Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Last time I checked that what these forums are for, to express opinion. And my opinion is the same, Delray and Boynton are a complete waste of time for the better players. Better players are completely wasting their time at clubs like these two clubs and like the guy's saying if you open your eyes you will see that the teams at these clubs never make it past 14 or 15 for a reason. If your a better player than you should get with a bigger better club earlier while you still can. It's sad how many good players fizzled out at Delray never to be seen again and Boynton is following in Delray's footsteps.
    And you think that Boca U or Team Boca is better at the U9-U14 ages???

If you are then I have no idea who or what you are watching.

Maybe the players from the smaller clubs will have to consolidate with a larger team as players quit and rosters get tighter when they move to the higher ages - I would tend to say you may be right.

However, saying that from a developmental standpoint that those "larger" clubs are better at developing at the younger age is a fantasy. Their programs at that age are mediocre at best. They really dont produce great players which is why they go recruiting form other clubs to build their U14 and up teams.

You know I am right.

It seems like you are advocating being in a big club now since you are going to be in a big club later. That is counterproductive if you only want to be part of the big club and not there because they do a great job at player development - which they currently do not.

So starting at a club that may be smaller but does a great job at developing players is a good idea. Smart parents dont pick a team based on the size or Hoop lah they base it on the development of their kid and that varies based on the coach, the team and the age level. Which is why some teams at the big clubs have year groups that are awful and some are great.

Bottom line, go where your kid will get the best development (and this is not necessarily the big clubs) and then make the other choices as time passes based on the circumstances at that time.

Last time I checked Delray has two impressive teams, U11 girls and their U11 boys - both did exectionally well during the last season.

Will they stay there past U14 or so, no one knows, but from a developmental perspective they are outshining those big clubs you mentioned. Seems like something is working there.

Comment

Last time I checked that what these forums are for, to express opinion. And my opinion is the same, Delray and Boynton are a complete waste of time for the better players. Better players are completely wasting their time at clubs like these two clubs and like the guy's saying if you open your eyes you will see that the teams at these clubs never make it past 14 or 15 for a reason. If your a better player than you should get with a bigger better club earlier while you still can. It's sad how many good players fizzled out at Delray never to be seen again and Boynton is following in Delray's footsteps.
      So why does this concern you? How does this affect your life? Why the constant bashing? Do you think everyone must follow your "expert" advice? We are happy here. Again, thanks for your concern. You made your decision for your kid and that is fine. Not everyone want or can end up in a college team.

So support your club and team and hopefully your kid is happy and enjoys the game. My kid is happy where he is.

Comment

And you think that Boca U or Team Boca is better at the U9-U14 ages???

If you are then I have no idea who or what you are watching.

Maybe the players from the smaller clubs will have to consolidate with a larger team as players quit and rosters get tighter when they move to the higher ages - I would tend to say you may be right.

However, saying that from a developmental standpoint that those "larger" clubs are better at developing at the younger age is a fantasy. Their programs at that age are mediocre at best. They really dont produce great players which is why they go recruiting form other clubs to build their U14 and up teams.

You know I am right.

It seems like you are advocating being in a big club now since you are going to be in a big club later. That is counterproductive if you only want to be part of the big club and not there because they do a great job at player development - which they currently do not.

So starting at a club that may be smaller but does a great job at developing players is a good idea. Smart parents dont pick a team based on the size or Hoop lah they base it on the development of their kid and that varies based on the coach, the team and the age level. Which is why some teams at the big clubs have year groups that are awful and some are great.

Bottom line, go where your kid will get the best development (and this is not necessarily the big clubs) and then make the other choices as time passes based on the circumstances at that time.

Last time I checked Delray has two impressive teams, U11 girls and their U11 boys - both did exectionally well during the last season.

Will they stay there past U14 or so, no one knows, but from a developmental perspective they are outshining those big clubs you mentioned. Seems like something is working there.
        You are out of your mind. You need to get out more and look harder at those other clubs you are bashing. Yes at 12 - 15 their first teams blow Delray and Boynton away! 9-12 those clubs don't play to win at all, they develop players and that's why your piddly clubs win at the younger ages because they play to win so your coaches can all go out with the team after the games and by ice cream! After 15 it's not even close because Delray and Boynton teams lose every top player by then. You really need to get out more.

