Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Another parent worried about their son or daughter making a 1st team in a more competitive tryout.
    Agree 100%. Although, I can understand a parents frustration with their child not being able to play with their friends on a first team if they are just an average player. It's a good life lesson in the same aspect. If the parent is smart, they will teach their child if you want to play with your friends or even at the top level you will need to work harder. This not just a soccer this is a life lesson.

Comment

Another parent worried about their son or daughter making a 1st team in a more competitive tryout.
      There's always REC if the kid isn't good enough!

Comment

Also, having a bigger player pool will keep those players on the first team working hard and not get lazy in order to maintain their skills and stay on a first team. If all those players on the U13 girls team want to stay together they can, it's simple ....keep working hard to be the best.

Comment

Also, having a bigger player pool will keep those players on the first team working hard and not get lazy in order to maintain their skills and stay on a first team. If all those players on the U13 girls team want to stay together they can, it's simple ....keep working hard to be the best.
          Completely agree. We need this merger to make our club more "attractive and appealing" for new and talented soccer players. I seriously doubt there is a team currently playing at PH who wouldn't benefit from the addition of some new and fresh talent. To my knowledge, there aren't many championship teams currently at PH. Hopefully this will change next year after the merger!!!

Comment

Completely agree. We need this merger to make our club more "attractive and appealing" for new and talented soccer players. I seriously doubt there is a team currently playing at PH who wouldn't benefit from the addition of some new and fresh talent. To my knowledge, there aren't many championship teams currently at PH. Hopefully this will change next year after the merger!!!
            Exactly well said, Palm Harbor needs this Eastlake does not. Palm harbor would stop at nothing to merge and Eastlake is hesitant. I wonder why that is. PH keep your problems to yourself and do not infect EL.

Comment

Not quite. Don't presume to speak for PH or represent what we want. First of all, when did it become about attracting players instead of developing them? Secondly, when has bigger ever really turned out to be better? There are plenty of great unsigned players in our community if a real DOC cared enough and knew where to look. In the old days the DOCs built clubs one player at a time. The PH DOC doesn't know all the kids names on some of his best teams, much less kids to be scouted for tryouts. Has anyone asked him his strategy for tryouts? Or does PH just bank on the merger going through so no one has to do their job?

Comment

Exactly well said, Palm Harbor needs this Eastlake does not. Palm harbor would stop at nothing to merge and Eastlake is hesitant. I wonder why that is. PH keep your problems to yourself and do not infect EL.
                There is hesitation on both sides of this merger, and there are people who really want it on both sides. Both DOCs have been pushing for this and want it.

Comment

I would think that the PH under 16 girls would be a championship team. That team has proven to be a top team in the state. I believe that they have made several state cup final fours. I know that EL has a very good under 14 team but these clubs are very simaler in many ways. A merger would be good for the elite players as well as the division 1, division 2 and division 3 players. It would allow kids to play at the level that they should play at. Thus allowing them to develope at their rate and have enjoyment while doing it.

Comment

I would think that the PH under 16 girls would be a championship team. That team has proven to be a top team in the state. I believe that they have made several state cup final fours. I know that EL has a very good under 14 team but these clubs are very simaler in many ways. A merger would be good for the elite players as well as the division 1, division 2 and division 3 players. It would allow kids to play at the level that they should play at. Thus allowing them to develope at their rate and have enjoyment while doing it.
                    Develop?? With daddy coaches??? With a DOC that does not know how to train?? Explain how do you think that by merging the 2 clubs will help the soccer development? There is no structure and no program in place

Comment

it is a done NO Deal

Got it from a great source that the deal is dead between PH and EL. Something about not getting into a league (CDL?). I guess BK is going to have to go to plan B now, or as it's known around PH as, "Time to lie some more to save my ***".

Comment

Got it from a great source that the deal is dead between PH and EL. Something about not getting into a league (CDL?). I guess BK is going to have to go to plan B now, or as it's known around PH as, "Time to lie some more to save my ***".
                        I think he has been working on this plan all along. Have you not been watching the acronym wars thread!?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

I think he has been working on this plan all along. Have you not been watching the acronym wars thread!?!?!?!?!?!
                          Good point. Rock it like a lobster!

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                            got it from a great source that the deal is dead between ph and el. Something about not getting into a league (cdl?). I guess bk is going to have to go to plan b now, or as it's known around ph as, "time to lie some more to save my ***".
                            claton claton claton
                            (visualize me shaking my head)

Comment

Why would they even think about getting into CDL? That league is a joke! FSL is where the best teams play!

Comment

Why would they even think about getting into CDL? That league is a joke! FSL is where the best teams play!
                                What Region C teams from CDL clubs are in FSL at ages U15 and over ? I believe it is very few. Most are from the non-CDL clubs like Dunedin, EL, GCU, PH West Pasco and Braden River.

If the FSL went back to its roots of taking only State Cup final 8 or even final 16 teams, it would be the best. But when you have division 2 that is no better than a local league with a lot of travel.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X