Is it true?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some kids just get tired of it and leave. It's not always a matter of being cut. There is life beyond Stars.

Comment

U10 - Is this a joke? My kid plays D1 in college and didn't play at her club for U10 yet she played there for the rest of her career. Apparently that wouldn't be good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Someone mentioned that one of the Stars HS age teams have only one player that was with the club at U10. The rest of the kids are players that started out with other teams. If that is true for this one team, is it true for the others?
        Just to make it easier, can't you tell us which team you are referring to, btdt?

Comment

Doesn't the fact that there is a term "destination club" and everyone involved with club soccer for more than a year or so has a common understanding of what that term means is an indication that the OP isn't providing any sort of revelation? It certainly isn't unique to Stars.

A portion of the destination club players come from smaller, more obscure clubs. Does this idea offend people? Does it not make sense to them? What's the issue? From my standpoint it reveals a dimension of market efficiency. In any of the so-called scams being perpetrated by clubs, this ain't one of them.

Just look at it this way, when you see a truly elite player (let's say All-State HS, D1 scholarship) who stays with one of those smaller/lesser known clubs, you're looking at the exception rather than the rule. It has nothing to do with the bigs or the small can or can't develop their own.

It is simply a practical reality that the destination clubs, for whatever reason, have the ability to attract players to their top teams that are more evenly talented than the smaller clubs. That's a huge advantage in players development from one level to the next on the way to elite.

You are only going to go so far on limited resources, commitment, investment (let's call it on your own). Players playing with better players around them have a better opportunity to progress and develop than those who don't.

If you're the best player on your U11 team (give or take) and your club draws a fraction of the number of players at their tryouts than the so-called destination clubs, in pure soccer terms (putting aside, cost, travel, other considerations), it would be foolish not to consider the move that so many obviously do.

Comment

Some kids just get tired of it and leave. It's not always a matter of being cut. There is life beyond Stars.
            Not according to Stars coaches. It is the end all be all in their 4 little corners of the the world.

Comment

I have to laugh at those who post "who cares". Obviously someone cares. So rather than belittle the point, how about answering the actual point. Don't have any idea whether it's true or not then don't post. Otherwise you fall right into the profile of obnoxious Stars supporters that you are trying to defend.

The bigger issue here is why don't the Stars have a better record bringing players along. Certainly their older teams that have since graduated seem to have had better results in this respect. Why the change?

Comment

I have to laugh at those who post "who cares". Obviously someone cares. So rather than belittle the point, how about answering the actual point. Don't have any idea whether it's true or not then don't post. Otherwise you fall right into the profile of obnoxious Stars supporters that you are trying to defend.

The bigger issue here is why don't the Stars have a better record bringing players along. Certainly their older teams that have since graduated seem to have had better results in this respect. Why the change?
                Thanks btdt.

Comment

Thanks btdt.
                  Hate to disappoint OCDman, but I am actually a Stars parent who wonders the direction of the club. Stars have always been big recruiters, but the core of older teams were often local kids that had been with the club as Ulittles. It doesn't sound like that is the case any more if what is being said is true.

Comment

2013 Youth Soccer Integrity Award

Hate to disappoint OCDman, but I am actually a Stars parent who wonders the direction of the club. Stars have always been big recruiters, but the core of older teams were often local kids that had been with the club as Ulittles. It doesn't sound like that is the case any more if what is being said is true.
                    Wow. Congratulations. You are a Stars parent who clearly is very familiar with the forum, including nicknames for posters. You obviously have followed the intensive bashing and myriad of tactics attempted to wound and discredit Stars. Despite seeing all of that for weeks and months on end, you nevertheless have the courage and titanium spine to openly critique and disparage your own club. This is just the kind of integrity the forum and youth soccer in general need. If only more posters could follow your lead (and of course I mean just more Stars posters). Well done. You are a true patriot. I hope you will share more of your insights.

Comment

Not to mention, that as a Stars parent, you were willing to call out, in your words, "...the profile of obnoxious Stars supporters" and chiding anyone who would "fall into defending" that profile. If, as a Stars parent, you could just point us to evidence of that profile, we all would be deeply indebted so that once and for all we can prove that the Stars are not being attacked in this forum and are merely victims of their own crimes. Thank you.

Comment

Despite seeing all of that for weeks and months on end, you nevertheless have the courage and titanium spine to openly critique and disparage your own club. This is just the kind of integrity the forum and youth soccer in general need.
                        Am I correct in extracting from that sarcasm-laden post that you find the idea of being critical of one's own club in some way incredulous?

Put me down for believing that if you can't objectively criticize your own club, you're too few IQ above being an idiot at best. But at the same time I'm guessing that somehow you're smart enough to be able to criticize clubs that you aren't a part of. Shocker.

Comment

Am I correct in extracting from that sarcasm-laden post that you find the idea of being critical of one's own club in some way incredulous?

Put me down for believing that if you can't objectively criticize your own club, you're too few IQ above being an idiot at best. But at the same time I'm guessing that somehow you're smart enough to be able to criticize clubs that you aren't a part of. Shocker.
                          You would be correct in extracting that I know you are not a Stars parent. The way you structured your post is entirely inconsistent with being a Stars parent, and if you were a Stars parent critiquing your own club your post would have looked much different. Also makes no sense for a Stars parent to pile on when you see the daily barrage happening already. What would be the point. But write a few more paragraphs with your high IQ and we'll have some additional data to make sure we are making a fair assessment of what clbu you are affiliated with.

BTW, LMAO, would you, as a Stars parent, also appreciate if parents with other clubs would more openly dissect their own clubs? Have you seen some good examples of this?

Comment

Can Suzie come out and play today???

Comment

You would be correct in extracting that I know you are not a Stars parent. The way you structured your post is entirely inconsistent with being a Stars parent, and if you were a Stars parent critiquing your own club your post would have looked much different. Also makes no sense for a Stars parent to pile on when you see the daily barrage happening already. What would be the point. But write a few more paragraphs with your high IQ and we'll have some additional data to make sure we are making a fair assessment of what clbu you are affiliated with.

BTW, LMAO, would you, as a Stars parent, also appreciate if parents with other clubs would more openly dissect their own clubs? Have you seen some good examples of this?
                              No dissent allowed in Stars land. Either you are with the cause or against it. We must act as one, we must think as one.

Until my kid gets cut or moved to the 3rd team. Then all bets are off.

Comment

Making it about me, another shocker.

Is there a reason why you sign only some of your posts?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X