X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stubborn or Dense...not sure which!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ALL that is being asked, hmmm. You do realize you're asking the OSAA to do something that no other sport does, right? Do you think the NBA cares if the Mavericks and Spurs meet in the playpffs until the conference finals? How about football? Nope, if seeding dictates the Packers play the Bears, that is what happens. Hockey...nope, the Redwings play the Blackhawks if that's what the seeding dictates. NCAA basketball...Duke may play Wake Forest before the final four if need be. Baseball will move a team but only to avoid a 1st round series among division opponents, which is similar to what OSAA already does. So why demand the OSAA to do something so foreign to competitive sports everywhere in every sport? Asking the OSAA to manipulate a bracket so that it guarentees no conference opponents meet until a championship game, is asking them to get in the business of fortune telling. If your daughter's team didn't get the path of least resistance to a championship game, that's not the OSAA's problem.
    Your analogy is TOTAL fail because unlike the NBA or any of the other professional leagues you cited the OSAA has total freedom to match the leagues and seed the teams. I can't say it enough about how silly you sound trying to justify NOT making a good system better!

This is not about any specific DD team or even league but about using common sense AND the computers to produce the best result possible. It’s almost comical how you and the OSAA flacks here are defending how great and accurate the RPI system is and at the SAME TIME saying there is no way to figure out how to BALANCE the brackets AND avoid same league match ups….just priceless!

Comment

Not the case this year and not the POINT

This is idiotic.

What if the number 1 team from League A has an overall ranking of #10 but the #2 team has an overall ranking of #15? Why should OSAA accommodate a league with two teams that go from mediocre to poor? That's the problem, you have no idea what the disparity between the top two teams is and it would almost certainly force a higher ranked team into lower place in the bracketing. Is that fair?

So this is your idea of common sense?
      You are late to the conversation so I'll cut you some slack. Da POINT is that the top 8 teams should be on opposite sides of a bracket and when at all possible the teams in the same league should be on opposite sides too.

Now how hard is that?

Comment

You are late to the conversation so I'll cut you some slack. Da POINT is that the top 8 teams should be on opposite sides of a bracket and when at all possible the teams in the same league should be on opposite sides too.

Now how hard is that?
        Yes, I'm late to the conversation also but have read the thread. Idiotic. Keep teams from the same league opposite for one round. After that, all bets are off. By and large, the rankings are pretty good and certainly are better than a group sitting around trying to accomodate a bunch of parents who simply don't want to possibly play the same league team again until the finals. It's not only unrealistic, it's unfair. Teams from the same league play each other repeatedly in virtually every sport - based in large part on rankings.

Comment

Stupid, moronic, but unfotunately, contributed to the gene pool

Your analogy is TOTAL fail because unlike the NBA or any of the other professional leagues you cited the OSAA has total freedom to match the leagues and seed the teams. I can't say it enough about how silly you sound trying to justify NOT making a good system better!

This is not about any specific DD team or even league but about using common sense AND the computers to produce the best result possible. It’s almost comical how you and the OSAA flacks here are defending how great and accurate the RPI system is and at the SAME TIME saying there is no way to figure out how to BALANCE the brackets AND avoid same league match ups….just priceless!
          Clearly we need to take out the internet connection to OSAA since their employees try to continue to defend themselves of being stupid and lazy. Now go take your two hour lunch break. Inability to comprehend logic is beyond your capability, so it's no wonder you defend this system.

Comment

I don't know what the best solution is for seeding but it was a shame this year when 6 teams from one league made the tourney and 5 of them were in the same side of the bracket.

Part of the fun of playoffs is to play teams that you have never seen before.

Comment

I don't know what the best solution is for seeding but it was a shame this year when 6 teams from one league made the tourney and 5 of them were in the same side of the bracket.

Part of the fun of playoffs is to play teams that you have never seen before.
              the solution to that problem is to not allow 6 teams from one league into the playoffs.

let's keep going over this. one side says "you're dumb, i need to have the easiest route to the final, because that means i'm the best." and then the other side says, "you're a coward, you don't want to beat the best to be the best." and then the other side says "you're dumb, i need to have the easiest route to the final, because that means i'm the best." and then the other side says, "you're a coward, you don't want to beat the best to be the best."

and then some teams wins, and there's not national championship, or a true champion because the ref gave the game to the other team, because i mean, in the NFL they have instant replay.

Comment

I'm sure the way you go about balancing the brackets and "making a good system better" works for you. Balance your mythical brackets, make the "good system better". Create the perfect bracket, based on your opinion, that'll make everybody happy (sarcasm). Some of you people are pathetic. The two teams playing have earned the right to play for the championship...deal with it already!!!!

Comment

Poorly seeded brackets

are a reality in the OSAA since the inception of the tourney in 1977.

Even going to these ridiculous lengths of creating 'power rankings' can't change this fact.

Why not have a bracket committee, selection per say to make the whole absurd approach for the 4 classifications complete?

In the end it's GIRLS HS SOCCER.

So much attention and so little quality.

Comment

Now how hard is that?
                    That's fine, although is not what at all what the quote was responding to. "at all possible" is a weak substitute for a policy.

Comment

Way to go Jesuit

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X