GAA (#68)
    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/soccer-wo...dividual/55/p2

Save% (not even in the top 150)
    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/soccer-wo...ividual/423/p2

Shutouts (tied for 90)
    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/soccer-wo...vidual/1175/p2

Save per game also not in the top 150

This is why Coll has a chance to play vs sitting the bench

Coll may have a shot at starting but Skiba is the starter going into the season. Take a look at the defensive turnaround over the last year - she was the only holdover on the backline from last year! Stats for Goalies are good but if you don't have a solid defense in front of them these don't mean anything. Go take a look at the save Skiba made against Colorado - shouldn't be hard to find I think it was save of the week! Stats can be misleading!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      there ya go again, trying to turn this thing around on me. suggesting i'm creepy for sticking up for a young lady. nice try. as soon as someone starts an entire thread on Skiba, I'll stick up for her or any other young woman that is not deserving. This entire thread has been about Coll. someone mentions Skiba and her stats, which don't lie, and now she's the victim? give me a break.

I will say this though.........goals are not just scored on goalies. The team and especially the defensive players are also guilty parties. Keepers can only do so much. Two years ago, OSU was a very poor soccer team. granted, they play in the Pac12 against the nation's best teams. the goals scored on her are not all her fault. No keeper can stop every goal.....especially with a poor supporting cast. She'll do fine at osu, and when she's done playing, I bet Coll steps in. In the meantime, they make each other better.

Go Beavs.
      I agree go beavs, but the point with the stats is that one of the posters said Skiba was in the top 5 in most categories. She is a solid keeper, but her stats make her just another ordinary keeper. One great save doesn’t make a keeper

Comment

I agree go beavs, but the point with the stats is that one of the posters said Skiba was in the top 5 in most categories. She is a solid keeper, but her stats make her just another ordinary keeper. One great save doesn’t make a keeper
        Just an FYI, Skiba is way more than just an ordinary keeper. She is a great teammate and a team leader, she is a world class keeper and all you need to do is watch her manage a game and patrol between the pipes to see it. OSU is very fortunate to have this kid...

Comment

Just an FYI, Skiba is way more than just an ordinary keeper. She is a great teammate and a team leader, she is a world class keeper and all you need to do is watch her manage a game and patrol between the pipes to see it. OSU is very fortunate to have this kid...
          Thanks mom!

Comment

Thanks mom!
            You people never quit, not her Mom but have a daughter on team and have witnessed this young lady in person. I have been impressed by her and what she brings to the field. Great kid, we really should spend more energy building our local girls up!!!

Comment

If she is a world class keeper then what does it make the other 100+ keepers that are statistically ranked higher than her in NCAA?

Comment

If she is a world class keeper then what does it make the other 100+ keepers that are statistically ranked higher than her in NCAA?
                give a rest people. let's stop picking on individual players, especially college-age or younger that have done nothing to receive criticism.

stick to complaining and criticizing DOC's and Coaches. (adults)

Comment

give a rest people. let's stop picking on individual players, especially college-age or younger that have done nothing to receive criticism.

stick to complaining and criticizing DOC's and Coaches. (adults)
                  This may come as a surprise to you but college age IS adult. Old enough to vote, get married, serve and die for country, etc. Also old enough to foolishly "go pro," get shot down, and crawl back to college to serve as a backup to a superior keeper. And definitely old enough to face adult criticism.

Comment

This may come as a surprise to you but college age IS adult. Old enough to vote, get married, serve and die for country, etc. Also old enough to foolishly "go pro," get shot down, and crawl back to college to serve as a backup to a superior keeper. And definitely old enough to face adult criticism.
                    Relax and be nice for a change. I doubt she’d sign with the Beavers without some promise by them that she’d get playing time. I’m rooting for both Oregon girls. My guess is they’ll make each other better and either way it’ll be a local Oregon player in goal. That’s a win for all Oregon girls.

Comment

go away. you still, after all of this time and all your dumb posts, have no clue what went on with this young woman. your life is sad and cautionary.

Comment

Weaker conferences? (Thats the majority)
                        Better back line
                        Better team
                        Lower competition
                        Etc. Etc.

Statistics don't give the full picture

Comment

Weaker conferences? (Thats the majority)
                          Better back line
                          Better team
                          Lower competition
                          Etc. Etc.

Statistics don't give the full picture
                          You need to go look at the stats as the top statistical keepers are from Pac12, ACC, Big 10, Ivy League. You have to go to the 2nd or 3rd page until you find Skiba

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X