This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Interesting you say consolidating the talent. To obtain or contend with ECNL, the North Fl clubs have partnered. There are only two big competitive team clubs in Jax, JFC and Florida Elite. Clay and PDA are on the outliers. JFC has ECNL and only so many girls can make the ECNL roster. In the future, less and less players will come from other clubs to try to make the ECNL teams. The other clubs are being forced to get better because of ECNL. The other clubs may actually end up retaining more of their players than in the past.
    As soccer evolves because of ECNL, I'd also expect the non ecnl clubs to come together in new ways because they have elite players who need to play other good teams and be showcased.
    I agree with the fact that ECNL propels soccer forward and if what you are saying is true would be a good thing.

Comment

Interesting you say consolidating the talent. To obtain or contend with ECNL, the North Fl clubs have partnered. There are only two big competitive team clubs in Jax, JFC and Florida Elite. Clay and PDA are on the outliers. JFC has ECNL and only so many girls can make the ECNL roster. In the future, less and less players will come from other clubs to try to make the ECNL teams. The other clubs are being forced to get better because of ECNL. The other clubs may actually end up retaining more of their players than in the past.
      As soccer evolves because of ECNL, I'd also expect the non ecnl clubs to come together in new ways because they have elite players who need to play other good teams and be showcased.
      Why would you say that less and less will come to JFC for ecnl??? There will always be those that want to try and there will always be those bubble players that will come for the chance to get in during the season.

Comment

I would like to thank the boy's docs from Clay, JFC, PV, and PDA for working together to have a week long try out this week to play other Academy teams this year. Hopefully my son will make the team ... I would love to go to Dallas Cup and IMG Friendlies.
        Oh my, Sean, John, and Elvir will not be happy!!

Comment

Why would you say that less and less will come to JFC for ecnl??? There will always be those that want to try and there will always be those bubble players that will come for the chance to get in during the season.
          ECNL teams are pretty much established and set now. An area wide Jax ECNL team is much harder to make. A few girls from the area may tryout who think they have a chance, but they might also return home to play on their clubs top teams if they do not make the ECNL team.

Comment

Oh my, Sean, John, and Elvir will not be happy!!
            The FESA coaches might be happy. The FESA boys will not have to worry about balancing being on FESA's A team and trying to play on an all area Academy team playing other da teams around the country. FESA's boys and teams will be developing at FESA and won't have to worry about the conflict of twice the practices, twice the travel, twice the expenses, and so on. If a FESA boy is really da material he may try out solely for the JFC da team if JFC gets awarded full da in the future.

Comment

I would like to thank the boy's docs from Clay, JFC, PV, and PDA for working together to have a week long try out this week to play other Academy teams this year. Hopefully my son will make the team ... I would love to go to Dallas Cup and IMG Friendlies.
              JFC Armada Developmental Academy Team rosters are being formed for U15, U16, U17 and U18 at the camp. Only 26-30 kids were invited from JFC, PV, Clay, and PDA and 20-22 will be selected. On average, 5 to 6 players from each club would make the team but JFC always proclaims it has the best talent and its probable the majority of the boys selected will be from JFC. These boys will play on their home club team and have to do the additional JFC Armada academy practices, play other DA teams around the country, and travel to double the tournaments. These boys will not have much of a life trying to juggle two top teams. It will be expensive to play on two high level travel teams. They won't have time for high school soccer either.

Comment

Basically these teams will be JFC Armada and they will be trying to prove they can play other DA teams to help JFC obtain full DA in the future.

Comment

ECNL teams are pretty much established and set now. An area wide Jax ECNL team is much harder to make. A few girls from the area may tryout who think they have a chance, but they might also return home to play on their clubs top teams if they do not make the ECNL team.
                  Ecnl doesn't change that dynamic. That is always how tryouts work trying to make the area's top team. No different but maybe even more trying to make it and coming to the club where they can move onto foster from. The teams are far from set. Check with OC and WFF....roster changes constantly. Many girls didn't make the teams this year that were regulars last year. Quit spewing only what you want to believe.

Comment

JFC Armada Developmental Academy Team rosters are being formed for U15, U16, U17 and U18 at the camp. Only 26-30 kids were invited from JFC, PV, Clay, and PDA and 20-22 will be selected. On average, 5 to 6 players from each club would make the team but JFC always proclaims it has the best talent and its probable the majority of the boys selected will be from JFC. These boys will play on their home club team and have to do the additional JFC Armada academy practices, play other DA teams around the country, and travel to double the tournaments. These boys will not have much of a life trying to juggle two top teams. It will be expensive to play on two high level travel teams. They won't have time for high school soccer either.
                    The coaches are frnot on other clubs though so you can't say there will be JFC bias.

Comment

The coaches are frnot on other clubs though so you can't say there will be JFC bias.
                      It is a good concept but let's be real. It is JFC Armada's way to poach any outside talent to try to obtain full DA. If JFC gets Armada then these players will become JFC property and not stay a part of their home clubs teams.

Comment

There is no we could afford to have our kid play for our home club and the JFC Armada development academy team. It is expensive to play on two teams and to travel to tournaments around the country.

Comment

It is a good concept but let's be real. It is JFC Armada's way to poach any outside talent to try to obtain full DA. If JFC gets Armada then these players will become JFC property and not stay a part of their home clubs teams.
                          If JFC gets full da, then the boys that CHOOSE to play at the highest level (and that make the team) will do so. This is not professional soccer and there is no ownership moron. No club owns a teenage boy here. If JFC can manage to provide a greater opportunity for some boys then I will thank them for that. Your little club loyalty mentality is stifling your kid! Be assured, they do not have that much loyalty to you!

Comment

Ecnl doesn't change that dynamic. That is always how tryouts work trying to make the area's top team. No different but maybe even more trying to make it and coming to the club where they can move onto foster from. The teams are far from set. Check with OC and WFF....roster changes constantly. Many girls didn't make the teams this year that were regulars last year. Quit spewing only what you want to believe.
                            In the past the top girls in Jax hopped around a lot more and had more clubs to play on a top team. There are no longer competitive teams at Ponte Vedra or Jacksonville Youth Soccer Club or Creeks or Westside or -- The girls in Duval/St Johns counties have two main choices to play on a top team, JFC ECNL or Florida Elite Soccer Academy. There are only so many JFC ECNL spots and lots of talented players. Just doing the math. The B teams at those clubs will become better. Girls in Jax could also drive to Clay county or Flagler county. Soccer players often know where they stand in the pecking order and are worried souls. They aren't all going to want to compete for ECNL positions. My prediction is less girls will try out at JFC and more will play for their home clubs in the future.

Comment

The only expenses is the gas to practice. The all star team is fully funded by Armada. The extra tournament that this PR guy is spewing is the same tournaments Sean Bubb and John M promised players they were going to play.

Comment

If JFC gets full da, then the boys that CHOOSE to play at the highest level (and that make the team) will do so. This is not professional soccer and there is no ownership moron. No club owns a teenage boy here. If JFC can manage to provide a greater opportunity for some boys then I will thank them for that. Your little club loyalty mentality is stifling your kid! Be assured, they do not have that much loyalty to you!
                                JFC Armada needs to reach further to Clay and PDA to find more talent to make U15-U18 solid competitive teams. JFC had one boys team make it to the final 8 of Florida State Cup. The JFC U19 team won State Cup, but it was a representation of consolidated north florida boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X