Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N E F C offered E C N L

Just kidding. But some people got pretty excited for a minute, didn't they? Some people would be simultaneously happy and sad. Know what I mean?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    blah blah blah...Know what I mean?
    No, why don't you tell us. You know you're dying to.

Comment

The self-appointed ECNL-bashers at NEFC would be in quite a quandary. I think it might cause their internal operating systems to crash. Mental blue screen of death.

Comment

Yes! We're in! Wait, what? Well, we never wanted to be in anyway!

Comment

Yes! We're in! Wait, what? Well, we never wanted to be in anyway!
          Bunch of IDIOTIC grown men acting like children. No wonder no one goes on this site anymore. Bunch of men living through their children. I remember when this site used to be informative and debative. Went from good to ugly here. Good luck with all your daughters making the USWNT. Team will have 2,150 players on it.

Comment

Bunch of IDIOTIC grown men acting like children. No wonder no one goes on this site anymore. Bunch of men living through their children. I remember when this site used to be informative and debative. Went from good to ugly here. Good luck with all your daughters making the USWNT. Team will have 2,150 players on it.
            That's fine as long as mine in the starting keeper.

Comment

Yeah, no one comes on TS anymore. The U12 thread has 135K page views....

Comment

Yeah, no one comes on TS anymore. The U12 thread has 135K page views....
                U12 wisdom has been bleeding all over this site lately. We've been getting some great insights into the NT selection process by some parents of girls who hit puberty and dominated at 8 years old, lol.

Comment

Yeah, that's why you're still coming on here almost everyday after 10 years, and no, I don't think you are BTDT. What, is your daughter 30 by now, or older than that? How many employees is she supervising?

Comment

U12 wisdom has been bleeding all over this site lately. We've been getting some great insights into the NT selection process by some parents of girls who hit puberty and dominated at 8 years old, lol.
                    Lol? Nice job defending your point. *****hat.

Comment

Lol? Nice job defending your point. *****hat.
                      Testify, brother! Maybe she'll have 2 or 3 puberties. All you guys who think U12 is so pivotal. You know the ship has sailed at U10. You just can't get over the fact that your daughter doesn't have "it". Listen, if she can spell USWNT she had better be on their radar or it's over dad.

Comment

Said the guy who spends quite a bit of his time here ranting about waiting for the "late bloomers" amongst other things. Guess someone didn't take health class in high school to learn that girls hit puberty earlier than boys and that now the average age they do that is 10.5. Guess they also haven't figured out that soccer is one of the top sports amongst females whereas it is well down the list for males or that the women get roughly twice the scholarship money as the men do.

Comment

Said the guy who spends quite a bit of his time here ranting about waiting for the "late bloomers" amongst other things. Guess someone didn't take health class in high school to learn that girls hit puberty earlier than boys and that now the average age they do that is 10.5. Guess they also haven't figured out that soccer is one of the top sports amongst females whereas it is well down the list for males or that the women get roughly twice the scholarship money as the men do.
                          What he said. Face it soccerdad, the clock is ticking and at 10.5 the dream is dead. Tick tock.

Comment

Anybody who gets their medical data from TS kinda deserves what comes to them but the actual scientific information about the age of puberty in females is freely available on other, more trusted, areas of the internet. Like the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, for example.

It is true that puberty is coming earlier, on average. But if your kid isn't fat or sucking on phthalates all day it shouldn't matter to you. On average, we just crossed the 13 year mean for the first time in the 2012 study (2003-2008 data). I think I remember reading about some villages in Samoa or Guam where the mean had gotten to as low as 10 years old but it was a very special case.

Now, the question. Why is someone on TS desperate for you to think US girls are hitting puberty at 10 years old? It's the same person who seems to want to make sure everyone knows that the earliest dominant kids are the only ones with an elite soccer future. It's a very strange tack indeed since most of us on TS have already had at least one child already go through all or most of a youth cycle. We've all seen the U9 superstars that flame out by U13 for the 99 different reasons that happens. We've all seen the kids who were unremarkable at U10 become increasingly strong and ultimately dominant players through the high school years. And we've seen all the variations in between.

I've seen kids that I thought were awesome at one regional event look so bad I didn't recognize who they were the next time I saw them. Did she shrink? I remember her being taller. Is she recovering from a major injury? I remember her being much faster. Is her father abusing her? She seems timid as a mouse out there. And, who is that other kid lighting it up? Really, that's her? I didn't realize she was that good.

Look, just because your kid is the best U11 it doesn't mean she will be out of soccer before high school. But it's very very far from a lock that she will still be playing soccer in high school too. I'm not even talking about being elite, I just mean still playing the game.

Comment

Anybody who gets their medical data from TS kinda deserves what comes to them but the actual scientific information about the age of puberty in females is freely available on other, more trusted, areas of the internet. Like the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, for example.

It is true that puberty is coming earlier, on average. But if your kid isn't fat or sucking on phthalates all day it shouldn't matter to you. On average, we just crossed the 13 year mean for the first time in the 2012 study (2003-2008 data). I think I remember reading about some villages in Samoa or Guam where the mean had gotten to as low as 10 years old but it was a very special case.

Now, the question. Why is someone on TS desperate for you to think US girls are hitting puberty at 10 years old? It's the same person who seems to want to make sure everyone knows that the earliest dominant kids are the only ones with an elite soccer future. It's a very strange tack indeed since most of us on TS have already had at least one child already go through all or most of a youth cycle. We've all seen the U9 superstars that flame out by U13 for the 99 different reasons that happens. We've all seen the kids who were unremarkable at U10 become increasingly strong and ultimately dominant players through the high school years. And we've seen all the variations in between.

I've seen kids that I thought were awesome at one regional event look so bad I didn't recognize who they were the next time I saw them. Did she shrink? I remember her being taller. Is she recovering from a major injury? I remember her being much faster. Is her father abusing her? She seems timid as a mouse out there. And, who is that other kid lighting it up? Really, that's her? I didn't realize she was that good.

Look, just because your kid is the best U11 it doesn't mean she will be out of soccer before high school. But it's very very far from a lock that she will still be playing soccer in high school too. I'm not even talking about being elite, I just mean still playing the game.
                              On a site that has 136,000+ views for a U12 thread you are going to get the U12-centric understanding of the world. Remember how hyped up and ignorant you were when your oldest was U12? TS remains fixed at that mentality like a prehistoric beetle encased in amber.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X