X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little defensive aren't you

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow, maybe it is time for a pop quiz on this forum.

What is the Capital of Oregon.

The way discussions go from Portland to Eugene and bypasses salem is embarassing.

For a refresher, South Salem High School won the state championship a couple years back, they have been in the top four the last 5 years.

As the poster you quoted, let me gently correct you that I was talking about South Salem, not South Eugene.
    If you're going to give quizzes, at least correct your spelling errors. BTW it's only embarrassing if you're from Salem. Otherwise people don't really care. That's why they skip over it.

Comment

If you're going to give quizzes, at least correct your spelling errors. BTW it's only embarrassing if you're from Salem. Otherwise people don't really care. That's why they skip over it.
      Hmm, another one for the "insult rather then respond honestly when you don't have an answer" category.

Hopefully you won't feel to dejected losing to a team from such a nowhere town. It would be a shame to see your arrogance challenged by that.

Comment

Take note

Salem area soccer soon will be a force to be reckoned with. There is a new crop of young soccer knowledgeable coaches working with the soccer community that will make an impact in the club and HS programs. This year, South Salem will be strong but look out for North Salem! West Salem will challenge and Sprague has a solid freshman class coming in. McKay has talent and McNary is rebuilding but might surprise people. No emberrasment here...being skipped over can always be favorable!

Comment

What would the Answer Be?

Hmm, another one for the "insult rather then respond honestly when you don't have an answer" category.

Hopefully you won't feel to dejected losing to a team from such a nowhere town. It would be a shame to see your arrogance challenged by that.
          The poster posted something about South Eugene when you meant South Salem and you responded with a snarky comment and got the same in return. Seems fair.

Comment

I have to apologize. After some time away, I see that people have been putting words in my mouth since I am the real "Unregistered". Please don't hold any malice towards me!

Comment

Any major surprises after last nights results?

Comment

The poster posted something about South Eugene when you meant South Salem and you responded with a snarky comment and got the same in return. Seems fair.
                So help me out, I have seen the word Snarky tossed back and forth a few times. My original comment was

Wow, maybe it is time for a pop quiz on this forum.

What is the Capital of Oregon.

The way discussions go from Portland to Eugene and bypasses salem is embarassing.

For a refresher, South Salem High School won the state championship a couple years back, they have been in the top four the last 5 years.

As the poster you quoted, let me gently correct you that I was talking about South Salem, not South Eugene.
                the comment received in reply which yo describe as the "same in return"

was

Since this forum lacks geographical bounds, it would seem open to comment from anyone. Unfortunately it always presents a strong (some might say arrogant) portland focus.

Comment

Editorial comments

For people who want to nitpick typographical errors, I used to respond under a registered name. One of the benefits of this was you could correct errors or mistakes to a posting. The downside was the personally directed insults, and even worse the derogatory or judgemental comments that were aimed at my children.

I will risk typos, in order to avoid the personal comments. It would be nice if the level of discourse on this forum didn't require that kind of decision, unfortunately it does.

Comment

Back on topic...

Any major surprises after last nights results?

9/8/11 Results;

Jesuit 4, Sheldon 1 - JHS Freshman scores 2 goals, but they gave up 1.
                    Westview 1, Clackamas 0 - Don't really know much about CHS but might have expected more from WV.
                    Beaverton 5, Cleveland 2 - I heard BHS was on the outs. Looks like a solid performance to me.
                    Aloha 1, Franklin 0 - Could AHS be the darkhorse this season? They have 3 more wins than all of last year.
                    Southridge 3, Lake Oswego 1 - Didn't surprise anyone except LO parents.
                    Sunset 2, West Linn 1 - With all the posts about WLHS on here you would have thought it would have been a blowout. Not so much it seems.

Any thoughts?

Comment

9/8/11 Results;

Jesuit 4, Sheldon 1 - JHS Freshman scores 2 goals, but they gave up 1.
                      Westview 1, Clackamas 0 - Don't really know much about CHS but might have expected more from WV.
                      Beaverton 5, Cleveland 2 - I heard BHS was on the outs. Looks like a solid performance to me.
                      Aloha 1, Franklin 0 - Could AHS be the darkhorse this season? They have 3 more wins than all of last year.
                      Southridge 3, Lake Oswego 1 - Didn't surprise anyone except LO parents.
                      Sunset 2, West Linn 1 - With all the posts about WLHS on here you would have thought it would have been a blowout. Not so much it seems.

