X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When the lights come on.

What lies have been spread....check the fsa website....u12 team puts up an 8 spot on Danbury. Real sportsman like. Why even play them to begin with in a friendly let alone run up the score on them. Perhaps it is because when you played a real club like Santos, they put 6 up on you, so you felt like taking out your anger on a team that any decent town travel team could beat because that loss keeps you out of the top bracket in any real tourneys

Ps, my daughters team has never lost to an fsa team either, another fact
    Albert they played manhattan 6 months ago. come back to earth. they just won pda and will move up to the top group next year and will play all the top ct clubs soon enough in the cup.

Comment

Won PDA?

First off, it was the second tier at PDA. You can put down that you won the tourney, but to the educated soccer masses, WCFC won the U12 bracket. Congrats on the win, but once again, you did not play top talent. I suppose in those 6 months over the winter, they improved enough to beat Manhattan now right? The same manhattan team that couldn't score vs CRUSA and PDA in the top division of their tournament (which SCP, Oakwood and CFC Extreme had played in, where were you)? CRUSA won the bracket and then proceeded to get shut out 3-0 by WCFC.

For all the FSA parents/coaches, check the original post, where I stated that although I cant stand FSA, SP is not ahead of them. You all proved why I can't stand you...right away, you start insulting people and stating my kid must have been cut or beat by FSA and thats why I don't like FSA. CFC may come off as arrogant at times on the board and SCP and Oakwood are not heard from, but FSA always goes to the gutter real quick, especially when people mention the $$ and the complex. Realistically, the $$ to build the complex has to come from somewhere and that somewhere must mean the parents. If I am a U8 parent, I'm smiling because I will enjoy the new fields that were paid for by the B teams at the U12 and above levels.

Albert they played manhattan 6 months ago. come back to earth. they just won pda and will move up to the top group next year and will play all the top ct clubs soon enough in the cup.

Comment

and if you are a cfc parent of a girls team, buy a ticket to an azul game, where your money is going to fund the team. pretty sure your daughter won't make it on this mens team

Comment

First off, it was the second tier at PDA. You can put down that you won the tourney, but to the educated soccer masses, WCFC won the U12 bracket. Congrats on the win, but once again, you did not play top talent. I suppose in those 6 months over the winter, they improved enough to beat Manhattan now right? The same manhattan team that couldn't score vs CRUSA and PDA in the top division of their tournament (which SCP, Oakwood and CFC Extreme had played in, where were you)? CRUSA won the bracket and then proceeded to get shut out 3-0 by WCFC.

For all the FSA parents/coaches, check the original post, where I stated that although I cant stand FSA, SP is not ahead of them. You all proved why I can't stand you...right away, you start insulting people and stating my kid must have been cut or beat by FSA and thats why I don't like FSA. CFC may come off as arrogant at times on the board and SCP and Oakwood are not heard from, but FSA always goes to the gutter real quick, especially when people mention the $$ and the complex. Realistically, the $$ to build the complex has to come from somewhere and that somewhere must mean the parents. If I am a U8 parent, I'm smiling because I will enjoy the new fields that were paid for by the B teams at the U12 and above levels.
          okay let's have a conversation here with no insults . did you notice notice the post said they won the 2nd group at pda and will move up next year? Now let's talk about your math. I'm sure the millions that the fields costed will be all paid off by the hundereds made off a few B team players? You keep bringing up B teams by FSA paying off fields. PDA, Stars, CFC, Albertson, Eclipse, Texans etc etc etc all have 2nd teams. Some have 3rd, 4th and 5th teams. Welcome to 2012 where the market will determine how many teams a club will have. If parents don't think it's a good idea they can go somewhere else.

Comment

okay let's have a conversation here with no insults . did you notice notice the post said they won the 2nd group at pda and will move up next year? Now let's talk about your math. I'm sure the millions that the fields costed will be all paid off by the hundereds made off a few B team players? You keep bringing up B teams by FSA paying off fields. PDA, Stars, CFC, Albertson, Eclipse, Texans etc etc etc all have 2nd teams. Some have 3rd, 4th and 5th teams. Welcome to 2012 where the market will determine how many teams a club will have. If parents don't think it's a good idea they can go somewhere else.
            FSA is in the same category as the clubs you mention above?

Let's go with FSA U15 girls. Two teams, 35 Rostered players, thats $1650 x 35 = $57,750 club fees, and one coach listed for both teams? $$$$

Comment

Why can't people just be happy considering the fact that children today have better opportunities , better fields and facilities to play on ?
              Would you like to go back to have them playing on bumpy fields, missing grass, puddles and dirt?
              Progress is a normal progression everywhere you look. We drive better and more reliable cars. Electronic devices that are remarkably reliable, the world at your fingertips in the palm of your hand etc.? Isn't society suppossed to strive for better conditions for its members, especially their children? Many classrooms today have Smartboards, schools have specific labs, etc. Should we go back to chalk and blackboard because it is cheaper ?

If people see value in something, they will pay for it. Never underestimate the value someone else has for something just because you aren't participating, or don't agree with the object.

Must there be this pettiness and preoccupation with what others are doing? Concentrating more on improvement and positive aspects of what is available is more important then whining and complaining. Just let the kids play.

