The problem with US Development Academies in South Florida

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure its about the money even in the DA level. There are players outside DA trying to get on that are as good as or better then some playing plus they have the money to pay. but the DA is politics they keep picking within there circle and who they like not who is always the best. we will start to see the effects soon in the MNT. No improvement..

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      not sure its about the money even in the DA level. There are players outside DA trying to get on that are as good as or better then some playing plus they have the money to pay. but the DA is politics they keep picking within there circle and who they like not who is always the best. we will start to see the effects soon in the MNT. No improvement..
      aren't we already seeing it?

Comment

my point is that without paying said scout, he will never get a chance....

Comment

True, and yes we are seeing it now. same line up game style even if it doesnt work. we are creating in the DA the same type of style. No thinking no creativity and we are not winning anything. I think they are hoping for the few 1-2 that go young overseas to be the ones to save U.S. problem you need 11 of these players not 1-2.

Comment

True, and yes we are seeing it now. same line up game style even if it doesnt work. we are creating in the DA the same type of style. No thinking no creativity and we are not winning anything. I think they are hoping for the few 1-2 that go young overseas to be the ones to save U.S. problem you need 11 of these players not 1-2.
            Our pay to play system is the Major issue here. Our Scouting in this region is very suspect, and hinges on corruption. a funded academy removes many of our talent selection issues. It also solves our scouting issues if they are independent of the federation meddling, as in an MLS type academy.

Comment

my point is that without paying said scout, he will never get a chance....
              Are you seriously suggesting that unless parents of kids pay the scout they don't get what an invite to national team camp? How does that work, does he actually meet with parents? What's the going rate...just saying if others are doing it....

Comment

Overseas is getting as bad as here. They are looking at 6' or taller only.

Comment

yes in the UK I agree. else where not so much. but UK can get all the Africans very cheep so thats where they will look first. Just look at teams like Jamaica and Trinidad. Most play already in UK more then U.S. players. that should tell you something

Comment

That is because they can get easier work visas. Makes it easier. Look at the problems Agudelo had.

Comment

That's fantastic always want to see US kids do well. No one said that Weston players don't deserve it stop being so sensitive and jumping to conclusions. The point is they got their opportunity. But there are players at DAs throughout the southeast who could do as well but haven't got the opportunity. Over the past couple of years just check out how many players from weston go to NT training camps compared to other non-MLS DAs and you will be very surprised. In fact weston has more kids then many MLS DAs recently.
                      After spending two years in the DA, I completely agree with this statement. There were players this past U18 DA year in the SE that deserved a shot at NT training camps and never got it. I'm not sure what our NT scout for the DA was looking at? A number of players opted out of the DA in December after committing to college. The NT scouts should take the top 2-3 players, coaches recommendation, from each team, coach them up for a week, and then play scrimmages against college or PDL teams. This would give us another excellent filter to the national teams.

Comment

After spending two years in the DA, I completely agree with this statement. There were players this past U18 DA year in the SE that deserved a shot at NT training camps and never got it. I'm not sure what our NT scout for the DA was looking at? A number of players opted out of the DA in December after committing to college. The NT scouts should take the top 2-3 players, coaches recommendation, from each team, coach them up for a week, and then play scrimmages against college or PDL teams. This would give us another excellent filter to the national teams.
                        at this point I would take any change as I cannot se our current scout or system working very well.... I see many players dropping off the radar...

Comment

Players drop off radar because scouting is terrible at younger ages and politics is aplenty at this age. It is also terrible that they constantly recycle at these younger ages instead of constantly bringing in new talent. Then as these kids turn 18-22, it is mostly a new group of players from 14-18. So many of the younger kids fizzle, as well as new players excel in college and pros and scouts cannot overlook them and are called into camps.

Comment

I have to agree about recycling players. Look at the U18 roster that was called up. They are all the 99 and 00's that have been playing forever. plus why can we not find kids the correct age. they are 15-16 years old how are you developing these kids playing stronger faster and much more talented U18 kids. Where are our 17-18 year olds.

Comment

well 5th in the U18 tournament for U.S. so do we hear the excuse again that this is a very young team and they are doing great???? When will they learn to use kids the correct age and develop them at the right speed

Comment

well soccer itself. we do not know anything in dept about this sport or we would not hire a german to run the national team. we will never learn to really look at talent and soccer intelligence. so we will always be hanging in there. dont expect things to change in a few years or ever sorry but its the truth

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X