earned in their second division boys teams which have a higher ppg than Florida Premier's second division boys teams. First division boys and the Girls side are dominated by Florida Premier. For girls, FP has a team in 1, 1, 1, 6 (from U15 through U18). CC has 3, 4, NA, and 7th. So that goes to FP. On the first division boys side it is FP 2, 1, 3 and 7 and CC has 4, 5, 2, 1. So, other than the U18s (a relic of past glories), that also goes to Premier. CC makes up some ground in Boys Div 2, but Florida Premier plays their 3rd and 4th teams in Div 2 CDL so that makes sense.

Can't really compare TBU since their first team (non-DA) plays ECNL and NPL and does not play in CDL anymore. I would think they might have the lead if they did, but their ECNL record isn't great so who knows.

Regardless, that shows CC is solid on the senior side, but by no means dominant. It also shows the trend is downward and they should seriously look to merge with WFF. WFF is middle of the road on both boys and girls, but they do have a large number of teams so it would undoubtedly help CC move back into non-DA relevance.

Comment

You don't necessarily have to spend much money on the youth side. But you do have to give actual attention. Some of the higher licensed, older coaches cost more but may not be engaged anymore. They could save money and actually use their directors to train home grown coaches (maybe some former players still in the area) who have a passion for the game and want to teach it. But they don't do that either. It's because for years they relied on their DA to recruit over new kids and they could sell other kids on their non-DA teams as being first in line for the DA down the road. Now, with TBU having a DA, kids can shop around instead of only having one option. CC is not used to competition and clearly weren't ready for it. So that's why they are losing ground and need a shake up immediately. What happens when the MLS teams pull out of the DA (or at least separate divisions) and CC is not playing second division DA? Now kids will have to think about whether DA is even as good as ECNL or just playing college showcases. The writing is on the wall for CC.

CC is not going to spend any money on coaching boys or girls and have dropped off big time in the youth division. It’s been this way for years and they just don’t care. CC girls side is pretty much non-existence

Comment

"Dominate" on the CDL side? Just looked over the numbers. They are in second place overall on the senior side, which is good. They have a .1 average points earn per game lead on the overall first place club, Florida Premier, which is also good. But it looks like that is mostly earned in their second division boys teams which have a higher ppg than Florida Premier's second division boys teams. First division boys and the Girls side are dominated by Florida Premier. For girls, FP has a team in 1, 1, 1, 6 (from U15 through U18). CC has 3, 4, NA, and 7th. So that goes to FP. On the first division boys side it is FP 2, 1, 3 and 7 and CC has 4, 5, 2, 1. So, other than the U18s (a relic of past glories), that also goes to Premier. CC makes up some ground in Boys Div 2, but Florida Premier plays their 3rd and 4th teams in Div 2 CDL so that makes sense.

Can't really compare TBU since their first team (non-DA) plays ECNL and NPL and does not play in CDL anymore. I would think they might have the lead if they did, but their ECNL record isn't great so who knows.

Regardless, that shows CC is solid on the senior side, but by no means dominant. It also shows the trend is downward and they should seriously look to merge with WFF. WFF is middle of the road on both boys and girls, but they do have a large number of teams so it would undoubtedly help CC move back into non-DA relevance.
                    Fair enough, maybe "dominate" was too much lol. Either way though, PM needs to shake up that Junior coaching group because as it stands now, not looking good at all.

Comment

The other problem is Pinellas county is aging. There are less kids there than pasco and hillsborough. They need better marketing to get more kids into soccer or to focus in lakewood ranch and tampa more.

Fair enough, maybe "dominate" was too much lol. Either way though, PM needs to shake up that Junior coaching group because as it stands now, not looking good at all.

Comment

So we went to the CDL showcase to see some teams in action. I can 100% state that my kid will definitely not play for Strictly. Most of their players had no skills just kickballed the whole time. They play the 90's Italian style ugly bunker soccer... no ball possession just defend then kick the ball forward and hope for the single striker to get lucky and make it. We also watched their u14 in the final. The coach literally cussed out his players because they were losing 4-0.

In u13 CC won the showcase in the A bracket and an 08 WFF team won the B bracket. But parents told me that the 08 WFF team had 8 guest players … 5 from Largo United and 3 from Tarpon Springs Liverpool.

So in a way both the teams we are looking at were represented LOL

Comment

WFF 08 has a few very talented boys that I expect will move on next year from WFF to either the DA or Florida Premier. Good male players do not stay at East Lake. I haven't seen the Largo 07s before.

So we went to the CDL showcase to see some teams in action. I can 100% state that my kid will definitely not play for Strictly. Most of their players had no skills just kickballed the whole time. They play the 90's Italian style ugly bunker soccer... no ball possession just defend then kick the ball forward and hope for the single striker to get lucky and make it. We also watched their u14 in the final. The coach literally cussed out his players because they were losing 4-0.

In u13 CC won the showcase in the A bracket and an 08 WFF team won the B bracket. But parents told me that the 08 WFF team had 8 guest players … 5 from Largo United and 3 from Tarpon Springs Liverpool.

So in a way both the teams we are looking at were represented LOL

Comment

Is Florida Premier really worth the drive? Tell me more about it … why is it better than the local clubs?

Thanks

Comment

tough question, because it depends on the drive and how serious you and your son are about soccer. They don't have a DA, but some of the younger teams are competitive with the local DA teams. Like anywhere else, some coaches are better than others, but what I can say is we left for a year to go to a higher league at TBU and just didn't like the feel compared with what we left. Maybe it was being an outsider vs. knowing kids/families for years, but the atmosphere wasn't as fun for us and the soccer level was no better so we returned and are happy. It's a personal decision of course, but what I can say is that the soccer level is up there with TBU, but it just felt more comfortable. That may not be the case with you and your son, but you might as well check it out.

Is Florida Premier really worth the drive? Tell me more about it … why is it better than the local clubs?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks
                                Hard to explain. We have been a lot happier than at TBU as well. Younger groups will be stronger than older groups and they know that and are paying more attention and giving them better coaching at that age than some of the surrounding clubs (just my opinion I guess).

Best advice from a premier parent, just go to a practice or two. Make a phone call and see what field/coach you need to go to. Club is usually pretty open to a kid hitting a training or two (this is how we ended up there), you will get a better feel for parents/coaches/club that way. Also a good dry run for finding out if the drive is worth it, you may find that after traversing 54 at rush hour your little one needs to find a new sport lol.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X