Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    PM will have a busy weekend!!! If it's slushy on turf fields that morning, I am pretty sure they will wait for it to dry.

(MyFoxBoston.com) -- Morning commuters will need to be careful and watch for icy patches where yesterday's melting refroze. Morning temperatures in the teens and 20s will rise above freezing close to noon.

Afternoon highs will range form the upper 30s to lower 40s. Clouds will increase, so expect gray times this afternoon. This evening will be cloudy and dry with temperatures dropping through the 30s.

Light rain will arrive around 5 a.m. Saturday morning. Since several spots will be below freezing, freezing rain (aka ice) is a concern. Places north and west of Boston are at greatest risk for these icy conditions. We'll see warming from south to north through the morning, weeding out the ice in northern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire last, possibly not until midday.

Steady rain, at times heavy, will fall from 10 a.m. through 5 p.m. Southeastern Mass will get the most with around 1 inch of rainfall expected. Boston will see about .75 inches of rain and southern New Hampshire will get .5 inches.

Since highs will range from the upper 30s north to mid 40s in Boston and points south tomorrow, it's just plain rain through the afternoon.

Showers will turn lighter and patchy Saturday night as cooler air pushes in from the north. We'll see a chance of snow from north to south with light accumulation expected through Sunday morning and afternoon. Towns south of Boston will get a scattered coating. North of Boston there's a better chance for a couple of inches, especially northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. It doesn't look like Boston will get the 1.9 inches needed to break the "snowiest winter" record -- we'll probably get 1 inch or less in the city.
    I sense chaos.

Comment

I sense chaos.
      I agree, this could be a major chaotic event with the size and scope of this tournament. Pretty big event for this time of the year and if those turf fields have any ice on them in the morning it's sayonara for NEFC!!!

From reading the posts on GPS tournament they had minor ice on some fields and the whole complex was closed for the weekend.

Comment

PM will have a busy weekend!!! If it's slushy on turf fields that morning, I am pretty sure they will wait for it to dry.

(MyFoxBoston.com) -- Morning commuters will need to be careful and watch for icy patches where yesterday's melting refroze. Morning temperatures in the teens and 20s will rise above freezing close to noon.

Afternoon highs will range form the upper 30s to lower 40s. Clouds will increase, so expect gray times this afternoon. This evening will be cloudy and dry with temperatures dropping through the 30s.

Light rain will arrive around 5 a.m. Saturday morning. Since several spots will be below freezing, freezing rain (aka ice) is a concern. Places north and west of Boston are at greatest risk for these icy conditions. We'll see warming from south to north through the morning, weeding out the ice in northern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire last, possibly not until midday.

Steady rain, at times heavy, will fall from 10 a.m. through 5 p.m. Southeastern Mass will get the most with around 1 inch of rainfall expected. Boston will see about .75 inches of rain and southern New Hampshire will get .5 inches.

Since highs will range from the upper 30s north to mid 40s in Boston and points south tomorrow, it's just plain rain through the afternoon.

Showers will turn lighter and patchy Saturday night as cooler air pushes in from the north. We'll see a chance of snow from north to south with light accumulation expected through Sunday morning and afternoon. Towns south of Boston will get a scattered coating. North of Boston there's a better chance for a couple of inches, especially northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. It doesn't look like Boston will get the 1.9 inches needed to break the "snowiest winter" record -- we'll probably get 1 inch or less in the city.
        Sounds like a sucky day to play some soccer. Much rather be in a place like Arizona or Florida but alas I live in New England and this is normal.

One thing the older parents know is those soccer players in Arizona and Florida will be out playing soccer tomorrow and if you want your kid to keep pace with them they need to be out playing soccer tomorrow too.

Comment

Looks like GU14 NEFC SC/RI United beat the Breakers ECNL team tonight. That's an impressive win for them, and not so good for Breakers who probably were thinking that they had a much easier bracket.

Comment

Looks like GU14 NEFC SC/RI United beat the Breakers ECNL team tonight. That's an impressive win for them, and not so good for Breakers who probably were thinking that they had a much easier bracket.
            I think SC/RI may be the surprise team in the age group. Could win the whole thing.

Comment

I think SC/RI may be the surprise team in the age group. Could win the whole thing.
              They are definitely a contender. My daughter plays for a younger NEFC team, but I watched them beat the Elite team indoor this winter at the Jamboree. I realize that was a shortened game and indoors, but they were surprisingly strong.

Comment

Didn't know Jim Cantores kid played soccer in New England.

Comment

Here's what I have gathered by reading some posts on TS:

1. Some will complain because a tournament will be played in the cold.
                  2. " " " heat.
                  3. It will be too wet/sloppy/muddy.
                  4. " " dry and the dust from the parking lot will annoy me and get in my kids' lungs.
                  5. The schedule isn't out early enough.
                  6. The schedule was out early enough, but it was (OMG!!!) taken down because of forecasts and trying to figure out backup plans.
                  7. WHEN IS THE SCHEDULE GOING TO BE POSTED?!?!?!?!?!
                  8. The schedule is posted and I hate it!
                  9. I hate our bracket - it's too easy/hard/mediocre and my child/team is way too good/young for it.
                  10. I can't believe they are still having a tournament happen when it's going to be cold and rainy! How dangerous! What if my U12 player gets hurt in a game and he ruins his future high school soccer career because he blows out his knee? (yes, I actually heard a mom complain about this recently from our club. I try and stay away from her)
                  11. My favorite posts are the ones where people claim they have to know the schedule NOW because they have plans.....really?!?! Is it that hard to figure out your kids' schedules a few days ahead of time with their sports, when you probably have other parents you can carpool with? I'll tell you why you need to know.....you are NEUROTIC. Do your plans include some major black tie events that you have to squeeze in? I doubt it - you were, I'm sure, just planning on going to your child's tournament that weekend.
                  12. If you talk like this in front of your kids, you must be raising the most bratty, entitled kids on your street. Just STOP. They are kids, and they will deal.

wow, that felt good.
                  Thats funny and so so true.

Comment

Sure they will have an easy game vs SSS

Comment

NEFC RI/SC is better then NEFC Elite team. Rumor is RL will be coaching them in 2015-2016 season and already recruiting 4 or 5 players from NEFC RI/SC.

Comment

NEFC RI/SC is better then NEFC Elite team. Rumor is RL will be coaching them in 2015-2016 season and already recruiting 4 or 5 players from NEFC RI/SC.
                        Shhh don't tell Bayside folk that. They think they have a clear shot at the RI state cup title and have yet to acknowledge the new competition they have on their doorstop.

Comment

Shhh don't tell Bayside folk that. They think they have a clear shot at the RI state cup title and have yet to acknowledge the new competition they have on their doorstop.
                          Bayside tied elite in NE NPL in the fall and should have easily won the game.

Comment

You might want to finish the weekend at hand before you start thinking about RI state cup. Just some friendly advice.

Comment

You might want to finish the weekend at hand before you start thinking about RI state cup. Just some friendly advice.
                              True, but on cue we have Bayside folk already discounting them as usual. Not even part of either club, but I just think it will be a much better game than the Bayside folk keep saying it will be. I just love to laugh at their blind hubris.

Comment

Bayside tied elite in NE NPL in the fall and should have easily won the game.
                                Troll…jump fishy!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X