X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/UserFil...1_15%20xls.pdf

Comment

Just look at the list and see what is left. Pretty sad!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        It will be ugly for those from MA moving onto Regional play after winning SC. Really SAD

Comment

It will be ugly for those from MA moving onto Regional play after winning SC. Really SAD
          Then play, you pussy.

Comment

Wow. That is sad.

Comment

Then play, you pussy.
              Actually all other teams ARE INDEED playing. Just not SC. Waste of time. Low level competition. What's wrong? Hit a nerve? Your child is on one of those teams playing SC? You obviously have not kept current on where the rest of the teams are playing. Also, very classy language you are using. I am sure you talk to your kids, family and colleagues that way........

Please show some class.......

Comment

Actually all other teams ARE INDEED playing. Just not SC. Waste of time. Low level competition. What's wrong? Hit a nerve? Your child is on one of those teams playing SC? You obviously have not kept current on where the rest of the teams are playing. Also, very classy language you are using. I am sure you talk to your kids, family and colleagues that way........

keep hiding behind your computer and putting people down. I'm sure you've been that way your entire life.

Comment

Based on the MA SC Page, the maximum teams selected for U13 & 14 are 16 teams and U15 and above will be limited to 12 teams. The actual list published had 12 teams for U13 (B&G) and 9 teams for boys and 8 teams for girls U14. This would impy that they might not have received even 16 applications in each of those age groups. The GU15, GU16, BU16, GU17 brackets have only 8 teams with the BU18 5 teams and GU18 with 3 teams. There are definitely more teams than that for each age group in MA. This would imply that some teams do not consider this as a competitive tournament as in years past. Sure would like to hear MA Youth Soccer reasoning on this........

Some of these teams are not even in the top 20 teams in Gotsoccer for their age groups. Might as well just call this Presidents/State Cup!

Wow! What is going on?

Comment

Last year, Mass youth discouraged participation through their application system.

Lower level and some mid level teams didn't apply because they knew they'd lose their one knock out game or they wouldn't get in.

Mass Youth probably just figured the clubs from the NEP wouldn't be able to stay away. They couldn't last year. But that's what happened.

I'm sure Mass Youth will open the competition back up again next year and you'll see fuller brackets.

Comment

Last year, Mass youth discouraged participation through their application system.

Lower level and some mid level teams didn't apply because they knew they'd lose their one knock out game or they wouldn't get in.

Mass Youth probably just figured the clubs from the NEP wouldn't be able to stay away. They couldn't last year. But that's what happened.

I'm sure Mass Youth will open the competition back up again next year and you'll see fuller brackets.
                      I doubt you'll see any of the US Club teams participating again. They now have their own state cup. This is the problem with bull**** politics. USYS and US Club soccer are on two different paths, and as a result, there's a major division between clubs who fall under either body. Sucks!

Comment

I doubt you'll see any of the US Club teams participating again. They now have their own state cup. This is the problem with bull**** politics. USYS and US Club soccer are on two different paths, and as a result, there's a major division between clubs who fall under either body. Sucks!
                        I was saying you'll see a lot more clubs apply, I didn't say US Club clubs, they are out for the time being.

Comment

This just reinforces the point that has been made many times over. All of theses separate leagues just result in dilution. You can sit there all high and mighty but don't kid yourself, your league and SC if you choose to call it that are diluted as well. Case in point, if NEFC u14g win their "SC" are they the best? I would argue no since they did not play against SSS, the defending SC champ. You can step down off your soapbox now.

Comment

This just reinforces the point that has been made many times over. All of theses separate leagues just result in dilution. You can sit there all high and mighty but don't kid yourself, your league and SC if you choose to call it that are diluted as well. Case in point, if NEFC u14g win their "SC" are they the best? I would argue no since they did not play against SSS, the defending SC champ. You can step down off your soapbox now.
                            Who's better? The Mass Little League state champ or the Mass Cal Ripken league state champ?

Comment

Could be worse... Can you imagine what RIs state cup looks like? They were awful in regionals prior to this, now imagine it without Bayside , Bruno or NEFC RI. Looks like there will be a couple of town teams down at regionals!

Comment

In one off examples you are correct, but for almost all age groups the US Club SC is much stronger!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X