Comment

You are out of your mind. You need to get out more and look harder at those other clubs you are bashing. Yes at 12 - 15 their first teams blow Delray and Boynton away! 9-12 those clubs don't play to win at all, they develop players and that's why your piddly clubs win at the younger ages because they play to win so your coaches can all go out with the team after the games and by ice cream! After 15 it's not even close because Delray and Boynton teams lose every top player by then. You really need to get out more.
          You just dont get it - probabaly never will. And you seem pretty angry for kids that are not yours. We don't all buy into your proclimation that players need to be with a big club.

Once again you are looking at the big club mentality - that a player must be with you in the big club or they will not be developed. Most big clubs are money machines and that is what they care about - aside from a few special players they just cater to the masses who will neither get good training/development nor advance technically or tactically. Those unfortuante kids are just fodder to pay for the big DOC and coach salaries.

I have seen both teams ( BU and TB) at the younger levels and it is nothing special. Kick the ball down the field and chase it with your 1-2 big fast players. There is nothing special about what I have seen in their play - both technical and tactical are lacking.

Boca is not developing players at all the younger levels which is why they recruit HARD for other team's players at the U14 and above - you must be ignoring this or just do not want to face that truth. That is what they do.

So why is that a better choice - because they are big?

I even agreed with you at the higher levels that the players would probably have to find other clubs - i dont think many people dispute that. What you havent told me is why the big clubs are great at developement at the younger ages - because they are not.

What I said was a parent has to make a choice based on their situation and the specifics of the team they are on, the coach they will be with and the philosophy of the training.

Not all big clubs have good teams and coaches at all levels!!! If you believe that then your "opinion" as you call it (seems more like a rant) loses all credibility.

None of the big clubs in South Florida has great teams and coaches at all levels - NONE NOT ONE - ZERO

There are good coaches, teams and programs at the smaller clubs also. No one said Boyington or Delray has great teams and coaches at all the levels. In fact I would tell you they do not. All clubs face this. Yes it is harder for smaller clubs to field more high level teams much like some smaller high schools football programs are very challenged to face the much larger high schools - the pool of players is much larger. That just makes sense.

However, you are blindly preaching that all kids must go to the big clubs even at the younger ages to be successful and that is where you are dead wrong.

Like I said earlier, go to the club that will give your kid the training, environment and coaching. Ths may or may not not be the big clubs.

And as a side note - the ice cream is much better when you have been trained well, execute on the field and win. Order me up a Chocolate chip cone please!

Comment

Could you all just please check your spelling before hitting submit?

Comment

Could you all just please check your spelling before hitting submit?
              Wyh???

Comment

At least get your facts straight

Greg is a world class A-hole. Yes it's a rec club, yes they steal money (30k), yes they steal money from the ayso they are linked to (filtering cash away from ayso), yes they have competitive teams play in rec programs (knights teams playing ayso), yes they have daddy coaches. I will expose this program for what it is. Asaf had no say, Greg and his buddies are behind the scenes pulling in money and shifting it to god only knows. Please don't take your kids there. I will never return, I was a volunteer for several years and watched the system steadily crumble.
                A most compelling blend of inaccurate and unconnected data points by the uninformed deliberately misrepresented into a blatantly false picture...

It will be interesting to see if you can produce one single bit of actual factual evidence of financial misuse or fiduciary irresponsibility under the current leadership team. I'll save you the trouble - you won't because it doesn't exist. Nice try though.

Comment

A most compelling blend of inaccurate and unconnected data points by the uninformed deliberately misrepresented into a blatantly false picture...

It will be interesting to see if you can produce one single bit of actual factual evidence of financial misuse or fiduciary irresponsibility under the current leadership team. I'll save you the trouble - you won't because it doesn't exist. Nice try though.
                  Thanks for chiming in Greg!

Comment

Why you gotta get personal?

Comment

Holy ****! What did you use a thesaurus to write this ? Those are some big words your throwing around. Lmao " Fiduciary ". Really? Lol

Comment

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Comment

Holy ****! What did you use a thesaurus to write this ? Those are some big words your throwing around. Lmao " Fiduciary ". Really? Lol
                          Time for another cruise with club money!

Comment

Why are you so focused on the past?

Comment

Why are you so focused on the past?
                              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.

Comment

Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
                                And those who dwell in the past never sees the new sun rising.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X