Any thoughts?
                      Tough night for the TRL, although all games were against quality opponents. Clackamas was the surprise team last year. They supposedly lost a lot from that team but they may again be the surprise TRL team given their showing against Westview. I heard the West Linn score should have been worse. But, it is a young team (only 2 Srs.) with a new coach, so, you expect them to struggle early. They have talent, so, hopefully they will improve as the season goes on. LO always expects to be at the top but they may be disappointed this year.

Comment

Copy to word & repaste

For people who want to nitpick typographical errors, I used to respond under a registered name. One of the benefits of this was you could correct errors or mistakes to a posting. The downside was the personally directed insults, and even worse the derogatory or judgemental comments that were aimed at my children.

I will risk typos, in order to avoid the personal comments. It would be nice if the level of discourse on this forum didn't require that kind of decision, unfortunately it does.
                        Type on word first or copy to word for spell check then repaste!

Comment

JHS has been playing the few new freshman additions a lot, and two of them were given great balls and have been able to score 2 goals a piece in the last 2 games. Jesuit has really strong mid-field and defensive support. Watching the other teams here and there over the summer, many are lacking in one or two areas, Jesuit by nature of who they are and who they attract, isn't lacking.

JHS will be the team to beat, I fail to see how the other schools can compare at all. I think once in a blue moon you see the regular normal public school that happens to end up with a larger than normal number of club players, and they then compete and can beat teams like Jesuit. But otherwise? It's an unfair, but fair in the process really, advantage for private schools known for attracting the better athletes.

Grant was beat like 4 to 0 in the recent Jamboree by Lakeridge HS, and Sherwood (5A) beat Lakeridge (and Sherwood beat Clackamas I heard as well) in the same jamboree...Grant is struggling with losing so many seniors. They either had a weird, horrible first weekend at the Jamboree, or really need a year or two to improve where they were. Of course we all know it's all about what players you get. Totally different over schools like Jesuit IMHO.

I want to see Tualatin play; everyone keeps saying how amazing they are, but last year it really only the "easy" opponents that Tualatin looked "amazing" against, something the sports-writers for the Oregonian don't seem to get.

Comment

JHS has been playing the few new freshman additions a lot, and two of them were given great balls and have been able to score 2 goals a piece in the last 2 games. Jesuit has really strong mid-field and defensive support. Watching the other teams here and there over the summer, many are lacking in one or two areas, Jesuit by nature of who they are and who they attract, isn't lacking.

JHS will be the team to beat, I fail to see how the other schools can compare at all. I think once in a blue moon you see the regular normal public school that happens to end up with a larger than normal number of club players, and they then compete and can beat teams like Jesuit. But otherwise? It's an unfair, but fair in the process really, advantage for private schools known for attracting the better athletes.

Grant was beat like 4 to 0 in the recent Jamboree by Lakeridge HS, and Sherwood (5A) beat Lakeridge (and Sherwood beat Clackamas I heard as well) in the same jamboree...Grant is struggling with losing so many seniors. They either had a weird, horrible first weekend at the Jamboree, or really need a year or two to improve where they were. Of course we all know it's all about what players you get. Totally different over schools like Jesuit IMHO.

I want to see Tualatin play; everyone keeps saying how amazing they are, but last year it really only the "easy" opponents that Tualatin looked "amazing" against, something the sports-writers for the Oregonian don't seem to get.
                            I heard that Sherwood has a very good freshman putting balls in the net as well. It looks like they also beat Canby (6A). 5A looking like it is Sherwoods to lose

Comment

Isn't Sherwood 5A and Canby 6A? Or did Canby drop to 5A? I think that is where (Canby) Jesuit lost one of their stronger middies; she lives in Canby and decided to play and go to her "home-town" hs this year over Jesuit?

Comment

Tough night for the TRL, although all games were against quality opponents. Clackamas was the surprise team last year. They supposedly lost a lot from that team but they may again be the surprise TRL team given their showing against Westview. I heard the West Linn score should have been worse. But, it is a young team (only 2 Srs.) with a new coach, so, you expect them to struggle early. They have talent, so, hopefully they will improve as the season goes on. LO always expects to be at the top but they may be disappointed this year.
                                West Linn will likely struggle a little this year. (Ill eat my words if they do not.) They have a D1 forward (Jr) but they are young and have a less than ideal coaching situation. They should have a crop of strong freshman next year. That is, if they can keep them, I am already hearing rumblings of 2 going elsewhere.

Clackamas always brings a physical team with more club players from the East than anyone expects. I put my money on them against LO

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X