Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best boys U10 teams

The U10 NEP thread got hijacked. Which clubs have the best U10 teams? If you want your son to play for a great team where do you go? I know they are 9 and 10. I know things change as they age. That doesn't change the fact that there are very good young teams that offer a special environment. I just want to know where to look.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The U10 NEP thread got hijacked. Which clubs have the best U10 teams? If you want your son to play for a great team where do you go? I know they are 9 and 10. I know things change as they age. That doesn't change the fact that there are very good young teams that offer a special environment. I just want to know where to look.
    This is the problem with parents today. Look for good coaching and not a team.

Comment

I didn't know the two were mutually exclusive.

Comment

I didn't know the two were mutually exclusive.
        Really? Go ahead and chase a strong U10 team that's a recipe for disaster!

Comment

You are the problem. If the skill level of the players around your son isn't high then the execution of the skills they learn won't be fast enough to be beneficial. Your son should have to extend himself if he wants to progress. If he isn't uncomfortable during practice he isn't getting better. If the team around him isn't advanced then the potential to develop is mitigated.

Comment

Really? Go ahead and chase a strong U10 team that's a recipe for disaster!
            Why? You aren't signing your life away so what is the harm?

Comment

If you can find a good team that builds its game from the backfield you'll be fine. Kick and run is bad, bad, bad.

Comment

You are the problem. If the skill level of the players around your son isn't high then the execution of the skills they learn won't be fast enough to be beneficial. Your son should have to extend himself if he wants to progress. If he isn't uncomfortable during practice he isn't getting better. If the team around him isn't advanced then the potential to develop is mitigated.
                Same old gospel sung over and over again!

Comment

At 9 you must play with the best. At 14 you need to give up high school. At 18 you need to give up having fun. At 22 you need to find a job!

Comment

heard Bolts are going to have a Pre-prec-pre academy team next year....

Comment

Ironically, if he is "uncomfortable" during practice, he'll soon be on the 3rd or 4th team- water does seek its own level.

Comment

Ironically, if he is "uncomfortable" during practice, he'll soon be on the 3rd or 4th team- water does seek its own level.
                        Your son must play for a weak team. Find a coach that will challenge him at every practice. If your kid is breezing through drills you are wasting time and money. Hire a babysitter instead.

Comment

If this is a serious question, what exactly are you using to define "best" team? The teams that win at U10 usually have 1 or 2 kids that have matured faster than other kids. They also have coaches that keep those kids in the entire game and make them the focus of the team. Is that really what you want?

U10 is about developing individual skills for your player. Most of the practice should be spent on the ball or on small-sided activities. Find a coach that does that and your son will develop. Then when he is 14, and assuming he still likes soccer and has continued to practice and develop, you can find him the best team in the state.

Comment

If this is a serious question, what exactly are you using to define "best" team? The teams that win at U10 usually have 1 or 2 kids that have matured faster than other kids. They also have coaches that keep those kids in the entire game and make them the focus of the team. Is that really what you want?

U10 is about developing individual skills for your player. Most of the practice should be spent on the ball or on small-sided activities. Find a coach that does that and your son will develop. Then when he is 14, and assuming he still likes soccer and has continued to practice and develop, you can find him the best team in the state.
                            I don't think our ideas about what U10 teams should be doing are substantially different. I guess what I'm asking for are the teams that develop their U10's correctly and completely while also fielding a very competitive squad. There are no standings at U10. I totally agree with that policy. It does make it hard to benchmark teams for the average parent though.

Comment

I don't think our ideas about what U10 teams should be doing are substantially different. I guess what I'm asking for are the teams that develop their U10's correctly and completely while also fielding a very competitive squad. There are no standings at U10. I totally agree with that policy. It does make it hard to benchmark teams for the average parent though.
                              You're not listening. Benchmarking U10 teams by win-loss has zero correlation to developing good players. Read the previous post on having large/fast kids. Find a coach that is working on fundamentals and individual skills.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X