USA vs Japan in WC Final! Who wins?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a real question, the ladies have now won 3 world cups: How long will it take for the men to get their first?

1) Next world cup
    2) Within the next 3 World Cups
    3) When women are allowed to play on the men's national team

Comment

Better yet...who wears the soccer pants in this country anyways?

Comment

Wow, the female chauvinists are out in full force this am - I guess I will have to go out and play with my own deflated soccer balls today.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Unfortunately I didn't get to see the game but based on the score did the smurfs forget to bring a goalkeeper last night? or were all the scoring shots over 6 feet off the ground and clearly unreachable?
          first two were from a corner and free kick, sloppy defending, ball touched home, keeper didnt have much chance from 6 yards
          third - defender made a poor clearance and a superb volley -again not much chance, maybe she should have got a hand to it

the 4th was a classic, Lloyd got the ball in her own half , took 2-3 steps looked up and chipped the keeper from 54 yards, however the goalie panicked , got her feet mixed up slipped and if she hadn't fallen would have saved it.

5th she made another hash of a cross, which was pulled back for a simple 5 yard tap in

not one of the Japanese defensive 5 had a game to remember

Comment

Great win for the women. So of those stats don't show how dominating the women were. They were sloppy in the 2nd half, but with a 4-1 and 5-2 lead, most teams tend to relax. Japan got lucky again with an own goal by their opponents. USA got better and stronger as the tournament wore on.

Comment

How did Hopeless Me do in the game - 2 goals? Please don't bring up the golden glove award-my grandma could be sitting back there in a lemonade stand and still win that award with that US defense in front of her. Seems like they should rename it as the golden team defense award instead-give credit where credit is due.

Comment

How did Hopeless Me do in the game - 2 goals? Please don't bring up the golden glove award-my grandma could be sitting back there in a lemonade stand and still win that award with that US defense in front of her. Seems like they should rename it as the golden team defense award instead-give credit where credit is due.
                Lol! Funny!

Comment

aren't the awards based on their total performance during the games, and not just the last game?

Comment

Japan got lucky again with an own goal by their opponents.
                    You can also say US got lucky with the no red card call for Germany...just saying..

Comment

You can also say US got lucky with the no red card call for Germany...just saying..
                      Perhaps the boys should watch the girls practice and try to keep up with them. This win and other wins clearly shows that women's soccer is superior to men's soccer and that the girls are better then the boys. You type of soccer is a joke, have a daughter.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X