Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Understood but do the soccer teams have any scheduled spring games before April 25th and will those go on as scheduled?
    Soccer is not a spring sport. Spring is about training for the fall which won’t exist at Concordia

Comment

Anyone finding the student response interesting?

School: "We have no money, we have to close"

Students: "No. You can't! We need a place to go to class."

School: "We have no money..."

Students: "We'll sue you!"

Students: "We have demands! We'll walk out of class and shut the school down"

School: "k..."

It shows how much we are failing

Comment

Anyone finding the student response interesting?

School: "We have no money, we have to close"

Students: "No. You can't! We need a place to go to class."

Students: "We'll sue you!"

Students: "We have demands! We'll walk out of class and shut the school down"

School: "k..."

It shows how much we are failing
        That's not how I see it at all. I see students who were assured mere months ago that the school was on sound financial standing, who are now (rightfully) upset and suspicious that they are suddenly out of money. Either the university lied to them or something is amiss financially (or both). The Oregonian has been doing some good articles on this and I suggest you check them out. We are most certainly not "failing" because students ask for transparency from a university that took their money, made them promises, and failed to deliver.

Comment

Soccer is not a spring sport. Spring is about training for the fall which won’t exist at Concordia
          Spring games are being used for players to get some extra game film. This will help them transfer to other schools more easily. So, not necessarily training for the Fall season at Concordia, but somewhere else. I'd imagine kids will be hustling to look good on film so they can find those elusive transfer spots wherever they may exist....

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2653674]Spring games are being used for players to get some extra game film. This will help them transfer to other schools more easily. So, not necessarily training for the Fall season at Concordia, but somewhere else. I'd imagine kids will be hustling to look good on film so they can find those elusive transfer spots wherever they may exist....[/QUOTE

Is there a limit to the number of players rostered on a collegiate soccer team? If not, then they shouldn’t have much problem transferring to another similar program for their skill level. There might not get any athletic money and they might need to go d3 but soccer might actually help them transition to a new school. I’m sure their #1 concern is finishing their degrees elsewhere and soccer is low on the priority list anyway.

Comment

That's not how I see it at all. I see students who were assured mere months ago that the school was on sound financial standing, who are now (rightfully) upset and suspicious that they are suddenly out of money. Either the university lied to them or something is amiss financially (or both). The Oregonian has been doing some good articles on this and I suggest you check them out. We are most certainly not "failing" because students ask for transparency from a university that took their money, made them promises, and failed to deliver.
              When organizations run out of money in our current system they fail to exist. Get over it students and PDX liberals. Go find a different school. You'll probably save money in the long run.

Comment

When organizations run out of money in our current system they fail to exist. Get over it students and PDX liberals. Go find a different school. You'll probably save money in the long run.
                Thanks Archie

Comment

Did these students pre-pay the tuition for next fall and winter already? Doubtful. They'll get what they paid for - another semester of schooling - and then be looking for another school.

Comment

Did these students pre-pay the tuition for next fall and winter already? Doubtful. They'll get what they paid for - another semester of schooling - and then be looking for another school.
                    You don’t understand! Something bad happened to me so I am owed something.

This is why we need Bernie. He would make everything alright.

Comment

You don’t understand! Something bad happened to me so I am owed something.

This is why we need Bernie. He would make everything alright.
                      This is still baffling and sad this school has closed it’s doors

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X