Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Personally I think high school is great too! We are in metro too and most are premiere club players, so it should be kind of an all star program. I actually think training 5-6 days a week keeps them in shape, but maybe wears them down too much. HS makes for a whole different kind of season, playing against some of your club team while playing with different clubs and players. I think it all helps players prepare for college and different opportunities. And the cheering and atmosphere is usually much more exciting than club! I really enjoy the community of mixing your neighborhood school with your club. Very fun for me.
    I agree, my DD actually looks forward to HS. She does go to a very good HS program (Sunset)and it's very organized and runs like a club team, so that helps. I imagine there are other HS not at the same level. Club ball is just not very exciting other than state cup semi's and finals week. She enjoys getting the younger players involved and likes the school spirit. Representing her high school well brings a lot of unity and pride, and sometimes I think they work harder for each other. So yeah, the last two years have been great for her and her teammates.

Comment

Lots of room for improvement in the group of 20. I am hoping some freshman bring some fresh energy
      Yes. To assume that all 20 actually return, i.e. make the team, is only an assumption. Every year, last year's freshmen, sophomore and junior make improvements so assuming that the seniors, by virtue of them being a senior, actually remain on the team. It's also assuming that no incoming freshmen knockoff some of the returning players.

Comment

Yes. To assume that all 20 actually return, i.e. make the team, is only an assumption. Every year, last year's freshmen, sophomore and junior make improvements so assuming that the seniors, by virtue of them being a senior, actually remain on the team. It's also assuming that no incoming freshmen knockoff some of the returning players.
        With Leek still up top, West Linn has a great opportunity to have a special year, but it will take some really tough choices.

Comment

Time for WL coach to prove she deserves to coach at the 6A level. Just because they are seniors doesnt mean they are qualified to be on the team. It really will depend if WL wants to compete. With Leek and a couple of players who will be sophomores, they have the potential to do much better than this past season. Let's hope the coach has learned her lesson - playing favorites and not making the hard decisions doesnt win games.

Comment

With Leek still up top, West Linn has a great opportunity to have a special year, but it will take some really tough choices.
            If she is that good shouldn't you have said for the last three years- "with L&&k up top...

Where was she the last three years?

Comment

If she is that good shouldn't you have said for the last three years- "with L&&k up top...

Where was she the last three years?
              Well, year before last they had a very good year... with her up top. Last year middle struggled to get anything up top. I hope this isnt leading to you trashing a player..

Comment

No trash here. Have watched and respected her play for years.

Comment

Just wondering how does your team treat seniors with respect to varsity? Who does your coach choose between a senior, who has never been on varsity in the past, versus a younger player who is equally as good (or even better)? Do they reward the perserverance or try to build for the future?

Comment

Just wondering how does your team treat seniors with respect to varsity? Who does your coach choose between a senior, who has never been on varsity in the past, versus a younger player who is equally as good (or even better)? Do they reward the perserverance or try to build for the future?
                    Varsity should be built to win... Yes, even at the expense of seniors. Note just because they continue to go out for the high school soccer team does not mean they are working as hard as an incoming freshman

Tualatin HS ie Rosie... picks the best team

Comment

Just wondering how does your team treat seniors with respect to varsity? Who does your coach choose between a senior, who has never been on varsity in the past, versus a younger player who is equally as good (or even better)? Do they reward the perseverance or try to build for the future?
                      Our HS coach picks the best players. If given the opportunity to pick between upper and lower class-men, the younger player is chosen.

Last year 3 varsity players that were to turn seniors this year were released and replaced by incoming freshmen.

Comment

Tualatin HS ie Rosie... picks the best team
                        And promises girls that they'll get to start at Tualatin if they play for him now at Southside. Very strange situation.

Comment

Our High school ALL seniors make varsity. No matter their level of play...no seriously. Well the team is about a good rec team level so...But they do have fun!

Comment

Our High school ALL seniors make varsity. No matter their level of play...no seriously. Well the team is about a good rec team level so...But they do have fun!
                            WLHS..
                            No cut policy unless you are a senior and cant make varsity

Comment

WLHS..
                              No cut policy unless you are a senior and cant make varsity
                              Interesting. I get the policy, and don't completely disagree with it. However it does take away resources and practice time from the better players. Who plays in the games? Do you have a roster of 30 whereby 16 to 18 get to play in games? In JV, I see the no cut policy. However, in Varsity, it should be about winning. Top players should be on the team and the top players on the team should play.

Comment

Interesting. I get the policy, and don't completely disagree with it. However it does take away resources and practice time from the better players. Who plays in the games? Do you have a roster of 30 whereby 16 to 18 get to play in games? In JV, I see the no cut policy. However, in Varsity, it should be about winning. Top players should be on the team and the top players on the team should play.
                                I think that is what it means. NO one can be cut except seniors...Seniors have to be on varsity so if they cannot make varsity they are cut. JV/JV2 NO cut..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X