Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    WSC's rising U16 White team (State Cup around 8 team) has broken up. The three remaining players (non impact players) were move to the B team. This is a team that failed to get out of Round 1 of Region Cup and could not even score a goal in the B division at Disney. The DOC decided to chance the name of the B team to the White (State Cup team). Do they get to keep the Premier League invite, even though there are just three players remaining from last yer's team. Are there any rule that would prevent them?
    ouch! where did all the boys go? I'm assuming FC Florida or Boca Academy?

Comment

Must have at least 66.6% of last year's roster to keep the invite and it's still at the discretion of FYSA.
      really, looks like the GTB U17's are out then.

Comment

And we are led to believe that any open spots will be filled by high ranked good teams that didn't make round of 16. Better not be any Region Cup teams getting in!
        here is how they will determine the "at large" teams:

At Large teams have and will be evaluated using four criteria - State Cup Results, League Results, Game Results Vs. Round of 16 Teams, and Game Results Vs. Other At-Large Applicants. All results are used during this process, including games from leagues that do not report their scores to GotSoccer. GotSoccer Rankings are not used at any point during the process.

Comment

Must have at least 66.6% of last year's roster to keep the invite and it's still at the discretion of FYSA.
          Where does it say this? I just looked at the rules and cannot find this tidbit of info. I did find this though:

201. ELIGIBILITY
          201.1 - Teams from registered FYSA member clubs in good standing and from the age groups of U-14 to U-18 that are currently registered and in good standing with FYSA and from the Round of 16 from the prior year’s state championships are automatically eligible to participate in the Florida State Premier League (FSPL). This automatic eligibility earned through State Cup is retained by the club team - Round of 16 qualifications will not follow a team or group of players who transfer to another club. Additional teams and/or divisions may be added under the discretion of the FSPL Commission.

Comment

Notable Rising U16b missing teams

Deadline is June 9th to apply, but these top 16 teams haven't applied yet:

N. Ft. Myers
            Sunrise
            Coral Gables
            OCYS
            FL Fire

The funniest teams that DID apply?

Doral (ranked 63rd and knocked out in SC Round 1, going 0-2))
            Elite SA (ranked 81st, 1 loss and 2 draws in SC Round 2)
            Central Brevard United (ranked 53rd, didn't even make it to REGION CUP finals)

Teams outside of Round of 16 most likely to get a slot based on current applications:
            ACYS (ranked 12th)
            Leg AZ (ranked 15th)
            Coral Estates (ranked 24th)

Comment

Deadline is June 9th to apply, but these top 16 teams haven't applied yet:

N. Ft. Myers
              Sunrise
              Coral Gables
              OCYS
              FL Fire

The funniest teams that DID apply?

Doral (ranked 63rd and knocked out in SC Round 1, going 0-2))
              Elite SA (ranked 81st, 1 loss and 2 draws in SC Round 2)
              Central Brevard United (ranked 53rd, didn't even make it to REGION CUP finals)

Teams outside of Round of 16 most likely to get a slot based on current applications:
              ACYS (ranked 12th)
              Leg AZ (ranked 15th)
              Coral Estates (ranked 24th)
              as much as it will probably pain most on TS south orlando will probably get a slot based on their wins over other sweet 16 teams from league and tournament play.

Comment

here is how they will determine the "at large" teams:

At Large teams have and will be evaluated using four criteria - State Cup Results, League Results, Game Results Vs. Round of 16 Teams, and Game Results Vs. Other At-Large Applicants. All results are used during this process, including games from leagues that do not report their scores to GotSoccer. GotSoccer Rankings are not used at any point during the process.
                I think they should only give automatic bids for final 8 and then use this criteria for the other 8. Going by round of 16 does not get the best talent

Comment

Relax, a lot of clubs will wait untill the final day, it's the best league in the state all the best clubs will apply.

Comment

Based on the brakets in all age groups over the last 3 years, there has never been a group of 16 teams. Most groups are only 12, up to 14. Even having a division II last year, there were still only 12 teams in Division I brackets.

Comment

as much as it will probably pain most on TS south orlando will probably get a slot based on their wins over other sweet 16 teams from league and tournament play.
                      You are correct, I don't know how I missed them when I was going thru the list (other than the fact that I was on a boring webinar for my company while I was writing my post!)

Comment

I think they should only give automatic bids for final 8 and then use this criteria for the other 8. Going by round of 16 does not get the best talent
                        Which would then leave you with 4 to 5 teams to choose from to start each age in FSPL.
                        Some teams play R3PL others higher.
                        So, Final 16 is actually a very good number. If they made it thru, then they earned the right to play in FSPL.

Comment

Based on the brakets in all age groups over the last 3 years, there has never been a group of 16 teams. Most groups are only 12, up to 14. Even having a division II last year, there were still only 12 teams in Division I brackets.
                          They seem intent on 16 team league now, a 15 game season, which is a good number

Comment

Relax, a lot of clubs will wait untill the final day, it's the best league in the state all the best clubs will apply.
                            NOT the best league in the state which is why ocys usually forgoes it for FPL.

Comment

This is very general. What age and gender are you looking at?

Comment

really, looks like the GTB U17's are out then.
                                Wrong. But keep up the wishful thinking!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X