Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That is because OCDA does not put emphasis on college soccer. Sadly these boys are going to miss out with nothing all because they think they are pro worthy.
    sorry but that is on the parents. they can promise all they want; up to the parents to keep your kid on course for life in general...

Comment

Take a step back. Do you think MN and JC will take IM rejects? Lmao You don’t know these guys. Heck they may take starters.
      IM bench can be starters at OC, parents don't want their boys to leave MLSDA.
      There is a lot more talent down south than there is un north. Jc an MN know it 12 -14 players from IM and Weston will be knocking.

Comment

IM bench can be starters at OC, parents don't want their boys to leave MLSDA.
        There is a lot more talent down south than there is un north. Jc an MN know it 12 -14 players from IM and Weston will be knocking.
        agree with lots of your post; its the part about parents not wanting kids to leave MLS DA that i don't understand. what do they hope to accomplish? don't people have jobs and schools that are more important?

Comment

agree with lots of your post; its the part about parents not wanting kids to leave MLS DA that i don't understand. what do they hope to accomplish? don't people have jobs and schools that are more important?
          It is mainly because everything is paid for, no out of pocket costs compared to other DA or ECNL programs. Unfortunately to play in those leagues it is very expensive.

Comment

Heard the 05 team actually got a win this weekend and that they mainly played the 06's to get that win. Also heard the OC scout talking to another guy and he commented that he doubts any of the 05's will be part of their DA program next season with the exception of an 06 midfielder.
            I find it hard to believe that central florida can not field a good 05 team with all that talent up there.
            If this is true ( and a big if here) then why waste time with them especially the ones that were recently suspended? All those players have to know there is no way they make the team next year so why not leave now?

Comment

If this is true ( and a big if here) then why waste time with them especially the ones that were recently suspended? All those players have to know there is no way they make the team next year so why not leave now?
              well, I am guessing, but 1) we are in march already, 2) go where at this point in the season? 3) pay club registration at this point in the season? what's the point. plus must first ask for a release and by the time it would be processed it's already near april. plus, if you go to another MLS Da should at least end on good terrms w existing club. any questions???

Comment

well, I am guessing, but 1) we are in march already, 2) go where at this point in the season? 3) pay club registration at this point in the season? what's the point. plus must first ask for a release and by the time it would be processed it's already near april. plus, if you go to another MLS Da should at least end on good terrms w existing club. any questions???
                OC gives release in one day. If you leave OC because lack of playing time you ain’t making another MLS. We left because we feel MLS DA is too high commitment.

Comment

No questions just concerns. Stop worrying about your image and prestige wearing purple and a badge. Inter Miami and Atlanta are the two closest MLS academies and your kid has a very slim chance of getting in. Stop fantasizing about being in a stadium and start enjoying watching him play in your lawn chair because most likely that's where your journey ends. Oc will release you quickly because they are too arrogant to swallow their pride and discuss any concerns. There are so many clubs around central Florida pick one and let him play. The difference between current OCDA and other Ecnl clubs is minimal unless you are one of the top 2-3 players on the team and clearly you are not. Start thinking ahead instead of continuing to fall behind.

Comment

No questions just concerns. Stop worrying about your image and prestige wearing purple and a badge. Inter Miami and Atlanta are the two closest MLS academies and your kid has a very slim chance of getting in. Stop fantasizing about being in a stadium and start enjoying watching him play in your lawn chair because most likely that's where your journey ends. Oc will release you quickly because they are too arrogant to swallow their pride and discuss any concerns. There are so many clubs around central Florida pick one and let him play. The difference between current OCDA and other Ecnl clubs is minimal unless you are one of the top 2-3 players on the team and clearly you are not. Start thinking ahead instead of continuing to fall behind.
                    We had a parent from the OC 05 team reach out to our club(IM) trying to get a spot just recently. VP said he gets a lot like that but that the 05 group does not have any players that would challenge our group for spots. Someone should tell her that her two boys will never get a spot down here.

Comment

We had a parent from the OC 05 team reach out to our club(IM) trying to get a spot just recently. VP said he gets a lot like that but that the 05 group does not have any players that would challenge our group for spots. Someone should tell her that her two boys will never get a spot down here.
                      She is desperate because she knows their time is limited at OC.VP is right all the 05 that would challenge your current team no longer play for OC.

Comment

She is desperate because she knows their time is limited at OC.VP is right all the 05 that would challenge your current team no longer play for OC.
                        I have never seen so many posts about this OCDA 05 team. for a terrible team they sure do get a lot of talk on here. I have also never read so many incorrect statements about this team. but the reality is never as exciting

Comment

I have never seen so many posts about this OCDA 05 team. for a terrible team they sure do get a lot of talk on here. I have also never read so many incorrect statements about this team. but the reality is never as exciting
                          I think it is because of what Weston and now IM 05 boys groups achieved and then you look at the only other MLS academy in the state and they have come up short every year. Let's go back 3 or 4 years, has this group ever won any meaningful tournament or showcase? Weston has.
                          That is all everyone needs to know.
                          I also agree with the poster that next year I would be willing to bet all will be gone with the exception of that 06 midfielder and the 05 defender maybe, but he does seem to be injured a lot.

Comment

I think it is because of what Weston and now IM 05 boys groups achieved and then you look at the only other MLS academy in the state and they have come up short every year. Let's go back 3 or 4 years, has this group ever won any meaningful tournament or showcase? Weston has.
                            I also agree with the poster that next year I would be willing to bet all will be gone with the exception of that 06 midfielder and the 05 defender maybe, but he does seem to be injured a lot.
                            They all suck

Comment

First IM hasn’t won anything
                              Second who coached the Weston team who you say won everything
                              Third we know where he is now.

Give it time, give it time.

Comment

Over listening about this 06 and 1 05 defender that is supposedly the best. If they are the best then why are they playing on the worst team. National team call ups? Never see any from OC

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X