Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02/03 Girls Top 10

Top 10 U12 teams in Florida going into SC round 2.

1. Davie
    2. TBU
    3. JFC
    4. WFF
    5 Ponte Vedra
    6. Gainsville
    7. Creeks
    8. Rush
    9. Boca
    10. Chargers
    11. Weston
    12. FC Florida
    13. Pinecrest
    14. MSVG
    15. OCYS
    16. FKK
    17. Sunrise

Says who?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

1. Davie
      2. TBU
      3. JFC
      4. WFF
      5 Ponte Vedra
      6. Gainsville
      7. Creeks
      8. Rush
      9. Boca
      10. Chargers
      11. Weston
      12. FC Florida
      13. Pinecrest
      14. MSVG
      15. OCYS
      16. FKK
      17. Sunrise
      Lol. No. Problem with your list. JFC, TBU and WFF are playing 11v11 in Region Cup (u13). Ponce Vedra and Creeks are not playing Region Cup. Nor does Creeks belong in the top 10.

Its very hard to "rate" two groups (8v8 vs 11v11) in the same rankings when they're playing two different games.

I'd put WFF, JFC, PV and Davie as #1 on any given day. Not sure about TBU anymore.

Comment

Agree with everything in your post.

Comment

8v8 are in Region Cup now. How is everyone doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Hazelnuts View Post
            Lol. No. Problem with your list. JFC, TBU and WFF are playing 11v11 in Region Cup (u13). Ponce Vedra and Creeks are not playing Region Cup. Nor does Creeks belong in the top 10.

Its very hard to "rate" two groups (8v8 vs 11v11) in the same rankings when they're playing two different games.

I'd put WFF, JFC, PV and Davie as #1 on any given day. Not sure about TBU anymore.
            Just curious , why not TBU anymore?

Comment

you are out of touch

1. Davie
              2. TBU
              3. JFC
              4. WFF
              5 Ponte Vedra
              6. Gainsville
              7. Creeks
              8. Rush
              9. Boca
              10. Chargers
              11. Weston
              12. FC Florida
              13. Pinecrest
              14. MSVG
              15. OCYS
              16. FKK
              17. Sunrise
              I am amazed that you are from this age group and are this out of touch with the true rankings

1. Davie
              2. Sunrise
              3. Team Boca
              4. Pinecrest Blue
              5. The rest are similar weston doesn't exist anymore

Comment

I am amazed that you are from this age group and are this out of touch with the true rankings

1. Davie
                2. Sunrise
                3. Team Boca
                4. Pinecrest Blue
                5. The rest are similar weston doesn't exist anymore
                I politely disagree. Why are Team Boca and Pinecrest playing in SF's lower 13s division? So what if they won a lot of games against B teams? Why play Region Cup as an 8v8 team (Pinecrest) if you've been playing 11v11? Points?

As I said above, you can't compare the teams playing 8v8 against the teams playing 11v11. If you're looking at GS as a means to call out the best, look beyond the points. Sunrise picked up nearly 1000 points by winning an 8v8 tournament (playing a u11 team twice). That doesn't mean they belong in the top five. Until this age bracket is all playing 11v11 and the regions play each other more than a handful of games a year, it's tough to assign a ranking but I'll still hold out on my original assessment.

Just curious , why not TBU anymore?
                Not sure on TBU because they've had a coaching change. I think the coaching change came after the team not being as successful (wins) as they had in the past but I may be wrong about that. I noticed the coaching change in December. Besides the coaching change, they've been playing CDL with some weak competition (FKK & Rush) but it's important to note TBU, Davie, PV, WFF made the transition to 11v11 this past fall and they're all still in that learning curve along with playing up in age. All of those teams had beautiful win records previously and it's evident that they're learning a different game now. Maybe it'll look different after this spring.

Comment

I politely disagree. Why are Team Boca and Pinecrest playing in SF's lower 13s division? So what if they won a lot of games against B teams? Why play Region Cup as an 8v8 team (Pinecrest) if you've been playing 11v11? Points?

