Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Only U13 and U14 boys played this Fall (NPL).

NPL Fall Results
    U13 - 1st
    U14 - 1st
    My sons team played against 14 GPS team in NEP ... They were the real deal.

Comment

GPS is the one club in the region where you can absolutely say unequivocally they are here for the money.

Every decision, whether it be this, or something as small as staffing, comes down to money.

They don't care whether you come or go because they have thousands of youth players waiting to pay the next fee.

But they really don't do much to hide it, they are very up front. If you go into it thinking they care about you, you are just being stupid.
      So the other "Big Clubs" in the area don't do this??? Give me a FRIGGIN Break!!!

Comment

So the other "Big Clubs" in the area don't do this??? Give me a FRIGGIN Break!!!
        My kids "Big Club" does plenty to develop the kids. They put a very strong emphasis on development, and while GPS folks think they are getting the same training, when GPS players have moved over to our club, they are so weak technically, it takes them a long time to get up to speed. Also, our club offers free training and seminars. That, to me, places a strong emphasis on player development.

Comment

My kids "Big Club" does plenty to develop the kids. They put a very strong emphasis on development, and while GPS folks think they are getting the same training, when GPS players have moved over to our club, they are so weak technically, it takes them a long time to get up to speed. Also, our club offers free training and seminars. That, to me, places a strong emphasis on player development.
          Sounds good. What club is it?

Comment

No

They got crazy points for playing in a GPS sponsored event in Florida.
            Not true - The NPL teams did not play in Florida.

Comment

I can only think of one age group on the girls side that GPS is in the top 4 and that is U17. The coaches are horrible and I do not care how many coaching clinics or who is leading their clinics. It is a business model and nothing else. It takes low level players just for there money and gives them pretty uniforms. Now pretty uniforms that will cost even more and fees will be even higher next year. I am not part of GPS but am curious as to what the fee is to play for the year and what is included.
              Approx $2,300. for the yr BU11.

Includes:
              2 practices a week Fall, Winter, and Spring. (With holiday breaks during Winter training.)
              NEP - 8 games in the Fall and Spring
              3 Tourns (extra tourn fee for additional tourns)
              2 game and 1 practice uniform including a sweatshirt
              Several goalkeeper sessions a week throughout the year (My son is a keeper)

This was approx the same price as NEFC when we looked into it.

A Stars friend also pays about the same.

Abbey Villa was cheaper but their practice fields were horrible.

This is our first year with GPS and overall we are quite happy. My son is learning/improving, building confidence, and most of all having fun.

There is NO perfect club. Everyone wants to hate on the club they are not with. The reality is every club has something to offer to someone. Find the right club for your kid.

Regarding the launch party (didn't go bc of the weather), it was a family event to share what the Bayern/GPS relationship is/will be. They showed the new uniform kit, had stations set up for kids to play soccer, etc. Yes, there was an opportunity to preorder cleats. However, my understanding is that the event was not hyper focused around that.

Comment

If my son was good enough i would send him DAP

Comment

Includes:
                  2 practices a week Fall, Winter, and Spring. (With holiday breaks during Winter training.)

This is our first year with GPS and overall we are quite happy. My son is learning/improving, building confidence, and most of all having fun.

There is NO perfect club. Everyone wants to hate on the club they are not with. The reality is every club has something to offer to someone. Find the right club for your kid.

Regarding the launch party (didn't go bc of the weather), it was a family event to share what the Bayern/GPS relationship is/will be. They showed the new uniform kit, had stations set up for kids to play soccer, etc. Yes, there was an opportunity to preorder cleats. However, my understanding is that the event was not hyper focused around that.
                  Kudos, a normal non-wise ***** answer that answered the original question and was filled with common sense. Unfortunately, IF the MA TS board used common sense there would be 7 total posts on TS like some other states.

Comment

Kudos, a normal non-wise ***** answer that answered the original question and was filled with common sense. Unfortunately, IF the MA TS board used common sense there would be 7 total posts on TS like some other states.
                    Thanks. I try to stay out of that stuff.

I actually wish this forum offered more basic, non emotional, non agenda driven information.

I found this forum a year ago when looking into club soccer for the first time. I had to sift through hundreds of threads to get to any actual good advice.

It's a shame. MA is a great/active soccer state. It would be awesome if a forum existed where the majority wanted to share actual information instead of club bashing.

Comment

Includes:

Regarding the launch party (didn't go bc of the weather), it wais a family event to share what the Bayern/GPS relationship is/will be. They showed the new uniform kit, had stations set up for kids to play soccer, etc. Yes, there was an opportunity to preorder cleats. However, my understanding is that the event was not hyper focused around that.
                      You didn't include the cost of the mandatory camp - around $900

Comment

You didn't include the cost of the mandatory camp - around $900
                        Not mandatory at BU11 to my knowledge. Which is the age of my son and what I notated in my response.

Comment

So, as I understand GPS NPL team with a few exceptions will become GPS Bayern, GPS Boston Elite will play as GPS NPL etc.. ..........................

Comment

So, as I understand GPS NPL team with a few exceptions will become GPS Bayern, GPS Boston Elite will play as GPS NPL etc.. ..........................
                            That should make the club a whole lot better. You should be able to win some Super Y championships now. :) Will it apply to the girls side as well? I think a name change will make their teams stronger.

Comment

That should make the club a whole lot better. You should be able to win some Super Y championships now. :) Will it apply to the girls side as well? I think a name change will make their teams stronger.
                              GPS changes their name more than I change my underwear.

Comment

GPS changes their name more than I change my underwear.
                                really? once every year or so? Says more about you than them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X