Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why doesn't GPS focus instead on youth development and bringing down costs for them.
    Because it's a "For Profit" company, so they are there to make money and it is less about development.

Comment

Total money grab at its finest. I'm wondering if they gave each player a box of chocolates to sell on the way out ?

"Players had a chance to get a sneak peak at cleats" .... Omg they are reaching.

Comment

GPS is the one club in the region where you can absolutely say unequivocally they are here for the money.

Every decision, whether it be this, or something as small as staffing, comes down to money.

They don't care whether you come or go because they have thousands of youth players waiting to pay the next fee.

But they really don't do much to hide it, they are very up front. If you go into it thinking they care about you, you are just being stupid.

Comment

GPS is the one club in the region where you can absolutely say unequivocally they are here for the money.

Every decision, whether it be this, or something as small as staffing, comes down to money.

They don't care whether you come or go because they have thousands of youth players waiting to pay the next fee.

But they really don't do much to hide it, they are very up front. If you go into it thinking they care about you, you are just being stupid.
          You might be right but their top teams in each age group are usually amongst the top four teams in the state, both boys and girls. If they were not able to put a quality product on the pitch they would not have these "thousands of youth players waiting to pay the next fee". So they are doing something correct and running a good business at the same time. Sounds like a good American business soccer model to me.

Comment

With that many players to select from they should be the best at every age group, especially U13 and older. The problem with GPS numbers game is that they do not know how to develop players and maybe the affiliation with Bayern will help but not for many years. I wold love to know what all this will cost in the coming years?

Comment

You might be right but their top teams in each age group are usually amongst the top four teams in the state, both boys and girls. If they were not able to put a quality product on the pitch they would not have these "thousands of youth players waiting to pay the next fee". So they are doing something correct and running a good business at the same time. Sounds like a good American business soccer model to me.
              You make a statement about GPS teams being the top for at each age. I beg to differ, so can you tell me from, say U12 up to U18 what teams are in the top 4 in the state? We'll use Gotsoccer for your rankings. I think you'll find the boys side is decent but nowhere where you think it is, but the girls side is a disaster and most teams are not near the top four. They place their top teams in the lower division for tournaments. Why do you think that is?

Comment

Because we get Bayern uniforms mean we are great, right?

Why do the new Bavarian coaches sound British?

If my child is chosen to go one trial, are these held in Nuremberg?

I heard the launch was as good as Apollo 13
                Nuremberg. That is classic. Well played.

Comment

GPS Boys

You make a statement about GPS teams being the top for at each age. I beg to differ, so can you tell me from, say U12 up to U18 what teams are in the top 4 in the state? We'll use Gotsoccer for your rankings. I think you'll find the boys side is decent but nowhere where you think it is, but the girls side is a disaster and most teams are not near the top four. They place their top teams in the lower division for tournaments. Why do you think that is?
                  OK. Using GotSoccer Rankings, here are the state rankings for the top GPS boy's team in each age group:

U13 - #1
                  U14 - #3
                  U15 - #1
                  U16 - #1
                  U17 - #2
                  U18 - #4

Comment

OK. Using GotSoccer Rankings, here are the state rankings for the top GPS boy's team in each age group:

U13 - #1
                    U14 - #3
                    U15 - #1
                    U16 - #1
                    U17 - #2
                    U18 - #4
                    Keep playing in your own GPS events to get points!

Comment

U13 - #1
                      U14 - #3
                      U15 - #1
                      U16 - #1
                      U17 - #2
                      U18 - #4

They got crazy points for playing in a GPS sponsored event in Florida.

Comment

I can only think of one age group on the girls side that GPS is in the top 4 and that is U17. The coaches are horrible and I do not care how many coaching clinics or who is leading their clinics. It is a business model and nothing else. It takes low level players just for there money and gives them pretty uniforms. Now pretty uniforms that will cost even more and fees will be even higher next year. I am not part of GPS but am curious as to what the fee is to play for the year and what is included.

Comment

Fall Season

U13 - #1
                          U14 - #3
                          U15 - #1
                          U16 - #1
                          U17 - #2
                          U18 - #4
                          Only U13 and U14 played this Fall (NPL).

U13 - 1st
                          U14 - 1st

Comment

Fall Season

U13 - #1
                            U14 - #3
                            U15 - #1
                            U16 - #1
                            U17 - #2
                            U18 - #4
                            Only U13 and U14 boys played this Fall (NPL).

NPL Fall Results
                            U13 - 1st
                            U14 - 1st

Comment

They got crazy points for playing in a GPS sponsored event in Florida.
                              Wrong team fella! Please educate yourself before you try to make a point.

Comment

Hard to argue with results and facts. GPS is the top boys club (non-DAP) period. Girls side needs work!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X