Tournament fee ripoffs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are entitled to keep the 25%, that does not mean it is a wise decision.

Comment

I am going to guess that the field complexes got smarter this year. If they guaranteed to plow, and the tournament is cancelled, they perhaps lose out on field rentals and plowing costs. I'm guessing the 25% includes something along those lines. Plus...fees for the schedulers, medals / trophies that have been ordered (with date so can't be reused), port-o-pottys at fields that need them...there's more cost to running a tournament than you might think. I have no idea of 25% is fair or not. I think when GPS cancelled over Thanksgiving they took out a portion as well; no idea what that was.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        If I am interested to know these costs then it is my business. The club can tell me it is not my business if they want to. If they retain plenty of customers with that poor attitude and don't need my team's business then so be it.
        Are you an idiot? Did you call Apple and ask the cost of your iphone or maybe Ford before you bought your car. Don't be so stupid please, you are depleting the soccer gene pool.

Comment

Are you an idiot? Did you call Apple and ask the cost of your iphone or maybe Ford before you bought your car. Don't be so stupid please, you are depleting the soccer gene pool.
          If you go for a test drive but don't buy the car, would you pay 25% for the privilege to do so?
          Dealers have costs, so is it fair for them?

Comment

If you go for a test drive but don't buy the car, would you pay 25% for the privilege to do so?
            Even if dealers did they would be required to disclose fees up front, just as tournaments do.

Maybe you're not a parent concerned about the welfare of youth soccer but a club owner who was didn't buy the insurance or bother to read the fine print or the application agreement?

Comment

Even if they cancel the test drive you still owe 25%. They have costs you know.

Comment

With pretty minimal research you can figure out how to buy technology that will duplicate the capabilities of an iphone at a very small fraction of the cost. But I guess only on idiot would feel it was their right to do that. Customers that walk into apple and pay top dollar for the latest and greatest iphone with no questions asked are never idiots.

Comment

YOU ALL DESERVE WHAT YOU GET!!!

Tournaments for what??

With that money you could have played at forekicks or any other facility and your kid would have gotten some competition for the winter months for 8 weeks .
                  The money on travel , hotel, and the fee could be better spent playing in a rec league then your stupid tournaments .

Club Parents are just plain DUMB!

Comment

The test drive is offered to customer as a marketing tool, and is pre purchase. If they bought the car and returned after 30 days they would be paying a fee, in some form like a "restocking fee". Sending in tourney fees, and application, and being accepted is by definition a purchase Need to compare apples to apples.

Comment

The test drive is offered to customer as a marketing tool, and is pre purchase. If they bought the car and returned after 30 days they would be paying a fee, in some form like a "restocking fee". Sending in tourney fees, and application, and being accepted is by definition a purchase Need to compare apples to apples.
                      Will GPS tournament go ahead next weekend -seems well organized

Comment

No way

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X