Boca DOC Joining Strikers Ownership Group and Moving Team To Boca

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have spoken to parents I know at TB and they know nothing about this. I also called a good friend who used to work with the Strikers and he said he called the new staff and although BD is "in discussion" to "invest" in the Strikers as a partner he has not left TB nor do they expect him to leave TB. So I think all these rumors of him leaving TB are unfounded and people are just trying to stir the pot at TB. Although he may be the main person who handles their college recruitment their whole staff is full of college coaches so I'm sure that TB would be fine even if he left, which I don't think is the case anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I have spoken to parents I know at TB and they know nothing about this. I also called a good friend who used to work with the Strikers and he said he called the new staff and although BD is "in discussion" to "invest" in the Strikers as a partner he has not left TB nor do they expect him to leave TB. So I think all these rumors of him leaving TB are unfounded and people are just trying to stir the pot at TB. Although he may be the main person who handles their college recruitment their whole staff is full of college coaches so I'm sure that TB would be fine even if he left, which I don't think is the case anyway!
      Let's just say that your rumor is true.
      Team Boca will be just fine.
      Before Bill D'Addio was:
      Steve Nugent
      Before Steve Nugent was Jim Blankenship.
      Why don't you all google those names and just educate yourselves on how strong Team Boca is as a club with their college connections throughout 3 decades. I dare you to name a South Florida Club with that kind've pedigree. Name any. Just one. Do it. Seriously.
      Now, do you actually think for 1 minute that IF your rumor is true, that Team Boca did not just get stronger? Team Boca has already WPSL for the girls and now would have a direct link to Men's pro. So, step back for a minute and scratch your chin....
      Really? How is this bad for Team Boca either way?

Comment

Let's just say that your rumor is true.
        Team Boca will be just fine.
        Before Bill D'Addio was:
        Steve Nugent
        Before Steve Nugent was Jim Blankenship.
        Why don't you all google those names and just educate yourselves on how strong Team Boca is as a club with their college connections throughout 3 decades. I dare you to name a South Florida Club with that kind've pedigree. Name any. Just one. Do it. Seriously.
        Now, do you actually think for 1 minute that IF your rumor is true, that Team Boca did not just get stronger? Team Boca has already WPSL for the girls and now would have a direct link to Men's pro. So, step back for a minute and scratch your chin....
        Really? How is this bad for Team Boca either way?
        The problem with your analogy is that B Daddio still ran TB even when those others you spoke about were there also. BD has run TB for the past 15 years and has literally been responsible for hundreds of players getting recruited. If, and I say IF he is leaving then it will be a major hit for TB. I don't see anyone at TB that could replace him and dedicate the time that he does to getting players recruited. Who would take his place? P Baker is the likely choice but there's no way with him coaching a D1 college could he possibly commit the necessary time. I don't know if this rumor is true either and sure it would be good for their boys if they were associated with the Strikers but I think if he left his position at TB it's still a big negative at least for the girls side.

Comment

The problem with your analogy is that B Daddio still ran TB even when those others you spoke about were there also. BD has run TB for the past 15 years and has literally been responsible for hundreds of players getting recruited. If, and I say IF he is leaving then it will be a major hit for TB. I don't see anyone at TB that could replace him and dedicate the time that he does to getting players recruited. Who would take his place? P Baker is the likely choice but there's no way with him coaching a D1 college could he possibly commit the necessary time. I don't know if this rumor is true either and sure it would be good for their boys if they were associated with the Strikers but I think if he left his position at TB it's still a big negative at least for the girls side.
          This is exactly right. Trust me there is nobody at TB that can possibly come close to replacing the amount of experience and coaching contacts that Daddio has. Spin it all you want but if he left TB that is a huge loss for the high school age players and you can expect several of them to leave and go elsewhere since their college recruitment program is the only reason they were there in the first place. Rumor has it that he has been completely invisible since tryouts and he's already gone. But I love hearing the TB spin machine trying to do damage control!

Comment

This is exactly right. Trust me there is nobody at TB that can possibly come close to replacing the amount of experience and coaching contacts that Daddio has. Spin it all you want but if he left TB that is a huge loss for the high school age players and you can expect several of them to leave and go elsewhere since their college recruitment program is the only reason they were there in the first place. Rumor has it that he has been completely invisible since tryouts and he's already gone. But I love hearing the TB spin machine trying to do damage control!
            Let me tell you I don't think you have any idea how bad this really is for TB. If this is true, and I heard from someone I know in the Strikers front office that not only is BD leaving TB but he is becoming a major investor - partner with the Strikers. What you're not thinking about is that BD will likely bring TB staff with him and not just go alone. My contact stated that some TB coaches are going with him and you will be shocked when it all plays out. Supposedly there is a planned press conference in August.

