Wff dpl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you people need to stop posting in absolutes.

There is money. Players do get scholarships. Believe it or not...there are even full rides.

Lots of players play for no money. Some get just a tiny razor thin slice of a scholarship. Some players use soccer only for admission into a school they may not have been able to attend if not for a sport.

Be realistic with your kids talent level and dedication level early in in the process.

Gifted athlete that loves the game and always has a ball at their feet??? Sky is the limit.

Mediocre athlete, but a dedicated grinder and hard worker?? Have realistic expectations and understand that college won’t be free.

Exceptional student that is an above average competitive player??? Might be a bale to parlay that into a top flight academic institution.

Don’ t discourage parents and players from dreaming big. Just make sure the dream is realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      All you people need to stop posting in absolutes.

There is money. Players do get scholarships. Believe it or not...there are even full rides.

Lots of players play for no money. Some get just a tiny razor thin slice of a scholarship. Some players use soccer only for admission into a school they may not have been able to attend if not for a sport.

Be realistic with your kids talent level and dedication level early in in the process.

Gifted athlete that loves the game and always has a ball at their feet??? Sky is the limit.

Mediocre athlete, but a dedicated grinder and hard worker?? Have realistic expectations and understand that college won’t be free.

Exceptional student that is an above average competitive player??? Might be a bale to parlay that into a top flight academic institution.

Don’ t discourage parents and players from dreaming big. Just make sure the dream is realistic.

Finally! A rational comment! Thank you. (Except for the full ride part, let's get real. Yes, you can combine soccer money with academic money but any parent that claims "full right" unless the kid has been on the national team for several years, feel free to tell them they are full of sh!t to their face. They deserve it).

Comment

Whats even worse now for WFF DPL....A friend of mine said that girls from other clubs 2nd division CDL teams are coming over and trying out and getting day one offers. WFF is really bringing in the quality for that great player pool. What a mess....

Comment

Whats even worse now for WFF DPL....A friend of mine said that girls from other clubs 2nd division CDL teams are coming over and trying out and getting day one offers. WFF is really bringing in the quality for that great player pool. What a mess....
          My neighbors friends ex-coworkers nail techs dog groomers Instacart grocery delivery person said TBU is the best. But they delivered the groceries to the wrong address, so who knows.

Comment

Same as the WFF GDA tryouts. They offered day one offers each season for GDA. It has nothing to do with quality. If the check goes through your kid gets a patch and is automatically a top level player. Standard WFF money grab tryout.

Comment

From the present team and offers being made, roster is going to be huge. You better pin down the staff as to your role. If you played a lot on your old team, you’re going to be part of a playing time rotation. It might even be a pool where everyone doesn’t get rostered. I’d as a ton of questions and make sure you feel the conversations are honest. One tactic some Clubs employ is to pool talent, and when there’s discontent, offer a slot on their B team.

Comment

Looks like some Flamers are already showing up at TBU practices......

Comment

Had heard that as well. The merry go round. If 2-3 of quality Flames depart, team quality???

Comment

That is very hipocridical that Flamer parents talk all the crap about TBU but then how up at TBU. This gives me the impression that the Flamer parents who comment on this board are the parents of players who know that their missy wont make the TBU team. The ones that are coming over are probably the better players on those teams and have come to grips that WFF is a dead end street for the foreseeable future. We tell you to make the best decision but didnt think that alot were coming over to the darkside. No TBU parents going over to DPL?

Comment

Wff

My daughter Played 01/02 DA for WFF Sam Stockley. Was the worst soccer experience of her life. For the first time watching her depressed I had to ask her if she had a love for the game any longer. She said she loved the game- but the coach and many of her teammates made her sick to her stomach. I’m not saying this because my daughter did not play- my daughter started every game- just wanted to share.

Comment

My daughter Played 01/02 DA for WFF Sam Stockley. Was the worst soccer experience of her life. For the first time watching her depressed I had to ask her if she had a love for the game any longer. She said she loved the game- but the coach and many of her teammates made her sick to her stomach. I’m not saying this because my daughter did not play- my daughter started every game- just wanted to share.
                        When did Stockley coach 01/02’s? Back in 2017-18?

Comment

Some kids just weren't cut out for high level coaching. The WFF DA curriculum was designed for top level elite players.

Comment

When did Stockley coach 01/02’s? Back in 2017-18?
                            I think Yo Yo coaches like 7 teams now so you should be good to go.

Comment

I think Yo Yo coaches like 7 teams now so you should be good to go.
                              All the WFF families were demanding that YY coach their kids. There are not to many active international head coaches in youth soccer. He is the best coach in Florida. WFF is lucky to have him.

Comment

1- the coach has been gone for a year. No relevance.

2- tell your daughter to grow a pair.

3- that particular coach didn’t have favorites. In fact, he was harder on the players that showed the most potential. Isn’t that what you should want?

4- is she going to complain to mommy and daddy about every boss that is ‘mean’ to her?

5- sounds like your daughter has never faced adversity in her life.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X