Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is so untrue. Having my child in all the training groups. ODP was the most disappointing to attend. Never got to a high level in that program. Attending US Soccer training gave my child a stronger view of what was needed to perform, because the level of play was so much more advanced, Stronger players, faster, more skilled, technical, and tactical. Staff member were all US Staff members. Moving onto PDP, I would say the same as US Soccer training. PDP brings the cut above players together in one place and the show begins. You cant pick one out from another. The staff have a real job to perform sorting the best of the best. There really is some cream of the crop players at this event. But getting back to being screwed over, well I do believe your child needs to perform at a cut above to get to these events. Its not the staff it is the child/player. Your DOC/COACH recommend player to all these events. If they send the wrong kid up it would look bad on them send a second one up and the DOC/COACH will never be able to get place a kid again for a long while. HE or She will be chosen if they got what US Staff are looking for. Be that cut above then you move on. If not they will never go to the next level.
    If coaches select players to go then a coach from south Florida sent his 5 or 6 best player on that team when the event was held last spring near Daytona or Jax. PDP has no credibility to me if that's the process. Some clubs choose not to send their players because they don't want them to get recruited by other clubs. Nothing is perfect including ODP.

Comment

How about, what have you done for me lately?
      Only looking at each club's highest ranked or placed(prem., 2nd, etc) team last season. Of the 8 age groups, across both genders, where a Celtic team and a Rangers team competed in the same league(some USA, some FSPL), the Rangers teams finished higher in 6. That doesn't say everything but it sure says a lot.
      It says NOTHING! You are really comparing yourselves to Celtic? Enough said...

Comment

The AGM is combined with the NSCAA summer symposium. Soccer coaches should go to the symposium and soccer administrators should go to the AGM. The AGM started (or revived) a statewide meeting of DOCs which was pretty big last summer and looks to be big this summer. Hence state cup changes like 1 game per day and get ready to talk about USSoccer small-sided and age group restructuring.
        As long as you have people like Stricker running any kind of symposium or DOC meeting nothing will get done at all. Last year was a total waste of time and this year will be the same. The DOC's from the major clubs never go anymore. Untill they get some real soccer people running the board and commitees instead of soccer mommy's FYSA and the AGM will continue to be a joke.

Comment

A Celtic apologist brought the comparison to the table. The above post simply points out that there is no comparison.

Comment

A Celtic apologist brought the comparison to the table. The above post simply points out that there is no comparison.
            So you're the better of the bottom of the barrel clubs then. Ok, that's fair.

Comment

Aren't you the clever one? I'm sure your mommy it's very proud.

Comment

Aren't you the clever one? I'm sure your mommy is very proud.

Comment

Two Florida teams in the National Finals. Good Luck JFC & TBU.

Comment

If coaches select players to go then a coach from south Florida sent his 5 or 6 best player on that team when the event was held last spring near Daytona or Jax. PDP has no credibility to me if that's the process. Some clubs choose not to send their players because they don't want them to get recruited by other clubs. Nothing is perfect including ODP.
                    It starts at your club. They don't recruit, so get over that falsehood. Send the best you have and see how it goes. Let me tell you, you would send your kid if they got the invite. But if you didn't that would be your mistake. Or maybe its the clubs mistake and I would find another club to go too. Because they are not helping any kids move forward.

Comment

What a bunch of Glory Whores

The parents of this team are a bunch of glory whores, like the the fat slob that goes to Army Surplus and buys a uniform and some old medals and goes to the local bar to tell tall tales of combat.

Equally pathetic.

The difference here is that one of the Dads is media savvy and fed a cock and bull story to a lazy newspaper reporter and a lazy TV reporter. Neither reporter did any research to discover that they never played the best teams in the state (at State Cup) and certainly never played the top teams in the country.

Comment

Best in Nation

The parents of this team are a bunch of glory whores, like the the fat slob that goes to Army Surplus and buys a uniform and some old medals and goes to the local bar to tell tall tales of combat.

Equally pathetic.

The difference here is that one of the Dads is media savvy and fed a cock and bull story to a lazy newspaper reporter and a lazy TV reporter. Neither reporter did any research to discover that they never played the best teams in the state (at State Cup) and certainly never played the top teams in the country.
                        Facts are facts they beat the best teams in the nation. Just read the news story or view the TV link. Bet you didn't read or watch.

Comment

Two Florida teams in the National Finals. Good Luck JFC & TBU.
                          We have one National Champion already with the Bonita Strom U13 team as reported in the newspapers and TV news,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuN8SSU7DFQ

Now it will be great if we can add to more!

Go Florida. The boys already showed you how to do it now do it!

Comment

love soccer moms

I go for the following reasons

1. Its a free weekend at DT disney for me.
                            2. Get to mingle and get drunk.
                            3. Meet some soccer moms andchook up.
                            4. Get laid.

Thats about it.

Comment

Rangers beat chargers and tbu-2 in rd 1 of sc. Ties OC purple and pinecrest both top teams. Beat Doral as well. Not sure you can compare Celtic and Celtic at this age is no longer. It folded with players to chargers academy and rest now on tbu-2. Only team in fspl from Bay Area is Rangers. Tbu-WFF both in rpl. Top 5 teams in Bay Area are tbu(not the same team), wff(the same team), Rangers (same team), chargers(rebuild), dynamo(plant city).

Comment

We have one National Champion already with the Bonita Strom U13 team as reported in the newspapers and TV news,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuN8SSU7DFQ

Now it will be great if we can add to more!

Go Florida. The boys already showed you how to do it now do it!
                                Whatever. That is not a national championship. It is a tournament championship. You are the only ones that have deluded yourself otherwise. Believe what you want but no one else is buying it. This thread is about the USYS National Championships.....the REAL one. Go post your video to a presidents cup thread.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X