X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Your weariness in hearing the truth only makes it that much sweeter. Not every girl does strive to play with and against the best; acknowledged. Many look for a different youth soccer experience and ECNL isn't for every girl or family. You keep preaching your bologna, but here's the thing....your daughter has figured it out already. Just stop the comparisons, you sound silly. There isn't a club in Florida that wouldn't accept an ECNL designation if they could have it.....and you know it.

The above quote is classic.. Makes me think of what the SEC says in football every year. We are the best and everyone else is playing at a lesser level. Guess what. OSU won it all this year. BTW, I am a Gator and love the SEC bragging, but at the end of the day, it is irrelevant.

The ecnl competition is probably much better from top to bottom. You are correct, most clubs would accept an ecnl invitation. You are also correct in that each kid and family is looking for a their own experience. Your accuracies stop there. Do not assume that because your team or daughter plays in ecnl that they or she/he is better than the teams and players outside of ecnl.

I won't try to provide my rationale. I will simply offer a challenge..

Have your ecnl club play a top non-ecnl club in friendlies and see who wins H2H...

For example,let's have WFF play TBU girls U15-U18 and see if ecnl takes them to the wood shed. These are the ages that college coaches are looking at, so it would be most relevant.. Even if WFF won 3 out of 4 that would solid proof of at least 1 ecnl club backing up all this braggioso.

I am sure all clubs would welcome this friendly challenge as a warm up at the beginning of the year.

It would be great fun and great competition, which at the end of the day is what most of this is about.
    Get your point and perhaps a TBU team could beat WFF as you never know what you'll get day/day from a 15 year old. Your validation will never happen, WFF / OC / Boca don't view TBU as their competition; sorry....just don't. ECNL in Florida is young and while each year they attract more talent it will take another few before they're truly dominant in Florida. What remains is a superior league giving kids the absolute best competition week in and week out along with THE best opportunity to showcase themselves in front of college scouts - can not be disputed (TopHat figured it out). This is the same argument about non DA....just stop, not everything is equal and not every kid gets the same trophy. And before you call me out for being arrogant know this; of course there are kids not playing ECNL for various reasons that could walk on and make a difference. Those exceptions will forever exist and maybe your daughter is one of them so congrats.

Comment

Creeks/JYS people need to grow the f#$% up.

Comment

Creeks/JYS people need to grow the f#$% up.
        You didn't have ecnl
        in the past and remember greatness comes in many ways. Creeks and JYSC are focusing on its future.

Comment

Get your point and perhaps a TBU team could beat WFF as you never know what you'll get day/day from a 15 year old. Your validation will never happen, WFF / OC / Boca don't view TBU as their competition; sorry....just don't. ECNL in Florida is young and while each year they attract more talent it will take another few before they're truly dominant in Florida. What remains is a superior league giving kids the absolute best competition week in and week out along with THE best opportunity to showcase themselves in front of college scouts - can not be disputed (TopHat figured it out). This is the same argument about non DA....just stop, not everything is equal and not every kid gets the same trophy. And before you call me out for being arrogant know this; of course there are kids not playing ECNL for various reasons that could walk on and make a difference. Those exceptions will forever exist and maybe your daughter is one of them so congrats.
          WFF would not take the bait because TBU would kill them.

Comment

when you speak of tophat you are saying you know their club? I mean, you're implying they did not apply until this year, have now done so and now are in, and I'm pretty sure that isn't close to being accurate.

Comment

this is quite the typical blahh blahh post from a ECNL parent. Keep up the diatribe, who knows, hopefully your ECNL might win something substantial some day. Until then, you'll play against the mediocre ECNL teams and for the majority of the teams, still end up in the bottom half of the bracket. 'The best of the best' certainly don't look at you as competition either...

Comment

this is quite the typical blahh blahh post from a ECNL parent. Keep up the diatribe, who knows, hopefully your ECNL might win something substantial some day. Until then, you'll play against the mediocre ECNL teams and for the majority of the teams, still end up in the bottom half of the bracket. 'The best of the best' certainly don't look at you as competition either...
                Oh really lets go play state cup!!!!!! FSPL on my god cant wait to play my league games. TBU and FKK winning 8-0 every game. We are good then realty hits they play at Disney and Jefferson Cup and don't get out of pool play. Oh I am sorry FKK made region 3 without Top Hat and Jacksonville this year. They should move up to fourth or third. No one thinks ECNL has the best teams. But it gives an opportunity for girls to come together to play the best. Funny Florida just doesn't get it.

