Something to think about

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sean Bubb has promised all training sessions and games will be filmed by the drone!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Just purchased a DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter Drone that I can't wait to use to film my sons soccer matches. Anyone know if there are any rule prohibiting the use of an aerial drone to film a game?
      Legislation is currently being written to address this issue but in the meantime, the field management people will be on you faster than you can say drone. So will the police if you don't pack it away. Its a dangerous toy and you will placing children at risk of serious injury. I am sure they can come up with several local and state statutes that can be applied in this case. Private fields and schools will not let you near them. Neither will public schools.

Why don't you do like the rest of us and sit on a beat up lawn chair and dream about our little uncoordinated Messi or Wambach playing in the world cup someday?

Comment

actually, I think I will just pay someone else to do it instead. That's the American way and then I can enjoy the game and continue to yell at my kid when she screws up.
        LOL! "Captain U goes airborne! For $1000, we will film the top of your son/daughter's head as they follow the ball along with the rest of the team. For an extra $50, we will zoom in on your wife flirting with the coach."

Comment

Quality troll, OP, but don't forget players trying to kick the ball at it.

Comment

No rules what so ever which is very good for us because when your stupid crap drone falls on top of some kid we are going to own you!
            This is true, I once dropped my hot dog on a parent in front of me...was sued, lost all my money and thrown in jail (they charged me with assault and battery with my wiener)....now all I can afford to do is come on TS and share my infinite wisdom with others.

Comment

This is true, I once dropped my hot dog on a parent in front of me...was sued, lost all my money and thrown in jail (they charged me with assault and battery with my wiener)....now all I can afford to do is come on TS and share my infinite wisdom with others.
              And because you assaulted her with your wiener you are now a registered sex offender. What a crap day that was!!!

Comment

That's a neat little drone for a beginner. I pilot a Inspire 1 Quadcopter with 4K Camera, which is hands down the best drone in the market. That crap drone of yours wouldn't last 10 minutes out there with the Central Florida cross winds. Why don't you forget about all this drone business and leave the sky's to the real pilots.
                So you are a "pilot" because you fly a remote control toy?

Comment

So you are a "pilot" because you fly a remote control toy?
                  Yes, I'm also a doctor because I have a thermometer.

Comment

YPDS League

I see now the YPDS (Tampa, U8-U12) league is pushing for FYSA sanctioning. Was there a fallout with US Club? Can it be sanctioned by both organizations? If this gets sanctioned, you'll have CDL, USA and YPDS all in the same area. Seems like overkill.

Comment

I'm curious as to what the deal is on this as well. Any one know anything?

Comment

Here's the league website.

http://www.ypdseries.com

For those that don't know what YPDS is. It's the league that Liverpool South Tampa is banking everything on since it can't go FYSA. They've been pro US Club and bashing FYSA for months. Now, the league looks like it's dropping the US Club route and trying to get FYSA league affiliation. Ironic, since Liverpool can't go FYSA due to local rules. Interesting to see what happens with the league since Liverpool went all in and doesn't have a backup plan for league play. We'll see how this plays out.

Comment

Too Many

I see now the YPDS (Tampa, U8-U12) league is pushing for FYSA sanctioning. Was there a fallout with US Club? Can it be sanctioned by both organizations? If this gets sanctioned, you'll have CDL, USA and YPDS all in the same area. Seems like overkill.
                          I agree, it seems like there is too much overlap, however FYSA would be smart to allow to sanction it as opposed to handing more players over to U.S. Club. I think that their spring league was a success and it allows players at the younger ages to participate in a program after their rec program to start forming teams that will become competitive the following fall. We particularly enjoyed the U8 program.

Comment

Any idea why YPDS started setting up under US Club, but now appears to be applying under FYSA?

Comment

Maybe a Fishhawk supporter has some answers since their DOC is in charge of the league. After getting burned by SSPL last year, going FYSA may prevent a full-scale riot if they didn't have a league this season.

Comment

My guess is it'll fall apart like SSPL did last year. Good idea, but not enough teams willing to actually commit.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X