Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEFC's College ID Event

I heard that NEFC put on what sounded like a "pro day" for college prospects last night and had several dozen college coaches attend it, including some from out of state ACC schools. Are any of the other clubs doing anything like this?

Can you be more specific- what schools were there?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I heard that NEFC put on what sounded like a "pro day" for college prospects last night and had several dozen college coaches attend it, including some from out of state ACC schools. Are any of the other clubs doing anything like this?
      Bolts do it.

Comment

Bolts do it.
        Stars and Breakers do it as well

Comment

Stars has done it for at least two years that I know of.

Comment

Several dozen? Last night? ACC from out of state?

OK.

Comment

Several dozen? Last night? ACC from out of state?

OK.
              Yes there were 30 plus schools there. There were ACC schools there. It was a mix of 2014, 2015, and 2016's. Dont be jealous

Comment

Yes there were 30 plus schools there. There were ACC schools there. It was a mix of 2014, 2015, and 2016's. Dont be jealous
                Who's jealous if everyone else does it?

Sorry you weren't first, but maybe you should have thought of that before you posted this advertisement.

Comment

Student managers from the ACC schools? Any offers extended last night? Jut D1 schools or D3 too?

Comment

Student managers from the ACC schools? Any offers extended last night? Jut D1 schools or D3 too?
                    Was there enough space for the girls to boot it really far, or were they forced to actually try to pass it to each other?

I didn't know that there were dozens of ACC schools. Did they finally add FDU to the conference?

Comment

ACC schools - my guess is BC and Syracuse.

BC is right here and Syracuse AC with recruiting responsibility has ties to the area. Both schools come to local club events relatively frequently (eg have seen both on the sidelines for regular club games).

Comment

correction 2016, 2017, 2018

Comment

the 2018 team has alot of girls that are being seriously recruited as I am sure the Stars are as well. I am not comparing the two clubs. NEFC may not be the first but it is refreshing that they are doing it.

I can not comment on if there were offers made that night. I can only talk about my own child. It is not fair or ethical to speak on behalf of someone elses child. It was a well run showcase and it serves its purpose. Nothing more nothing less. Good oopurtunity for all. Non commits only.

Comment

college ID

These events are great things if and when done well. Although it is good to do, it is better when done over 2-3 days. It gives both players and coaches the opportunity to strut their stuff. Ideally it is a concentrated effort. The players can be split into teams. Drills can be run by college coaches on day one and games played on day two. Teams should be small in number to allow playtime, and games would be brief (30 min) to let as many games get played during the day. All games for each age group are played on one field with all coaches lined up to see. You could even envision multiple events, each weekend isolating one age group..................

just thinking out of the box.

Comment

ACC schools - my guess is BC and Syracuse.

BC is right here and Syracuse AC with recruiting responsibility has ties to the area. Both schools come to local club events relatively frequently (eg have seen both on the sidelines for regular club games).
                              Duke was there. Villanova as well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X