As I said above, you can't compare the teams playing 8v8 against the teams playing 11v11. If you're looking at GS as a means to call out the best, look beyond the points. Sunrise picked up nearly 1000 points by winning an 8v8 tournament (playing a u11 team twice). That doesn't mean they belong in the top five. Until this age bracket is all playing 11v11 and the regions play each other more than a handful of games a year, it's tough to assign a ranking but I'll still hold out on my original assessment.

Not sure on TBU because they've had a coaching change. I think the coaching change came after the team not being as successful (wins) as they had in the past but I may be wrong about that. I noticed the coaching change in December. Besides the coaching change, they've been playing CDL with some weak competition (FKK & Rush) but it's important to note TBU, Davie, PV, WFF made the transition to 11v11 this past fall and they're all still in that learning curve along with playing up in age. All of those teams had beautiful win records previously and it's evident that they're learning a different game now. Maybe it'll look different after this spring.
                  I happen to agree with you. Overall, I have found your posts to be unbiased and accurate with other topics in this forum

Comment

region cup will spell it out

The one thing I'm not understanding is sunrise at 17 they just beat MSVG 7-1 and boca 3-1 in a tournament and Weston is no longer even a team. So how ranked 17 on your list that shows me you do not have a clue. Not trying to be rude but 17 is pretty funny

Comment

The one thing I'm not understanding is sunrise at 17 they just beat MSVG 7-1 and boca 3-1 in a tournament and Weston is no longer even a team. So how ranked 17 on your list that shows me you do not have a clue. Not trying to be rude but 17 is pretty funny

It was a Davie Parent. NO worries, Sunrise will get them soon. We always do :)

Comment

Do Region Cup winners play each other or is region cup A, B, C, D it for U12?

Comment

Do Region Cup winners play each other or is region cup A, B, C, D it for U12?
                          The winners of Region Cup go to Presidents Cup. By random draw regions play each other. Last year, B played A in "semifinals" and D aged C Winners (A and C) played as the "finals", B and D played " consolation ".

I would LOVE to see "friendlies" with say... WFF, another team from C, JFC, PV, Davie.... And another SF team that's been playing 11v11 all year. Let the Regions play each other on nice neutral fields, make a clinic out of it. I think the teams can learn from each other.

Comment

The winners of Region Cup go to Presidents Cup. By random draw regions play each other. Last year, B played A in "semifinals" and D aged C Winners (A and C) played as the "finals", B and D played " consolation ".

I would LOVE to see "friendlies" with say... WFF, another team from C, JFC, PV, Davie.... And another SF team that's been playing 11v11 all year. Let the Regions play each other on nice neutral fields, make a clinic out of it. I think the teams can learn from each other.
                            Well, if you are top team why would you want to teach your. Opponents anything? Now that region cups are at final 4, I think that most kick ball teams have been weeded out.

Comment

Well, if you are top team why would you want to teach your. Opponents anything? Now that region cups are at final 4, I think that most kick ball teams have been weeded out.
                              Well we are talking about 11 year old girls who have much to learn. PV for instance learned about Davies very physical style of play last year. PV had not met such a physical team- not saying it as a bad thing. No team in NF had shown the level of physical play that Davie exhibited at Presidents Cup so it was an eye opener to say the least. Since that time, PV hasn't seen it since, even playing up an age. It would be great to see it more often so that PV could meet/identify that type of play and learn to adjust immediately rather than letting a half go by before adjusting. Case in point, and another reason I'm not sure TBU will rise again, when PV played TBU at TBUs tournament, it took a half of play before the girls figured out that TBU feeds the ball to two good strikers for everything. Unfortunately, they realized it too late and lost the game in the first half but showed excellent adaption in the second half which looked more like a 0-0 game. Something to be learned from PV is how consistently they play the ball out of the back rather than kicking a long 50/50 ball.

Oh and at least in Region B, the kick ball teams have not been weeded out. OCYS and JYS made it to final four and both teams play that way. (Look for Rush and GSA in the finals). Again, its still 11 year olds who have much to learn and develop.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X