The Girls 2007 Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was actually a great way to kill a half hour in the airport flying back from February vacation. I’m glad I am keeping everyone entertained. Carry on with the negativity.

Comment

"Gee, I'm sitting in an airport, time to obsess over other kids."

Nope, not creepy at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        "Gee, I'm sitting in an airport, time to obsess over other kids."

Nope, not creepy at all.
        By all means, stop reading and move along.

Comment

By all means, stop reading and move along.
          Nah, I love the game to much to sit aside while the results-oriented crew continue to ruin the game.

Comment

Nah, I love the game to much to sit aside while the results-oriented crew continue to ruin the game.
            Ah, the 'ME' generation who put the 'i' in teiam.

Comment

Ah, the 'ME' generation who put the 'i' in teiam.
              Ah, the "let's grow the game and not worry about posting kid's results in the ever-ending pursuit of FB likes" generation.

Comment

Ah, the "let's grow the game and not worry about posting kid's results in the ever-ending pursuit of FB likes" generation.
                Not me, I am all for allowing all of the decision making freedom any kid could have .... And coaching the right way to play. Kids should play however they want but when their decision making is consistently questionable, they should be corrected a few times and then benched. This never happens because coaches are too worried about results and they let the selfish kids ruin the game and the team because they think they can't do any better with the rest of the team. I assure you if players were corrected at you g ages, our game would improve across the board quickly. Can't stand watching kids take 15 touches over 10 yards allowing the defense to recover and not hit the wide open winger 20 yards away who is screaming for the ball. Or all of the little moths collecting I. The middle of the field to stay close to the ball so maybe they can get a touch rather than getting their lazy *****es out to the touchline and facing the field to be ready to receive a ball .... Rather than chase it out of bounds because they are never in the right place in a timely fashion..... Soccer here is just too reactive and it makes it not fun to watch.

Comment

Yes, I’m sure you will fix that problem by commenting on the Girls 2007 Thread.

Comment

Not me, I am all for allowing all of the decision making freedom any kid could have .... And coaching the right way to play. Kids should play however they want but when their decision making is consistently questionable, they should be corrected a few times and then benched. This never happens because coaches are too worried about results and they let the selfish kids ruin the game and the team because they think they can't do any better with the rest of the team. I assure you if players were corrected at you g ages, our game would improve across the board quickly. Can't stand watching kids take 15 touches over 10 yards allowing the defense to recover and not hit the wide open winger 20 yards away who is screaming for the ball. Or all of the little moths collecting I. The middle of the field to stay close to the ball so maybe they can get a touch rather than getting their lazy *****es out to the touchline and facing the field to be ready to receive a ball .... Rather than chase it out of bounds because they are never in the right place in a timely fashion..... Soccer here is just too reactive and it makes it not fun to watch.

Agreed, coaches need to sacrifice results for improved play, but sadly parents will try to make their decisions based on "what team wins more". This thread is a worst-case example of that.

Comment

Agreed, coaches need to sacrifice results for improved play, but sadly parents will try to make their decisions based on "what team wins more". This thread is a worst-case example of that.
                      Bingo. But in some degree of fairness most parents never played soccer and they can't tell good coaching from bad. They also don't understand that being on the "best team" doesn't mean it's the best place for their player

Comment

Bingo. But in some degree of fairness most parents never played soccer and they can't tell good coaching from bad. They also don't understand that being on the "best team" doesn't mean it's the best place for their player
                        100% spot on.

Comment

I am still amazed how from week to week (even on my kid's team .... which is supposedly in one of the two highest level leagues, parents are clueless .... we get beat by a decent or mediocre team because of our own poor play and then we slaughter some sorry team the next week and they think we have miraculously gotten over the hump ... as if the entire team (and coaches) just figured it all out in 6 days .... rather than taking into account the ability and athleticism of our opponents relative to ours. And then their are the refs, who apparently have it in for us in every loss, but dont play a factor when we are beating bad teams. Every week I seem to find more and more irony in something! :)

Comment

I am still amazed how from week to week (even on my kid's team .... which is supposedly in one of the two highest level leagues, parents are clueless .... we get beat by a decent or mediocre team because of our own poor play and then we slaughter some sorry team the next week and they think we have miraculously gotten over the hump ... as if the entire team (and coaches) just figured it all out in 6 days .... rather than taking into account the ability and athleticism of our opponents relative to ours. And then their are the refs, who apparently have it in for us in every loss, but dont play a factor when we are beating bad teams. Every week I seem to find more and more irony in something! :)
                            Stay far away from the other parents. Show up, chit chat, be pleasurable, and come game time disassociate yourself.

Comment

Stay far away from the other parents. Show up, chit chat, be pleasurable, and come game time disassociate yourself.
                              I really have been, but i feel like the loner .... i like them in social settings, but watching the games with them is becoming unbearable. God forbid the ball go sideways or backwards twice in a possession!

Comment

I really have been, but i feel like the loner .... i like them in social settings, but watching the games with them is becoming unbearable. God forbid the ball go sideways or backwards twice in a possession!
                                Put your time in early and after, but yeah I get it. I have the same struggles and grind my teeth many games...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X