X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digusting Tackle By Burnley Player on Chelsea's Matic

http://gfycat.com/EvenLoathsomeHound

Such a dirty foul. Could've ended Matic's football career.

If you advance video of the incident frame-by-frame you'll see that Barnes contacts the ball first as he attempts to pass to a teammate. Matic intercepts the pass and his leg is struck by the follow through of Barne's leg. It's an unfortunate collision, but I don't see the horrific foul that is being alleged.

Advance it frame by frame. Barnes hits the ball first.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      If you advance video of the incident frame-by-frame you'll see that Barnes contacts the ball first as he attempts to pass to a teammate. Matic intercepts the pass and his leg is struck by the follow through of Barne's leg. It's an unfortunate collision, but I don't see the horrific foul that is being alleged.

Advance it frame by frame. Barnes hits the ball first.
      You're probably the only person who actually defends Barnes... Everyone and their mothers know Barnes should've a straight red card for that.

I don't blame Matic for his reaction. I would've done the exact same for something that could've potentially ended my football career.

Comment

http://gfycat.com/EvenLoathsomeHound

Such a dirty foul. Could've ended Matic's football career.
        Soccer fans are such p*ssies. That wasn't even a foul much less a card. Magic should have been run off after being beat down by Barnes. Barnes is the ball handler you idiot!

Comment

You don't even need to go frame by frame to see Barnes hit the ball first - no foul

Matic was fine since he had no issues running after him

Nothing to see here folks....move on

Comment

You're probably the only person who actually defends Barnes... Everyone and their mothers know Barnes should've a straight red card for that.

I don't blame Matic for his reaction. I would've done the exact same for something that could've potentially ended my football career.
            Are you serious? Watch it again pausing as you go. No foul! No wonder soccer players have such a bad reputation as being big babies.

Comment

Are you serious? Watch it again pausing as you go. No foul! No wonder soccer players have such a bad reputation as being big babies.
              Only Chelsea fans would describe a pass as a reckless tackle.

Comment

Only Chelsea fans would describe a pass as a reckless tackle.
                My only question is why was Matic not sent off for trying to start a fight with a player while his back was turned? Unprovoked.

Comment

You don't even need to go frame by frame to see Barnes hit the ball first - no foul

Matic was fine since he had no issues running after him

Nothing to see here folks....move on
                  I am not a Chelsea fan and was going to give Barnes the benefit of the doubt, but (1) you don't know the rules of modern soccer if you think that getting the ball first means there is no foul or that the lack of serious injury means it shouldn't have been a red and (2) the way that Barnes seems to put his weight into the contact and follows through with his back leg makes it look clear he was trying to take Matic out. Should have been a red.

Comment

I am not a Chelsea fan and was going to give Barnes the benefit of the doubt, but (1) you don't know the rules of modern soccer if you think that getting the ball first means there is no foul or that the lack of serious injury means it shouldn't have been a red and (2) the way that Barnes seems to put his weight into the contact and follows through with his back leg makes it look clear he was trying to take Matic out. Should have been a red.
                    Thank you for the intelligent post.

Comment

Nope. Not clear at all. Chelsea player may have thought it was intentional but not clear from the video. Chelsea player looks like he over-reacted based on video.

Comment

Agree it likely wasn't a foul - but even if it were that doesn't justify attacking the other player. Like it or not there are refs on the field and it's up to them to decide. You'd hope professionals would keep their cool but obviously not all can. Based on the speed he was running it wasn't a "career ending injury" either.

Comment

Agree it likely wasn't a foul - but even if it were that doesn't justify attacking the other player. Like it or not there are refs on the field and it's up to them to decide. You'd hope professionals would keep their cool but obviously not all can. Based on the speed he was running it wasn't a "career ending injury" either.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScXTWzgVA1U
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQBaELGiEaM
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkWZyX8lmVU
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7DgjyyOa9I

One of these side foot tackles and your football career could be over. I bet none of you on this forum even played competitive football, yet played football for a living.

If someone came into a tackle like that, I'd be pissed off as hell and be inclined to throw a couple of punches. I actually think Matic kept his cool, if someone tackled me like that when I was playing, I would punch the guy out.

You don't tackle a player like that. It's just a footballing law only football players would understand. It's just like you don't go helmet first into a tackle in American football.

Comment

Thank you. Only actual football players who have played at a high level would understand this.

All you parents who can't even juggle more than 5 times wouldn't understand the implications of such a tackle like this. Matic's reaction was justified. I fully stand behind any player who will stand up for himself when a tackle like that is committed.

Comment

Soccer fans are such p*ssies. That wasn't even a foul much less a card. Magic should have been run off after being beat down by Barnes. Barnes is the ball handler you idiot!
                              You've never played a competitive match of football in you life, have you? I wouldn't expect someone like you who calls players such a derogatory term to understand the implications of such a side footed tackle.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X