Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Didn't that allegedly happen against Eugene? Why?
    Happened against ADF and OPFC as well.

(And what happened against FC this past weekend? OYSA website says the score was 0-0, but both teams seem to have taken zero points from the match. No indication of a mutual forfeit or other result that might result in both teams in a match being credited with a loss).

Comment

(And what happened against FC this past weekend? OYSA website says the score was 0-0, but both teams seem to have taken zero points from the match. No indication of a mutual forfeit or other result that might result in both teams in a match being credited with a loss).
      The top updx playes in the pool were rostered against adf, and will also against Westside.

Comment

Stop making bs excuses- updx just is not that good. I have seen them play multiple times. Against my sons teams and others and in my opinion their roster is pretty much all b (the TA castoffs included) players. I am not sure who keeps trying to imply that they are playing this huge rotating carousel of players- the main core roster has been the same every time I have seen them....

Comment

What? There is very clearly an A and B team at updx with a few fringe players who will swing from time to time based on injury and availability-just like all the other larger clubs. Whoever keeps posting these lies and intimating that their is a massive difference from week to week and game to game of the players rostered is full of chit. Losing breeds excuse making for some of the arrogant parents and that is where we are at now with updx. My son plays there, for the 06 A team, and it’s a mess of egos with the 05 parent group (mostly the “new”).....

Comment

What? There is very clearly an A and B team at updx with a few fringe players who will swing from time to time based on injury and availability-just like all the other larger clubs. Whoever keeps posting these lies and intimating that their is a massive difference from week to week and game to game of the players rostered is full of chit. Losing breeds excuse making for some of the arrogant parents and that is where we are at now with updx. My son plays there, for the 06 A team, and it’s a mess of egos with the 05 parent group (mostly the “new”).....
            06s are back on age for state cup, meaning about 5 or 6 players that are in the 05 “A pool” not getting rostered for that tournament, or other top tournaments. How many 06s are on the 06 “A” team? Overfilling benches is 100% about money.

Comment

The castoffs went around to different clubs for tryouts, and insisted they were "all or none." UPDX agreed to this, and inherited an obnoxious parent group to boot. Buyers remorse anyone?

Comment

Cuervos 0-1 ETFC
                OPFC 2-2 FC

Comment

Cuervos 0-1 ETFC
                  OPFC 2-2 FC
                  AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. Welcome back to Oregon silver division winners. That's what happens when you play weak, overmatched teams and then believe you are great. And to be honest, you were lucky to get the tie. You've been Thunderstruck.

Comment

AAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA. Welcome back to Oregon silver division winners. That's what happens when you play weak, overmatched teams and then believe you are great. And to be honest, you were lucky to get the tie. You've been Thunderstruck.
                    I love coming on to this site to see the 05 boys squabble over results. You guys have officially beat the 01 girls. The 05 boys are likely the weakest grouping of player this state has seen in a long time. You are essentially talking trash about the top five teams of one of the weakest age groups this state has ever produced

Comment

I love coming on to this site to see the 05 boys squabble over results. You guys have officially beat the 01 girls. The 05 boys are likely the weakest grouping of player this state has seen in a long time. You are essentially talking trash about the top five teams of one of the weakest age groups this state has ever produced
                      You could not be more wrong, and are clearly jealous as hell.

Comment

I am trying to understand the point of this, but I am having some difficulty doing so. Could it be because you have failed to make a point? Nonetheless, I will take a stab at it.

You took offense (and disagree) to the poster saying that the kids today are better players than the kids of yesteryear? And, you also want evidence to back up the assertion? Does that sound accurate?

The new age magic, and making you money comment appears to be directed to a coach, or program or just the whole soccer community in general. Not a coach, nor a DOC. I am a parent, which I guess makes my 2 cents worth 1 cent...but I would think a reasonable argument could be made that there are better athletes today than 30 years ago. I also agree that this is true everywhere else though, and is a contributing factor to why "Oregon" has fallen behind compared to teams from back then. I have yet in 18 years of youth soccer, to have one of my kids coached by somebody who I would label as a difference maker in the game. But...my kids have been coached by people who have made a difference in their lives. That is what matters to me.

This is not an antagonistic response, just a response.
                        We have been lucky enough to have coaches that made a difference in their lives and on the field. Granted it's rare, but we consider ourselves lucky and blessed.

Comment

Westside 2 UPDX 2

Comment

You could not be more wrong, and are clearly jealous as hell.
                            Jealous? Lol!
                            Of what? Everyone knows that the 05 age group in Oregon is weak.

Comment

ADF 3, CFC 2
                              Eugene 3, FC 0

ADF (with 20 points) clinches at least a tie for first with one more win. WT and OPFC both can reach 23 points if they win out, ETFC, UPDX, CFC can reach 22 (assuming UPDX won yesterday at Rogue Valley), no other team can reach 20. ADF hosts Westside on Wednesday, and wraps things up against Oregon Premier on March 8.

Comment

Your recap of UPDX vs WT.

Game was played in miserable conditions at Madison HS, which is currently located at the campus of the former Marshall HS, right behind Eastport Plaza. WT was coming off of a disappointing weekend down in Vegas, and hoping that whatever happened in Vegas, STAYED in Vegas.

First half was dominated by high winds and horizontal rain, the sort of weather than makes organized soccer dang near impossible. Balls were sailing out of bounds left and right, nobody could get a foot on it, and both defenses were basically making sure they didn't concede anything embarrassing. Both defenses succeeded, and the game went to the halfway point scoreless.

In the second half, conditions improved and actual soccer could be played. The home team (vastly improved over the squad that came in last in DA last year) struck first, scoring twice early on after defensive miscues. Westside woke up after that, and with about fifteen minutes left in the half, a gorgeous cross from the left wing reached the feet of an unmarked BJ, who beat the keeper at the far post. Both sides had a few more chances, but it looked like UPDX would get its first victory against the visitors--until Westside won a final corner. On the game's last play, a perfect cornerkick was sent to the top of the six-yard box, where it was met by a rising EW, and the big fullback smashed it into the back of the net with his head; there was nothing the UPDX goalie could do. The ref blew time as soon as the restart occurred.

For the second time this month, WT had a game end with an outcome-changing goal being scored on the final play. This time it was the team in red that snatched parity from the jaws of defeat, claiming a point at the death.

Westside visits ADF this Wednesday, then three NWNL games this weekend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X