Comment

Why can't people just be happy considering the fact that children today have better opportunities , better fields and facilities to play on ?
                Would you like to go back to have them playing on bumpy fields, missing grass, puddles and dirt?
                Progress is a normal progression everywhere you look. We drive better and more reliable cars. Electronic devices that are remarkably reliable, the world at your fingertips in the palm of your hand etc.? Isn't society suppossed to strive for better conditions for its members, especially their children? Many classrooms today have Smartboards, schools have specific labs, etc. Should we go back to chalk and blackboard because it is cheaper ?

If people see value in something, they will pay for it. Never underestimate the value someone else has for something just because you aren't participating, or don't agree with the object.

Must there be this pettiness and preoccupation with what others are doing? Concentrating more on improvement and positive aspects of what is available is more important then whining and complaining. Just let the kids play.
                This stuff is mild compared to the MA site, but its getting there. They must all think alike.

Comment

I can live with that

As long as you can agree that your math of a few hundred from the B team players isn't correct.
                  Using the example that another poster posted regrading the U15 team, the math appears to be a considerable amount more then a couple hundred. Not sure the $1650 is correct, but assuming it is, I don't think Joe (the coach for both teams) is pulling down ~50K a year for two one hour combined (yes combined) practices. So the majority of the B team player money is either subsidizing the A team player, going in someones pocket, or paying for capital improvements to a very nice facility. Plus, I'm sure both teams have games and tournaments on the weekends, so impossible for him to be in two places at the same time, so someone (I assume the B team) gets an assistant coach or some other stand in a good majority of the time.

At least I know what I am getting for my money. There is very little that can be skimmed off the top with the amount of time the coaching staff puts in with my daughters team which is close to three times (6 hours) the training time the FSA 15s are getting at a much lower coach to player ratio 1 to 15 or 2 to 15 depending on whether the paid asst coach is there vs 1 to 35. If they are, than they figured something good out and all the power to them because I would pay a high school age baby sitter more per hour to sit on the couch and watch my daughter than how much I am paying a very good coach to actually teach my daughter the game.

I'm sure Joe is a very good coach, that is not the point.

Comment

This stuff is mild compared to the MA site, but its getting there. They must all think alike.
                    Yeah, I guess so. Misery loves company.

Just look around the state and notice how many towns have upgraded their facilities, adding turf fields at their schools. Colleges have been doing it also. At it isn't always the wealthier towns that are doing so.

All for the children. Better , safer, inviting more children to participate. CT has some of the lowest obesity percentages in the country for children. These are some of the reasons.

Comment

FSA is in the same category as the clubs you mention above?

Let's go with FSA U15 girls. Two teams, 35 Rostered players, thats $1650 x 35 = $57,750 club fees, and one coach listed for both teams? $$$$
                      No FSA is not in the same category but that isn't what i'm saying. I'm saying all the big clubs have multiple teams, their own facilities inside and out and this is why they are so big.

Do you really think that simple to just say $$$$? How much profit is there after paying the coach (probably 8-10,000 per team for the entire season), paying to rent the fields inside and outside since November. Keep in mind every practice these kids get it's probably $100 per hour (probably 20,000). Then you have league fees, tourney fees, uniforms. how much do you think is left over from that # you quoted above?

How do you think the fields are getting paid for? Soccerplus used to rent them and they paid for the fields for 5-6 years but they didn't like that agreement so now they are doing the same thing in Middletown and FSA club was born. Same process, they just cut out the middle man.

I don't do the books at fsa but I would be suprised if there is more than 5-6,000 in profit per team. Probably closer to $3,000 per team x 25 teams. When it probably costs about $20,000 a month in mortgage just to keep that place going its not as much money coming in as you think.

Comment

I would argue an applicable anaology would be in modern education. Years ago, class sizes were much larger. Reveiwing class pictures of children in the 50's and 60's showed many times one teacher with sometimes over 30 children in the class. How on earth did they learn anything? The answer is that children at that time were basically better prepared, had more respect and discipline, and were more to task. Fast foward to today, and you find that smaller class size is suppossed to bring us to educational nirvana as far as results go. Well the actual results really don't support the notion that smaller class size actually brings better results. If the children are prepared, willing and able to learn, the size of the class doesn't matter. Indeed, less supervision may inspire more imagination and experimentation, and can lead to continued self learning.Less smothering and dictation regarding every single move the child makes can actually be a strategy for certain situations.

Of course, training in soccer for childen is not exactly the same as classroom work, but along those lines, years ago, school sports teams, during the time when boomers were attending school at their peak, athletic teams also had large numbers of participants.

Comment

Honestly who cares what these clubs are doing to survive. Oakwood has to be paying there bills for their fields which they are expanding again. CFC has an indoor space in Hamdem along with multiple teams per age group around the state. So FSA has new fields big deal. Remember their indoor facility has been around for 8 years so there have been 100s of teams that have helped pay for that. The bottom line is find a club that fits your child's and family's needs and enjoy the time spent playing. Before you know it is all over. Good luck to everyone this spring.

Comment

Honestly who cares what these clubs are doing to survive. Oakwood has to be paying there bills for their fields which they are expanding again. CFC has an indoor space in Hamdem along with multiple teams per age group around the state. So FSA has new fields big deal. Remember their indoor facility has been around for 8 years so there have been 100s of teams that have helped pay for that. The bottom line is find a club that fits your child's and family's needs and enjoy the time spent playing. Before you know it is all over. Good luck to everyone this spring.
                            Extremely well said and I would like to officially nominate you for president of the US. Finally someone has a clue. THANK YOU. The end

Comment

Not to mention profits from popcorn sales

Comment

It's all for the kids. Yeah sure. Not at some clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X