Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not sure about NAIA but the NCAA is already in the process of putting limits on foreign player imports as they are working with the US Soccer Federation to promote The US System.
    Let's all hope this happens sooner than later. How can public universities justify funding, largely by US tax dollars, scholarships to foreign players? I cry red card - we deserve a PK! Where is a ref when you need one!

Comment

I agree, I'm okay with private universities giving scholarship monies to whoever they want but Public Universities should have limits on how much US tax dollars will be spent on foreign players.

Comment

College Coaches have no clue on how to evaluating talent. They think that if they have a team of foreign players that their team will be good. I can tell you with experience that most of the international players blow otherwise they would not be here. My son played DII last year and the team had several players from South America and Germany and they sucked. None of them could have made my son's club team. It's sad because many quality players from my son's club team were over looked in favor of international players. There is definitely a bias.

Comment

Or work to establish an even playing ground. Time to abolish title 9 and enforce amaturism for college athletes.
          Why abolish title 9? So US universities can find more foreign MALE players? US women are good enough to keep out the foreign competition, the US men...not so much, based on the rosters posted here.

Comment

College Coaches have no clue on how to evaluating talent. They think that if they have a team of foreign players that their team will be good. I can tell you with experience that most of the international players blow otherwise they would not be here. My son played DII last year and the team had several players from South America and Germany and they sucked. None of them could have made my son's club team. It's sad because many quality players from my son's club team were over looked in favor of international players. There is definitely a bias.
            Bias? It's reality. The best players in the world are not US men. US men suck at soccer. Name one US player who's a star in Europe. NOPE. Name a US man who won the golden boot? The Golden Ball? Golden anything? NOPE. Get better, or quit.

Comment

Why abolish title 9? So US universities can find more foreign MALE players? US women are good enough to keep out the foreign competition, the US men...not so much, based on the rosters posted here.
              It is not that U.S. Women are good it is more that there is not much foreign women that play soccer when compared to men. Most women's college teams could not beat a U16 boys team

Comment

Bias? It's reality. The best players in the world are not US men. US men suck at soccer. Name one US player who's a star in Europe. NOPE. Name a US man who won the golden boot? The Golden Ball? Golden anything? NOPE. Get better, or quit.
                I am not talking about US players playing in Europe or being good enough to play pro soccer in Europe . I am saying that there are plenty of US players that can play College soccer which is not high quality soccer to begin with that are over looked because coaches think foreign players are better. Again most foreign players are rejects otherwise they would not be here in the USA playing college soccer. I have seen it first hand. On my son's college team no a single foreign player could make his club team.

Comment

The discussion is not whether foreign players are better (apparently college coaches think so) but if they are violating NCAA rules. Sorry, but a lot are.

Comment

There is something that many of you are missing. Many players that come from outside the US and have a great work ethic, show humility, and have a better soccer education.

Many players from outside the US appreciate what is given to them. Please talk to some of these foreign players. Growing up I bet many of these players have experienced going hungry and were not sure when their next meal was. That feeling will never leave their body and helps drive them to succeed.

Many (not all) Americans feel entitled and do not understand what what it is to work hard. Reading this thread people want rules put in place to give them or their child an advantage. That is entitlement.

Put yourself in a college coaches position that wants a successful college soccer program. Where would you recruit.

Note: The roster showing a list of all foreign players shows that the American dream is still out there and recognized by many people abroad. I wish all players well and this game should be used to promote love and peace not negative blogging.
                    1. The overwhelming vast majority of foreign soccer players are from upper class families or those who live higher up the hill as the saying goes.
                    2. Most actually pay more money as being from outside the nation to attend the college they are playing soccer.
                    3. I have met plenty of African and Latin American players that were on aid who were from very well to do families and I have met Africans who also paid twice the cost of the college. It just depended if they wanted it or not or were honest enough to say they did not need it.

Comment

We give aid to all the world why not give them all our scholarships to go with it.shame on us stupid americans

Comment

It is not that U.S. Women are good it is more that there is not much foreign women that play soccer when compared to men. Most women's college teams could not beat a U16 boys team
                        Wow. Why compare ourselves to women? You are a d!ckless clown, speak for yourself. Us US male soccer players wish to be compared with other men. The US women are better than other women. Us US men need to look at ourselves.

Comment

I am not talking about US players playing in Europe or being good enough to play pro soccer in Europe . I am saying that there are plenty of US players that can play College soccer which is not high quality soccer to begin with that are over looked because coaches think foreign players are better. Again most foreign players are rejects otherwise they would not be here in the USA playing college soccer. I have seen it first hand. On my son's college team no a single foreign player could make his club team.
                          You saw it, well the rest of us should take that as gospel, we all know that you have the eye to spot talent. Sure the coaches that don't win get fired, of course they want those bad foreign players lol.

Comment

I think a lot of people also don't understand, that while every school in D1 is allowed to have 9.9 scholarships, there is a great number that don't have that full amount! You can't really blame a college for using one of their few scholarships on a real difference maker from another country, they have to keep their jobs somehow! Results have to eventually start being produced.

Personally I think that the draft should be a American citizen/born thing only. The foreign players should either be apart of a different draft or have to get signed on their own, because they had their shot at making it professionally in their home country, so why should they have the ability to come in and steal that from a player who didn't have so many pro academies around them!

Comment

If that is the case then United States born players should not be allowed to play in Europe or South America and receive big contracts over there and students should only be allowed to study in their home country and on top of that we will call the winner of the MLS cup the world champions

Comment

You saw it, well the rest of us should take that as gospel, we all know that you have the eye to spot talent. Sure the coaches that don't win get fired, of course they want those bad foreign players lol.

Listen up smarty. You think the coaches that don't win get fired?? You are wrong. Most men's soccer programs are a joke and an after thought. OK you want proof? Go look up Florida Atlantic University's soccer record over the last 10 years!!! That joke of a coach has a 10 year losing record and total failure with a 33% winning record over 10 years and he still has a job. FAU had one win last year and year before 7 wins with only 1 in the conference.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X