Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What we know is anyones child playing ECNL and the costs associated with ECNL can afford college regardless of boutique soccer. They were are commited to going to college anyhow. Money was not a factor. There are no trademan or tradeswomen here, there are no military enlistees.
    You don’t know anything - ECNL is expensive but we can’t afford colleague regardless of cost, many families do what they need to do - by the way our plumber makes more than my wife a teacher...

Comment

That is excellent! What schools?
      Take a look
      These are self reported so there are more commitments out they’re not listed

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...ea=commitments

Comment

H

I don’t know what the beef is with scorpions. EB is a great player and coach, along with majority of their coaches. They have good facilities, run good trainings and have some very competitive teams. Better than most other options. Best thing is to go check out some trainings and see for yourself. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
        Scorpions has improved drastically since NR and EB took over. Training is legit, resources for college bound players is great, and environment is supportive.

EB is the clearly the best coach at Scorpions (doesn’t even coach my kid, hopefully will in future) and If I wasn’t at scorpions, I’d easily switch clubs to play for him and the scorpions teams

Comment

My kid plays for EB. Excellent coach who runs a top notch practice. I’ve seen improvement across the board with the girls on my daughters team since they came together in August. Other coaches (NR, RS) etc. have filled in from time to time and I’ve got only positive things to say. The club is definitely heading in the right direction.

Comment

My kid plays for EB. Excellent coach who runs a top notch practice. I’ve seen improvement across the board with the girls on my daughters team since they came together in August. Other coaches (NR, RS) etc. have filled in from time to time and I’ve got only positive things to say. The club is definitely heading in the right direction.
            NR is a screamer who demeans the girls every chance he gets. Listen to him at a game. He’s nasty. He’s no stranger to red cards.

Comment

NR is a screamer who demeans the girls every chance he gets. Listen to him at a game. He’s nasty. He’s no stranger to red cards.
              I disagree -my D played for him - he yells but doesn’t demean -

Comment

NR is a quality coach. He only yells at referees.

Comment

Bingo on NR!

Comment

More importantly, I've heard from two different local D1 college coaches that they know NR well and are impressed with what the Scorpions program is doing. At the end of the day, most of the families with kids playing at this level don't care about college recruitment and scholarship money, not wins and championships.

Scorps aren't alone in MA in that regard, but to hear it from the head coaches directly at programs my kid is actively interested in just makes the choice an easier one for us.

Comment

Only 3 girls programs in MA putting the majority of their graduating top level teams into college soccer. FC Stars, NEFC & Scorpions. That’s it.

Comment

He yells at refs and the girls. He calls the girls useless. He calls them lazy. He calls them worthless. He threatens them. Yes he later apologizes for his offensive behavior, but so what. He doesn’t change his behavior.

Comment

He yells at refs and the girls. He calls the girls useless. He calls them lazy. He calls them worthless. He threatens them. Yes he later apologizes for his offensive behavior, but so what. He doesn’t change his behavior.
                          Stay classy NR

Comment

NR doesn’t coach. It’s long ball after long ball. It’s work hard with ZERO instruction on what or how to do something better. It’s high school soccer with a club name on the jerseys when he is coaching

Comment

EB is a very good coach, he runs a great training session. He pushes the girls but they still have some fun. My only complaint with him is the constant chirping the ref's.

Don't know NR well, but when he fills in my daughter has no complaints and says he runs good training sessions also and does a good job at Thayer.

The ENCL Regionals teams are a pretty big drop off in skill level, but have the same opportunities for training as the top teams.

Comment

EB is a very good coach, he runs a great training session. He pushes the girls but they still have some fun. My only complaint with him is the constant chirping the ref's.

Don't know NR well, but when he fills in my daughter has no complaints and says he runs good training sessions also and does a good job at Thayer.

The ENCL Regionals teams are a pretty big drop off in skill level, but have the same opportunities for training as the top teams.
                                The regional ecnl teams routinely tie or beat ecnl national teams. That’s a fact and if your daughter really plays for EB you are well aware of that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X