Comment

Funny. Not sure why some of the ecnl crowd try to push down others.. I think it's a good league with some great attributes. I also believe there are some talented kids, coaches and teams involved. My point is that for those of you who push down others to feel better about your choices should stop.

We should all wish the best for all these kids regardless of the league they play in. If you want to be insecure and shallow and bash those that do not follow your lead to your league, then I only ask you to put your actions behind your hollow words and play a good non-ecnl team. Then you could really show us.

Good luck with that.

Comment

Funny. Not sure why some of the ecnl crowd try to push down others.. I think it's a good league with some great attributes. I also believe there are some talented kids, coaches and teams involved. My point is that for those of you who push down others to feel better about your choices should stop.

We should all wish the best for all these kids regardless of the league they play in. If you want to be insecure and shallow and bash those that do not follow your lead to your league, then I only ask you to put your actions behind your hollow words and play a good non-ecnl team. Then you could really show us.

Good luck with that.
                    yep! And those same people bashing were in regular çlubs playing state cup and R3PL not long ago. There are lots of players to funnel into all the good teams.

Comment

Becoming a top tier ecnl team will take time in Florida. An average club team could pick up two strong players and become "elite" in Florida; the way it is. You need to stop striving to be the tallest midget in the room. Who you play matters. Stop feeding your daughter BS. Many avenues to playing D1 college soccer; you're in the slow lane. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

yep! And those same people bashing were in regular çlubs playing state cup and R3PL not long ago. There are lots of players to funnel into all the good teams.
                        No one is bashing existing teams everyone came up in club. But all we hear is bashing of ECNL. It opportunity for girls to play against better competition. Thats not saying their aren't good teams out there playing club most of them 90 percent cant get to play in region 3 or top levels of major of tournaments. So clubs and talented girls get penalized because of system. Strong survive. If you really believe that the level of competition in Florida is on par with rest of country. What is wrong with wanting to bring the best girls from FKK,OCYS,Sunrise,TBU,Creeks and Jacksonville together and don't give me ODP to play against the best girls from Texas,California,Northern Va,Massachusetts,North Carolina ETC. How is that a bad thing. Thats all that ECNL is trying to do. Tradition is great but everyone of you when the new I phone 6s came out you were beating down the door to get it. So why when something new in soccer world comes up its not good. Would like to see more national exposure for Florida Girls. Other states think our soccer is crap because we can't get people to come together.

Comment

No one is bashing existing teams everyone came up in club. But all we hear is bashing of ECNL. It opportunity for girls to play against better competition. Thats not saying their aren't good teams out there playing club most of them 90 percent cant get to play in region 3 or top levels of major of tournaments. So clubs and talented girls get penalized because of system. Strong survive. If you really believe that the level of competition in Florida is on par with rest of country. What is wrong with wanting to bring the best girls from FKK,OCYS,Sunrise,TBU,Creeks and Jacksonville together and don't give me ODP to play against the best girls from Texas,California,Northern Va,Massachusetts,North Carolina ETC. How is that a bad thing. Thats all that ECNL is trying to do. Tradition is great but everyone of you when the new I phone 6s came out you were beating down the door to get it. So why when something new in soccer world comes up its not good. Would like to see more national exposure for Florida Girls. Other states think our soccer is crap because we can't get people to come together.
                          Blah blah blah. Why keep trying to convince? People agree ECNL is s good league. Not every player wants to drive for it or can get a spot. There are other top teams in good leagues. The non ECNL clubs need to get creative and come together with their own showcases and invite college coaches.

Comment

TBA
                            Florida Showcases-Top teams from FKK, Florida Elite, FC Florida, FC America, TBU, Weston.. College coaches are all invited.

Comment

Blah blah blah. Why keep trying to convince? People agree ECNL is s good league. Not every player wants to drive for it or can get a spot. There are other top teams in good leagues. The non ECNL clubs need to get creative and come together with their own showcases and invite college coaches.
                              Agreed but then its up to FYSA and clubs to work together to get things done. They should have fysa have Brain storming meetings with all doc's to determine best course of action to bring florida together. to many clubs doing things differently. its like you own a company and you have 30 branches all doing something different.

Comment

Agreed but then its up to FYSA and clubs to work together to get things done. They should have fysa have Brain storming meetings with all doc's to determine best course of action to bring florida together. to many clubs doing things differently. its like you own a company and you have 30 branches all doing something different.
                                Yes. Get out the white board this summer and use the expertise of the incredible staff in Florida.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X