Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos to the Fusion U18 Boys Blue Team

Having played its way to the Sate Cup Semi-Finals or Finals for the last three years, this team lost a player to graduation and a player to the US Soccer Development Academy program at the end of last year.

After tryouts and registration this year, this team lost another player to the US Soccer Development Academy program, lost another player to his actual age group within the club and lost five other players who gave up playing soccer altogether.

Finally, this snake bitten team has lost two players to broken jaws suffered during this year's State Cup.

Nevertheless, and having lost a total of ten players since the end of last year, without any pretense of further success, this Fusion FC U18 Boys Blue team should be applauded for making it to this year's State Cup Round of 16.

And "No", I am not a parent of any Fusion player.

Are you kidding me freak! Stop your bloating already. . You are not the only team to advance. 16 teams made the cut. Goes to show you can pick up a few new players from other clubs and advance. Therefore your team doesn't need a coach because those new players were developed at different clubs before arriving.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Are you kidding me freak! Stop your bloating already. . You are not the only team to advance. 16 teams made the cut. Goes to show you can pick up a few new players from other clubs and advance. Therefore your team doesn't need a coach because those new players were developed at different clubs before arriving.
      Really? That's your intellectually honest and objective response to this post about a hard-working and obstacle-overcoming team? I think not.

Congratulations and best wishes to the Fusion U18 Boys Blue Team.

And "No", let me expand, I am not a Fusion parent, coach, administrator or player.

Comment

If you are not a parent or a fusion member, why subject yourself to argue a point you are clueless about in soccer? Every team has their own hardship story. Fusion is no different! There are teams who can't afford to have players and their
        parents attend playoff games. They are so poor and no funds. Get over it and enjoy your short lived stay with the better teams. What you do next round is key.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          If you are not a parent or a fusion member, why subject yourself to argue a point you are clueless about in soccer? Every team has their own hardship story. Fusion is no different! There are teams who can't afford to have players and their
          parents attend playoff games. They are so poor and no funds. Get over it and enjoy your short lived stay with the better teams. What you do next round is key.
          As stated in my first post, there is no pretense about further State Cup success for this team.

There has not been, and is not, any arguing of any point. The statements in my posts about this team have been factual and congratulatory in nature.

I too wish competitive youth soccer was less expensive and more inclusive. Unfortunately, governmental agencies now charge money for field use, lights and water, parents want licensed coaches and trainers, licensed coaches and trainers want to be paid, Directors of Coaching want to be paid, club administrators want to be paid, required insurance is more and more expensive, there are fewer and fewer volunteers and sponsors, tournaments are becoming more and more expensive to enter and travel expenses associated with those tournaments have become more and more prohibitive. To date, except for some recent MLS activity with US Soccer Development Academy programs, and unlike other countries, our professional clubs have done little to defray the expense of youth soccer.

Clueless about soccer? You couldn't be more wrong.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X