X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you for the intelligent post.
    You can't write a post that agrees with your earlier post and THEN also write a post congratulating yourself for agreeing with your first one. That's too many levels of deceit.

Comment

You can't write a post that agrees with your earlier post and THEN also write a post congratulating yourself for agreeing with your first one. That's too many levels of deceit.
      That's par for the course on TS.

Comment

OK, so just to be clear, the guy who passes the ball as he gets tackled by the Chelsea player is the evil doer? Yeah, this sport has no chance in America until they fix that. While you are at it, what can we do about the offside rule? Really gumming up the game.

Comment

OK, so just to be clear, the guy who passes the ball as he gets tackled by the Chelsea player is the evil doer? Yeah, this sport has no chance in America until they fix that. While you are at it, what can we do about the offside rule? Really gumming up the game.
          The game's fairing pretty well in pretty much every country other than the United States, wouldn't you say? And even in the US, soccer is gaining a lot of popularity.

http://secondstreetlab.com/wp-conten...Super-Bowl.jpg
          http://i.imgur.com/XGFxi7K.png

Comment

The game's fairing pretty well in pretty much every country other than the United States, wouldn't you say? And even in the US, soccer is gaining a lot of popularity.

http://secondstreetlab.com/wp-conten...Super-Bowl.jpg
            http://i.imgur.com/XGFxi7K.png
            To that, I say: http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...es-fan-003.jpg

merica.

Comment

Don't watch soccer then, the sport doing heck of a lot better over in Europe than any sport in America will ever do and soccer is the fastest growing sport in America.

People who insult a sport they don't understand are the worst type of people. It's like saying, hey just because I don't like this sport I think that 300 million other people won't like the sport either because they ALL share the same interest as me.

Talk about close minded and ignorant. If you don't like soccer, keep your mouth shut and don't watch the sport. There are billions of people around the world who like the sport.

Comment

not a foul. to the OP just a reminder that soccer is a contact sport. Yes, this could have been a serious injury but no foul here.

Comment

People who insult a sport they don't understand are the worst type of people.
                  You don't have much of an imagination do you? Nor a book on history in your personal library one would guess. Geez, hyperbole much?

Comment

Thank you. Only actual football players who have played at a high level would understand this.

All you parents who can't even juggle more than 5 times wouldn't understand the implications of such a tackle like this. Matic's reaction was justified. I fully stand behind any player who will stand up for himself when a tackle like that is committed.
                    Baloney. The only card on this play should have been for Chelsea. Matic attempted to disrupt the pass and put himself in harms way. Totally ridiculous reaction. Total wuss.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXTWzgVA1U
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQBaELGiEaM
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkWZyX8lmVU
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7DgjyyOa9I

One of these side foot tackles and your football career could be over. I bet none of you on this forum even played competitive football, yet played football for a living.

If someone came into a tackle like that, I'd be pissed off as hell and be inclined to throw a couple of punches. I actually think Matic kept his cool, if someone tackled me like that when I was playing, I would punch the guy out.

You don't tackle a player like that. It's just a footballing law only football players would understand. It's just like you don't go helmet first into a tackle in American football.
                      Those tackles are absolutely disgraceful.

Comment

Baloney. The only card on this play should have been for Chelsea. Matic attempted to disrupt the pass and put himself in harms way. Totally ridiculous reaction. Total wuss.
                        Matic is the furthest thing from a wuss. Do you even watch soccer?

Comment

I love all these comments to the effect of "it's a footballer thing, you wouldn't understand". Well, it's certainly not a "sports" thing because in every other sport worthy of the title a guy throwing himself into harm's way is not entitled, by rule or personal expectation, to have the opponent pull out of the play.

"Oh, he's about to tackle me as I'm playing the ball to a teammate. I'd better short-leg that pass so I don't come into contact with the guy coming at me at 50 miles per hour."

Until you guys get that right don't expect enjoy first tier success in America and continue to expect little punk kids to wine and complain and roll around on the ground after a physical play. Fish rots from the head.

Comment

I love all these comments to the effect of "it's a footballer thing, you wouldn't understand". Well, it's certainly not a "sports" thing because in every other sport worthy of the title a guy throwing himself into harm's way is not entitled, by rule or personal expectation, to have the opponent pull out of the play.

"Oh, he's about to tackle me as I'm playing the ball to a teammate. I'd better short-leg that pass so I don't come into contact with the guy coming at me at 50 miles per hour."

Until you guys get that right don't expect enjoy first tier success in America and continue to expect little punk kids to wine and complain and roll around on the ground after a physical play. Fish rots from the head.
                            What planet are you on? Matic didn't touch the player- he intercepted the pass pure and simple. He got hurt in the process which was purely incidental - no foul. Sheesh!

Comment

What planet are you on? Matic didn't touch the player- he intercepted the pass pure and simple. He got hurt in the process which was purely incidental - no foul. Sheesh!
                              You and the OP are in agreement. Think you misunderstood.

Comment

You and the OP are in agreement. Think you misunderstood.
                                sorry- my bad!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X