Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What’s funny is the more teams the worse it is for the club. When we were researching which club to join, and went to see a game, it happened to be their worse team in our age group. At the time we didn’t know this and just assumed it was their team for that birth year and that the team, club, and coach sucked.
    Sounds like you don't know how to do research

Comment

You sound like a defensive club owner who takes players #16-20 because it helps your profit margin
      Always the same. Can't we just get a simple answer from you soccer gurus? All we need is the name of the club and nothing more. What's so hard about that. The assumption is you live in Florida and have kids tha either play or used to play.. I can't imagine adults would be on here criticizing clubs and kids without some involvement in the system?

Comment

Sounds like you don't know how to do research
        Fool. I know how to do research. I just happened to be at a game, and saw the team of the club I was interested in and didn’t know which team it was. But chose to check it out.

Comment

Always the same. Can't we just get a simple answer from you soccer gurus? All we need is the name of the club and nothing more. What's so hard about that. The assumption is you live in Florida and have kids tha either play or used to play.. I can't imagine adults would be on here criticizing clubs and kids without some involvement in the system?
          Any parent who has been in the system for awhile knows that what the poster said is the truth. Too many clubs and leagues makes it more challenging to field profitable teams. Standards start to slip, making it easier for less qualified players to land a spot somewhere. It wasn't that long ago that tryouts meant something. Now they only do for the very top teams.

Comment

Ability or Money

Any parent who has been in the system for awhile knows that what the poster said is the truth. Too many clubs and leagues makes it more challenging to field profitable teams. Standards start to slip, making it easier for less qualified players to land a spot somewhere. It wasn't that long ago that tryouts meant something. Now they only do for the very top teams.
            Any club that has more comp teams than rec teams is just doing a money grab. I'm sorry but there is NO way there are more competitive players than rec players in any club.

Comment

Any club that has more comp teams than rec teams is just doing a money grab. I'm sorry but there is NO way there are more competitive players than rec players in any club.
              I would argue that this particular problem is not unique to Florida, or soccer in general. The same thing happens in basketball and football.. As long as someone is willing to pay, someone will be willing to coach. That's been going on forever. I don't blame them for taking the money. That being said, some parents are doing it for the right reasons while others are simply delusional about the talent levels of their kids. There still are some elite and really competitive teams around, majority are not, and the main reason for that is the majority of kids cannot compete at an elite level because the talent just isnt there. I see constant posts complaining about coaching etc and that does play a role. But the majority of these kids, no matter who their coach is, will never reach or pass a certain level. But, I can tell you that elite talent, will find elite coaching and it will probably be free. But the majority of parents just can't accept that their kid is probably average to good, so they blame Florida soccer, or Florida clubs, or everything is rec that isn't DA... My suggestion is enjoy spending the time with your kids, watching them grow and learn how to compete in a team environment creating bonds that may last a lifetime.. Don't take it too seriously because 99.99% wont become professionals, but that is OKAY... That has never and will never change because again the vast majority of kids in sports will never be elite athletes.

Comment

Spot on

I would argue that this particular problem is not unique to Florida, or soccer in general. The same thing happens in basketball and football.. As long as someone is willing to pay, someone will be willing to coach. That's been going on forever. I don't blame them for taking the money. That being said, some parents are doing it for the right reasons while others are simply delusional about the talent levels of their kids. There still are some elite and really competitive teams around, majority are not, and the main reason for that is the majority of kids cannot compete at an elite level because the talent just isnt there. I see constant posts complaining about coaching etc and that does play a role. But the majority of these kids, no matter who their coach is, will never reach or pass a certain level. But, I can tell you that elite talent, will find elite coaching and it will probably be free. But the majority of parents just can't accept that their kid is probably average to good, so they blame Florida soccer, or Florida clubs, or everything is rec that isn't DA... My suggestion is enjoy spending the time with your kids, watching them grow and learn how to compete in a team environment creating bonds that may last a lifetime.. Don't take it too seriously because 99.99% wont become professionals, but that is OKAY... That has never and will never change because again the vast majority of kids in sports will never be elite athletes.
                Great post. Most kids won't go past a certain level because they don't have the drive and commitment, and that's fine. Most are playing soccer for fun, not the parents, they push the player expecting so much more based on what some Coach or Executive Director with an accent has told them.

Comment

Fool. I know how to do research. I just happened to be at a game, and saw the team of the club I was interested in and didn’t know which team it was. But chose to check it out.
                  So you don't know how to research. You went to the fields unprepared. AKA not doing your research. Then when you watched a team you jumped to conclusions rather than fact checking. Someone who was good at researcher would have pulled out their phone done a quick search and found out that this was the clubs third or fourth team.

Comment

you people complain about clubs having a third team, how about five teams in the 06's alone at Sunrise prime.

Comment

Proper level

you people complain about clubs having a third team, how about five teams in the 06's alone at Sunrise prime.
                      After 3rd level they are all rec. Period

Comment

So you don't know how to research. You went to the fields unprepared. AKA not doing your research. Then when you watched a team you jumped to conclusions rather than fact checking. Someone who was good at researcher would have pulled out their phone done a quick search and found out that this was the clubs third or fourth team.
                        Again, I wasn’t there unprepared, was there to play a game for my own club. Wasn’t there to do research. Happened to be a coincidence. When I did see the team for the club I was interested in, then did the research and figured out it was one for their lower teams. Most parents won’t and that sir was the reason for my comment.

Comment

After 3rd level they are all rec. Period
                          Da 1st team rec

Comment

Again, I wasn’t there unprepared, was there to play a game for my own club. Wasn’t there to do research. Happened to be a coincidence. When I did see the team for the club I was interested in, then did the research and figured out it was one for their lower teams. Most parents won’t and that sir was the reason for my comment.
                            Go reread your first post as you clearly state you were researching teams and went to a game. Can't research and lie. What a combo

Comment

Go reread your first post as you clearly state you were researching teams and went to a game. Can't research and lie. What a combo

I get it, I was trying to have a short post instead of a long post and concatenated the sequence of events. My apologies.

Comment

Trump

I get it, I was trying to have a short post instead of a long post and concatenated the sequence of events. My apologies.
                                What.. Your supposed get mad and call me names. I was just messing with you. I understand your original post.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X