Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not true .....prep school kids can do both.
    ask yourself this question: if they choose 18 prep kids, how will they play in the fall?

Comment

ask yourself this question: if they choose 18 prep kids, how will they play in the fall?
      It's a mess, trust me.

Comment

They only play 3 or 4 games total I. This time to avoid the situation and make them up later .... For those few games, you take the stuffs skipping high school and play up your top 8th graders a year or two to limp through. It's not that hard. Go look at the score sheets for most new England GDA teams in September and October and then compare the starters in April and May.

Comment

They only play 3 or 4 games total I. This time to avoid the situation and make them up later .... For those few games, you take the stuffs skipping high school and play up your top 8th graders a year or two to limp through. It's not that hard. Go look at the score sheets for most new England GDA teams in September and October and then compare the starters in April and May.
          Some discrepencies in your post. In the Northeast, depending on the age group, they played anywhere from 6-8 or upwards of 12 at the U15.

Pushing all the games in the Spring results in fixture congestion which they want to avoid having to always playing two games on a weekend.

Comment

Some discrepencies in your post. In the Northeast, depending on the age group, they played anywhere from 6-8 or upwards of 12 at the U15.

Pushing all the games in the Spring results in fixture congestion which they want to avoid having to always playing two games on a weekend.
            I agree, but do prep schools in your area start in 6th grade? Now look at the U15 and up rosters and standings.

Comment

I agree, but do prep schools in your area start in 6th grade? Now look at the U15 and up rosters and standings.
              I did.

U15's: 3 teams played 9 games, 3 teams played 10 games, 2 teams played 11 games
              U16's: 1 team played 6 games, 3 teams played 7 games, 2 teams played 8 games (one forfeited them all for trying to pay HS and DA at the same time)
              U17's: 1 team played 7 game, 2 played 8, and 3 played 9
              U18/19's: 2 played 6, 1 played 7, 2 played 8

Comment

I did.

U15's: 3 teams played 9 games, 3 teams played 10 games, 2 teams played 11 games
                U16's: 1 team played 6 games, 3 teams played 7 games, 2 teams played 8 games (one forfeited them all for trying to pay HS and DA at the same time)
                U17's: 1 team played 7 game, 2 played 8, and 3 played 9
                U18/19's: 2 played 6, 1 played 7, 2 played 8
                Really? SSS 16s played 4 games before Nov and Seacoast played 3 at that age group. I am not looking any farther. If GDA teams want to rig the schedule it is very easy to. Giving up HS for 3 or 4 games to be replaced after November 1st is just assinine for so many delusional parents and kids who think they are going D1 on a full boat, yet they can't make their HS varsity teams until junior year. This madness must stop.

Comment

Really? SSS 16s played 4 games before Nov and Seacoast played 3 at that age group. I am not looking any farther. If GDA teams want to rig the schedule it is very easy to. Giving up HS for 3 or 4 games to be replaced after November 1st is just assinine for so many delusional parents and kids who think they are going D1 on a full boat, yet they can't make their HS varsity teams until junior year. This madness must stop.
                  So, your statement that they play 3-4 games in the fall is false, correct?

Comment

I don't necessarily disagree with what you are proposing, and I anticipate it gravitating toward that eventually. You just made a statement that they play 3-4 teams in the fall, which was false. No reason to get all bound up about it.

Now, not sure why you then turned it into yet another anti-DA rant.... Don't want to play? Don't, problem solved. Move along.

Comment

I don't necessarily disagree with what you are proposing, and I anticipate it gravitating toward that eventually. You just made a statement that they play 3-4 teams in the fall, which was false. No reason to get all bound up about it.

Now, not sure why you then turned it into yet another anti-DA rant.... Don't want to play? Don't, problem solved. Move along.
                      Then don't come here and say the stars and scorpions take nefc's rejects as they will never reject anyone. It is business driven more than never and they are basically GPS with lipsticks because they wear red.

Comment

Can we get back to bashing on RI PLEASE! Focus people!!

Comment

Then don't come here and say the stars and scorpions take nefc's rejects as they will never reject anyone. It is business driven more than never and they are basically GPS with lipsticks because they wear red.
                          I didn’t say such a thing. You do realize more than one person posts on here correct?

I just called out the misinformation

Comment

Yeah, no. NEFC DA is full of players developed from other clubs. Few make it from Ulittle to DA all at NEFC. Much more likely to be placed on a certain level team at a younger age and left there, regardless of ability or development.
                            Substitute Stars for NEFC and ECNL for DA and it's the same story all over the state.

Comment

Started club soccer at NEFC on a regional B team. D outgrew that team, but didn’t get promoted to the A team. Due to an acquisition, a new A team was created made up of players from the acquired club, pushing everyone but a few down to B/C teams. When she still wasn’t promoted, we switched regions and immediately made an A team for the new region.

Unfortunately, when it came time to field an NPL team, it was mostly political with old region A team getting many slots. We left for another club’s NPL team. Was there for 2 years, then moved up to ECNL. Bottom line, D would still be on the low level regional B team, essentially a 4th team for the club, if we hadn’t made the decision to pursue higher level soccer elsewhere because we didn’t agree at all with the club’s assessment. The kids who were ID’d and pushed up at 10 or 11 are mostly playing a lower level than my kid now.

This isn’t about an imperfect selection process, rather completely rigged. ID and tryout sessions where the 99% of the team was already offered spots based on coach recommendations and such. Coaches never even bothered to watch the ID sessions... kept their already picked team separate and just watched them play.

Pretty bad experience really. The coaches we thought were great and made any impact onmy D are all gone now. I tell everyone I know to stay away... go to Stars or Scorpions or SSS.
                              This totally sounds like NEFC. They charge all players the same price , yet do not give the same level and priority in training opportunities. They are not concerned about developing their own players. They take the easier route of bringing on players that were developed elsewhere. If you are not on what they consider their “top” teams, you are just paying freight there. Many players have left for better opportunities elsewhere.

Comment

This totally sounds like NEFC. They charge all players the same price , yet do not give the same level and priority in training opportunities. They are not concerned about developing their own players. They take the easier route of bringing on players that were developed elsewhere. If you are not on what they consider their “top” teams, you are just paying freight there. Many players have left for better opportunities elsewhere.

C'mon...that's not unique to NEFC (and I can't stand NEFC).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X