Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm amused by how this will burst a lot of parent's bubbles. Kids who were more physically developed and a few months maturer are thought of exceptional players rather than those with significantly better technical ability.

I saw a team that had 1/3 had birthdays Jan-July and 2/3 were kids born Aug-Dec. Only one of the kids Aug-Dec were good enough play up with the next age group. Welcome to the second team!
    Says the Dad with the kid with the June birthday whose been riding the pine. BTW, how did you know 15 kid's birthdays? I don't even know half the birthdays on my kid's team. A little creepy or just a fabrication.

Comment

Stop watching rec soccer. At the DA/ECNL that's not the case.
      Agreed DA/ECNL Are far more advanced in level of play. Don't know what he/she was watching. I would want the decision to move faster to the starting block. January 2016

Comment

This should be done January of 2016 not 17. The sooner the better. Gives to much time for the people to complain about it. Quick action is better in this matter so people adjust to faster.
        I agree 100%. It will cause chaos for a few weeks, then it will become the new normal.

The more people talk about it, think about, fret over it - the worse it will be.
        They need to just do it - pull it off like a band-aid.

Comment

1/17 makes sense that way come tryouts in May 2016 they can have the kids in the right age groups from the start of the fall season rather than causing mayhem and unneeded frustration and complaints come region and state cup time

Comment

Says the Dad with the kid with the June birthday whose been riding the pine. BTW, how did you know 15 kid's birthdays? I don't even know half the birthdays on my kid's team. A little creepy or just a fabrication.
            My kid has been a starter on every team. That of course means nothing because the quality of teams can vary greatly team to team and club to club.

As for knowing birthdates, ever hear of team management sites such as Teamer, Teamsnap etc.? They often have birthdates listed. Plus each player pass has the date listed. Finally it comes up as you talk with parents.

So either you don't care, don't pay attention or don't talk to other parents. Either way you sound like a lot of fun.

Comment

My kid has been a starter on every team. That of course means nothing because the quality of teams can vary greatly team to team and club to club.

As for knowing birthdates, ever hear of team management sites such as Teamer, Teamsnap etc.? They often have birthdates listed. Plus each player pass has the date listed. Finally it comes up as you talk with parents.

So either you don't care, don't pay attention or don't talk to other parents. Either way you sound like a lot of fun.
              I bet you like to look at their pictures as well . Maybe track down the odd Facebook account .

Comment

I'm not the OP (and live in a different state ) but our club's team roster lists the kids'birthdays.

Comment

1/17 makes sense that way come tryouts in May 2016 they can have the kids in the right age groups from the start of the fall season rather than causing mayhem and unneeded frustration and complaints come region and state cup time
                  I does not make any difference 2016 or 2017 the results are the same. But US Soccer has that decision. We don't unless the state does it or a club does it on their own. Nothing says they can't. The faster the better. Maybe a club will take it upon their self and do it to fall early what US Soccer wants. That would make them look good in front of the FEDS.

Comment

I bet you like to look at their pictures as well . Maybe track down the odd Facebook account .
                    Why are you so familiar with these types of activities? You sound like a bit of a perv yourself. Pot, meet kettle.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X