Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fort Lauderdale Select U16

we just moved into the South Florida area and some of the girls my daughter goes to school with are there and told her to try out there. She tried another club Tuesday but did not like it...any info would be appreciated.

u16 is a solid team. We have played them many times over the years and always a good game. Seem to be well coached. Not filled with superstars but play well as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      we just moved into the South Florida area and some of the girls my daughter goes to school with are there and told her to try out there. She tried another club Tuesday but did not like it...any info would be appreciated.
      www.TeamBoca.com

Comment

I did not ask about TB. Not interested in the u16 girls there. Thanks for the Ft Laud feedback does anyone else have any more?

Comment

I did not ask about TB. Not interested in the u16 girls there. Thanks for the Ft Laud feedback does anyone else have any more?
          Fort Lauderdale S. U16 (rising U17) is a really good team, very solid. They will be playing in FSPL and are extremely competitive at this age group. I also heard they will be attending several showcases this year and gearing more towards college recruitment.
          The only thing that is a possible negative is there is a rumor that some of their players primarily their GK are trying out at other clubs Sunrise, West Pines etc...you know the old let me check out if the grass is greener elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
            i did not ask about tb. Not interested in the u16 girls there. Thanks for the ft laud feedback does anyone else have any more?
            sunrise is the only choice for the top level team in s fla. They play all the top teams in the country. If your daughter is a top flight player that is the place to try to catch on to. They also have a second team if you need that level which is also going to be a premier team.

Comment

sunrise is the only choice for the top level team in s fla. They play all the top teams in the country. If your daughter is a top flight player that is the place to try to catch on to. They also have a second team if you need that level which is also going to be a premier team.
              Sunrise is a great team but not sure if that would work for us. Certainly it would be a haul since we live East.

Comment

Unfortunately it looks like the team may be losing most of the top players. All promises never delivered. If she is a high level player she should look elsewhere. But I won't promote other clubs.

Comment

Unfortunately it looks like the team may be losing most of the top players. All promises never delivered. If she is a high level player she should look elsewhere. But I won't promote other clubs.
                  Who is losing most of their top players? Sunrise or Select?

Comment

Where are they going?

Comment

Why would you post this if you don't know...Wow...talk about a lie. A few kids might leave. A few kids might come. Goalie and top players are going no where. Surrounding clubs are scrambling. Sunrise, Former WP and TB can't fill their needs without preying on vulnerable parents who think their kids are getting full rides. Talk about not delivering on promises. Bottom line...good team..good coach.

Comment

Why would you post this if you don't know...Wow...talk about a lie. A few kids might leave. A few kids might come. Goalie and top players are going no where. Surrounding clubs are scrambling. Sunrise, Former WP and TB can't fill their needs without preying on vulnerable parents who think their kids are getting full rides. Talk about not delivering on promises. Bottom line...good team..good coach.
                        Yeah, totally agree...there are no free rides at those clubs, not sure who would even think there is.

Comment

Funny, so the rumors that the GK and quite a few top players were at other club try-outs last night must be a talking-soccer exaggeration.

Comment

Funny, so the rumors that the GK and quite a few top players were at other club try-outs last night must be a talking-soccer exaggeration.
                            Yep..unless you call a back up and what has now become a replaceable starter top players...

Comment

Every one of these clubs are scrambling because BU and ECNL have come to town and if anybody really wants to succeed in the next level...ECNL is what coaches look for. (9 out 10 ECNL players commit to college soccer)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...5a+PRN20150204

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X