Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Or maybe a certain Hispanic Weston US scout. Hmmm.
    Yes, there is definitely a bias towards hispanic players. There are good players all over the state of FL, but it seems as if they are always being selected from Weston.

Comment

What does that have to do with Weston maybe some of these kids are hispanic?

Comment

What does that have to do with Weston maybe some of these kids are hispanic?
        the best talent in florida has not been seen yet, those kids cannot afford it!

Comment

Tried of hearing they can't afford it. biggest problem is the politics. Kids that are really good are over looked for ones already on the team. they won't cut the kid who has not improved for a new kid to the club. second they are looking for the ones that run fast push and play hard not the most skilled. I know some will get on and say oh kid didn't make it. No not the case .... but look at the teams not much change or improvement for a while and there are really good kids out there.

Comment

Tried of hearing they can't afford it. biggest problem is the politics. Kids that are really good are over looked for ones already on the team. they won't cut the kid who has not improved for a new kid to the club. second they are looking for the ones that run fast push and play hard not the most skilled. I know some will get on and say oh kid didn't make it. No not the case .... but look at the teams not much change or improvement for a while and there are really good kids out there.
            You need to get out of your upper middle class neighborhood occasionally. I have coached kids in high school for years that are really good players that simply can't afford to play club soccer.

Comment

I agree.

Comment

You need to get out of your upper middle class neighborhood occasionally. I have coached kids in high school for years that are really good players that simply can't afford to play club soccer.
                Poor players will be scouted on the streets if they are really talented! If you are a high school coach then call a college coach to come watch these "really good" players! That is not the poor players fault they are not being seen, it is your fault Coach! Problem is, there are many "really good" players in Florida and elsewhere. College coaches want the best players and the best students. Pro scouts just want the top players in the state period. Your players in south Florida are just not as good, as a whole, as you think they are...poor or rich and everything in between!

Comment

Now that's some truth

Comment

Clubs have scholarship programs. The families submit tax forms for documentation.

Comment

Poor players will be scouted on the streets if they are really talented! If you are a high school coach then call a college coach to come watch these "really good" players! That is not the poor players fault they are not being seen, it is your fault Coach! Problem is, there are many "really good" players in Florida and elsewhere. College coaches want the best players and the best students. Pro scouts just want the top players in the state period. Your players in south Florida are just not as good, as a whole, as you think they are...poor or rich and everything in between!
                      11.11607 million soccer players in the US and we still cannot put together a proper national team. USA v Panama was like watching a bad high school game and US lost!

It is not that good players do not exist in the US because they do. In Florida, Texas, California, New Jersey, they are there. The reason why we suck is that there is no money in developing the best because there is no market, period. Why should the MLS open up free academies nationwide when they cannot sell the young players they develop like the rest of the world? So we are left with what we have. Daddy coaches, incompetent high school coaches and money greedy DOCs raping our wallets with nothing to show for it. Want to play table tennis? Move to China. Soccer?, move to Spain.

Comment

http://blog.3four3.com/2014/02/13/ml...ion-us-soccer/

Comment

Great post. Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

Yw. Spread the word!

Comment

I think there are various good points being expounded. I agree there are players being missed.Players are overlooked in many clubs depending on the wealth of the parent, connection to the club(ie director or team manager, connections to the coaches). this happens everywhere. however in a MLS owned academy, the players do not pay, and the selections are cleaner as the choices are made with soccer play in mind and nothing else. I think the Issue with M@chi@ is correctly portrayed. I have seen the selection process firsthand, and have seen many players overlooked. Yes weston sends most if not all south florida players to the camps. Yes, M!chi@ has everything to do with that, are they talented enough to make the Camp without Bias?... don't know as I have not seen the level of the players at those camps.Are they the only ones at the level they play at? No, I have seen the level those Weston players play at, and there are other Florida players who could get a chance if selected. I think the Idea of the Academy proffering a certain number of players is a good idea. I also think the federation needs to have other region scouts look at each others players to keep any bias at bay. Incidently check the forum history, you will find threa

Comment

I think there are various good points being expounded. I agree there are players being missed.Players are overlooked in many clubs depending on the wealth of the parent, connection to the club(ie director or team manager, connections to the coaches). this happens everywhere. however in a MLS owned academy, the players do not pay, and the selections are cleaner as the choices are made with soccer play in mind and nothing else. I think the Issue with M@chi@ is correctly portrayed. I have seen the selection process firsthand, and have seen many players overlooked. Yes weston sends most if not all south florida players to the camps. Yes, M!chi@ has everything to do with that, are they talented enough to make the Camp without Bias?... don't know as I have not seen the level of the players at those camps.Are they the only ones at the level they play at? No, I have seen the level those Weston players play at, and there are other Florida players who could get a chance if selected. I think the Idea of the Academy proffering a certain number of players is a good idea. I also think the federation needs to have other region scouts look at each others players to keep any bias at bay. Incidently check the forum history, you will find threa
                                . I also think the federation needs to have other region scouts look at each others players to keep any bias at bay. Incidently check the forum history, you will find threads going back for many years about this scouts alleged graft(his own pay to play).going all the way back to his Days as the region ODP scout. There are also threads about his "alleged"graft with both Weston and Kendall.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X