Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicked Off Club Team

My player was kicked off her club team for going to a mandatory school event instead of a non-league game.

Is this alllowed? We are paid in full. Can they kick a player off on a pay to play team? Can we get a refund and go to a new club?

Sound like you will need to get the rest of the team to stand up to the club and change the policy to accommodate mandatory school events. It would be unlikely they would kick out an entire team.

Has the same thing happened to other players that had such a conflict?

Comment

Ridiculous. Sometimes players have to miss - for school or family emergency. We were with a team pressuring their inly GK to skip a family wedding. You can't get those events back. Of course clubs don't want players missing regularly, but they have to be willing to bend now and then for the right reasons

If they won't take your kid back or refund the pro rated $amount left for the year, feel free to take them to small claims court.

Comment

What club and what team?
        Shame the club into taking action !

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          My player was kicked off her club team for going to a mandatory school event instead of a non-league game.

Is this alllowed? We are paid in full. Can they kick a player off on a pay to play team? Can we get a refund and go to a new club?
          I don’t think is allowed. Usually they bench player more often or demote them. Did you posted something negative about the club here? Because some club staff have a habit of reading and identifying parents to block VPN’s and kick players of the club.

Comment

Wait , what?

Comment

They do, get Betternet app

Comment

Retaliation is ilegal. But doubt FYSA or US Soccer or any organization involved will do anything. They have a history of ignoring parents reports and ruling in favor of the clubs.

Comment

They kicked kid off team cause she missed a game? Nah beeS , u less the club was looking for a reason cause of crazy parents or prior nuttiness , this didn’t happen

Comment

They kicked kid off team cause she missed a game? Nah beeS , u less the club was looking for a reason cause of crazy parents or prior nuttiness , this didn’t happen
                    Contractually you can't kick players off of most any club, but yes they can make life miserable for families to insure they don't ever come back or even leave early. The go to move is no PT. The exceptions are DA contracts which have very specific rules for expulsion, but not for missing a DA game for a school event. Other clubs intentionally make contracts very vague. If there's anything in them about commitment it's usually something like "will make the team their first priority..." Take the club to small claims court and good luck to them telling a judge why they kicked the kid off. The OP should tell the other families what happened too. It's not a good PR look for the club.

Comment

Oh, I assure you, this happened. Our coach has been on a roll telling kids they are off the team. Five players have been asked to leave including my own. Prior to this, we had considered reporting the coach for bad behavior including cursing and insulting the players, coming late to games and telling the players he hated them. No coaching, just yelling and insults.

None of the parents were on our side. They all believe like cult members that he will help them get into college so they take the abuse.

Also, we didn’t want to report the coach for fear of retaliation.

Comment

Oh, I assure you, this happened. Our coach has been on a roll telling kids they are off the team. Five players have been asked to leave including my own. Prior to this, we had considered reporting the coach for bad behavior including cursing and insulting the players, coming late to games and telling the players he hated them. No coaching, just yelling and insults.

None of the parents were on our side. They all believe like cult members that he will help them get into college so they take the abuse.

Very strange. Most clubs need the money and can't afford to be kicking players off for random reasons.

Comment

Very strange. Most clubs need the money and can't afford to be kicking players off for random reasons.
                          They can afford it by refusing to return your money.

Thread op: you've got the other kicked out families on your side. Go ahead and sue for your money and make it public. The club can't hurt you (your kid is off the team) and there's other clubs that will take your check.

Comment

Retaliation is real, happened to me also. Kicked out because I asked for safety and counseling after the hazing rape. Media is your only option. They fear bad press. All of the organizations that regulates them, ignore parents. Send an email to club and include a media outlet (not Miami Herald, they stay quiet about clubs)
                            Search names of reporters that previously reported controversial issues.

Comment

More than likely, your player was kick off because of other issues. All clubs are understanding of school events and will not kick player off the team. If you would like to take legal action, #law that all. Morgan and Morgan for the people.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X