Comment

Let me tell you I don't think you have any idea how bad this really is for TB. If this is true, and I heard from someone I know in the Strikers front office that not only is BD leaving TB but he is becoming a major investor - partner with the Strikers. What you're not thinking about is that BD will likely bring TB staff with him and not just go alone. My contact stated that some TB coaches are going with him and you will be shocked when it all plays out. Supposedly there is a planned press conference in August.
              You are just trying to throw gas on a smoke screen to try to make it into a fire.
              Team Boca is fine. Sit tight and watch. Your rumor mongering will be sorted out soon.
              " ...I heard from someone, who heard from someone, that has a friend that sell sodas at the Strikers games.....blah,blah,blah......"

Comment

You are just trying to throw gas on a smoke screen to try to make it into a fire.
                Team Boca is fine. Sit tight and watch. Your rumor mongering will be sorted out soon.
                " ...I heard from someone, who heard from someone, that has a friend that sell sodas at the Strikers games.....blah,blah,blah......"
                Yea, yea, yea. Here comes the damage control. The FYSA AGM is this weekend and he is always there representing TB so when he is a no show the truth will come out. I agree with the previous post. BD is very tight with his staff and I would expect him to share the wealth and bring some key people with him to the Strikers. Look for some other key staff to leave TB as well.

Comment

WOW! TB has been talking about this guy forever. Now that he is leaving they don't care.? MC is the best in Boca, which is why TB has always been, and will always be , known for its "pay to play" club. Expect a lot of transfers to BU.

Comment

WOW! TB has been talking about this guy forever. Now that he is leaving they don't care.? MC is the best in Boca, which is why TB has always been, and will always be , known for its "pay to play" club. Expect a lot of transfers to BU.
                    Not here to promote BD or TBoca but MC sucks and BU is a joke so I don't think BD leaving changes that one but. BU is in much more serious trouble than TB. Their tryouts were a disaster so I would take your promoting them to another thread!

Comment

Yea, yea, yea. Here comes the damage control. The FYSA AGM is this weekend and he is always there representing TB so when he is a no show the truth will come out. I agree with the previous post. BD is very tight with his staff and I would expect him to share the wealth and bring some key people with him to the Strikers. Look for some other key staff to leave TB as well.
                      I think this is all complete BS. If in fact BD is now working with the Strikers or has become the Strikers owner he would still never leave TB. TB has been his baby and he helps the girls college recruitment because he's loves doing it and not for $ or any other reason. If you knew BD you would know that he wants to cut back and do less of the running TB operations role and only do the college recruitment. Even if he is going to the Strikers there's no way he would leave TB in any bad way at all. There is no chance for that happening.

Comment

He does it for the love of the team. He won't ever leave us. Unless he gets something better.

Comment

He does it for the love of the team. He won't ever leave us. Unless he gets something better.
                          And what do you think would be better? BD could write a check to buy the Strikers if he wanted to so if you really knew him you would know that and that he runs TB because he loves doing it and not for any other reason. He hasn't ever charged one player or family one penny for his help With recruitment and in some cases it's numerous meetings and many hours so I guarantee you that he is not leaving TB and when and if he ever does it won't be to run the Strikers it would be to travel and completely retire. I don't know if these rumors are true that he's going to the Strikers but I would bet against it but even if he is there's no way he's leaving Team Boca. He's not going to do that after all the years he's put into it. So go find some other way to bash TB. This is getting old.

Comment

Blah blah blah. I guess we will see if he shows up at the AGM this weekend still wearing TB colors or not. All I know is that I've spoken to several TB parents and not one of them have confirmed that BD hasn't left. In fact every one has stated that he's been missing in action all summer which is very rare and they all suspect that it might be true that he's gone. I think it will all come down to whether he can make everyone happy with his replacement! Let's face it, this rumor has been heard by many and not just on TS so if it wasn't true I'm sure TB would have put out some type of statement by now discrediting all the rumors.

Comment

Blah blah blah. I guess we will see if he shows up at the AGM this weekend still wearing TB colors or not. All I know is that I've spoken to several TB parents and not one of them have confirmed that BD hasn't left. In fact every one has stated that he's been missing in action all summer which is very rare and they all suspect that it might be true that he's gone. I think it will all come down to whether he can make everyone happy with his replacement! Let's face it, this rumor has been heard by many and not just on TS so if it wasn't true I'm sure TB would have put out some type of statement by now discrediting all the rumors.
                              Yea, since there has been no official denial of an unsubstantiated rumor that means the rumor must be true. Why did I not think of that. You are just so much smarter than the rest of us.

Comment

Yea, since there has been no official denial of an unsubstantiated rumor that means the rumor must be true. Why did I not think of that. You are just so much smarter than the rest of us.
                                Oh please. Several people saw him with Ronaldo at Mizner restaurant so I guess they're just long lost buddies? Please. He hasn't been on a TB field since tryouts back in May. He didn't even go to TB's WPSL games. The Strikers staff have all but confirmed that he's a new partner and have officially stated No Comment but said a scheduled press conference is forthcoming and new additional ownership partners will be announced. Several TB parents who I know including a many year team manager have all said they've heard BD left for the Strikers as well, yet TB doesn't find it prudent to put out any statement saying it's not true. I'd say that's incredibly stupid on their part if he hasn't left so you do the math!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X